Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 5, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Coast (AFLW)
Of course its true. Where is the hate for Xi Jingping? They covered it all up, imprisioned doctors, bought up all the medical supplies from other countries (while saying there is nothing worry about) and then diverted medical equipment to the local market even for foreign owned business. Then they have the nerve to claim that any blame towards them is racist.

What about the WHO? The leader is compromised due to his country recieving billions of needed investment from China. They claimed there was no person to person transmission and claimed travel bans were not needed (were even critical of those that did impose bans). All while praising China (see previous paragraph). Then THEY have the nerve to claim the world missed the 1st window to stop the outbreak and needed to do more.

But of course you have nothing to say about them do you? Media didn't tell you so you don't know/care.

Is there a stream of China and WHO fanbois in this thread that I was previously unaware of?

China have done some really bad s**t, and their human rights record is appalling. It's not an excuse to be racist against individual chinese people though.

The WHO totally cocked up their initial response (likely as you say due to pressure from China) and took too long to call it a pandemic, but since then they haven't done badly.

What about-ism is a poor argument strategy.

Jul 19, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Is there a stream of China and WHO fanbois in this thread that I was previously unaware of?

China have done some really bad s**t, and their human rights record is appalling. It's not an excuse to be racist against individual chinese people though.

The WHO totally cocked up their initial response (likely as you say due to pressure from China) and took too long to call it a pandemic, but since then they haven't done badly.

What about-ism is a poor argument strategy.

Where did I was racist against the Chinese people? Please link it.

I mentioned the Chinese government specifically. Xi Jinping is the dictator who heads it. I don't know him personally but I suspect he is a right campaigner.

Not what about-ism would be mentioning Trump because he didn't start this.

In this whole thread Trump has probably copped 99% of the blame yet probably me and maybe 1 or 2 other posters have even mentioned China's role. There are already posts in this thread basically comparing criticism of China's role akin to racism. The CCP isn't a race. Its a totalitarium thug government who literally kills dissidents, falsifies records, has entire departments dedicted to propaganda and is highly corrupt and non transparent.

Yet there are people in this thread who defend them.

When this happens again (and it will because China will not close those Wet markets) who will be blamed then?

Last edited:

Capriati

Club Legend
Aug 25, 2019
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast

That's not a great deal for the AFL.

Salary cap is 12.7 million annually per club.

Player wages for the next two months will still be 19 million bucks with no revenue coming in.

AFL would want to hope that games resume in June and crowds come back in July.

Feb 5, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Coast (AFLW)

I mentioned the Chinese government specifically.

In this whole thread Trump has probably copped 99% of the blame yet probably me and maybe 1 or 2 other posters have even mentioned China's role. There are already posts in this thread basically comparing criticism of China's role akin to racism. The CCP isn't a race. Its a totalitarium thug government who literally kills dissidents, falsifies records, has entire departments dedicted to propaganda and is highly corrupt and non transparent.

I didn't say you were racist. My comment was more general. Being incorrectly accused of racism is a nothing thing compared to actual racism though so I'm not going to be sympathetic.

If Trump wasn't such a massive blowhard who is constantly telling everyone how great he's doing, his litany of obvious mistakes tackling this would not be gathering the attention that they are.

Avalor

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
Jakarta
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth, Donnybrook, Chelsea
Not sure reducing to 30 is possible. We have teams with injuries in the double digits.

Will have to go from a starting 18 to a starting 12 or something - more akin to soccer. I wouldn't be aghast at this as it would open the game up enormously, with a much desired free flowing game.

Jul 19, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I didn't say you were racist. My comment was more general. Being incorrectly accused of racism is a nothing thing compared to actual racism though so I'm not going to be sympathetic.

If Trump wasn't such a massive blowhard who is constantly telling everyone how great he's doing, his litany of obvious mistakes tackling this would not be gathering the attention that they are.

So your point is Trump is a loudmouth so its okay for us to blame him and ignore China's maliciousness?

This is why this will happen again and who the US president is will be irrelevant to that.

Feb 5, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Coast (AFLW)
So your point is Trump is a loudmouth so its okay for us to blame him and ignore China's malciousness?

This is why this will happen again.

What China does has no effect on Trump's malicious incompetence in handling the crisis, so yeah...if people want to ignore China and pile on Trump that's fine. If you want to ignore Trump and pile on China that's fine, as long as you don't get all racist about it.

Seriously...Trump is an avatar of unlikable human characteristics...why do you care if he cops heat?

Jul 19, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
What China does has no effect on Trump's malicious incompetence in handling the crisis, so yeah...if people want to ignore China and pile on Trump that's fine. If you want to ignore Trump and pile on China that's fine, as long as you don't get all racist about it.

Seriously...Trump is an avatar of unlikable human characteristics...why do you care if he cops heat?

Because Trump may be unlikeable he didn't charge doctors for warning about the virus:

Destroy evidence about Covid 19:

Hell read all about it:

Its a WSJ article and this gets around paywall.

Yet who even mentions them? kane249 avoid it like the plague.

People just ignore it all because there is no minimal media coverage.

Then there is the WHO:

Jesus ******* Christ.

Last edited:

Seadog

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 16, 2004
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, West Ham
Of course he wanted too. Whats wrong with expressing desire? People were carrying on as if he would.

Then you have the media being critical for Trump being too hopefull in his press conferences.

If he is a fool to be where he is in the world what does that make everyone who isn't a billionaire president married to a model?
If not being a dodgy real estate developer who has sent 6 companies bankrupt, a pathological liar, having 5 kids to 3 different wives, being fined 25 million dollars for running a fraudulent university and being accused of numerous sex crimes and confessing as much on camera makes me a fool, I'll wear it.

Seadog

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 16, 2004
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, West Ham
Shut up! Don't if you care about Covid 19?! If you don't support us then you for the virus and will be death of us all!!!!!!!!!!

Stop questioning and just obey dammit!

Don't forget your daily thanking of the amazing work of the CCP in China. They are so amazing I wish we had a Communist totalitarian government here. They would take of care of all those nasty disenting opinions that destabilize the order of society.
China being a vicious totalitarian regime who falsifies and censors information doesn't make Trump any less of a dickhead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Woobla Stainz

Premiership Player
Apr 2, 2014
Perth NOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Real Madrid

I mentioned the Chinese government specifically. Xi Jinping is the dictator who heads it. I don't know him personally but I suspect he is a right campaigner.

When this happens again (and it will because China will not close those Wet markets) who will be blamed then?
There is already another disease that originated in China spreading the globe that the CCP have successfully covered up for 5+ years. It likely started in the same kind of markets.

The BBC even went to china to investigate it but was fed propaganda.

May 8, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Can't people go 5 minutes without citing Trump? Yeah hes a buffoon but who the * cares, its like people have lost their damn minds over this guy and take everything he does personally. Like its some sort of mind virus that makes people go crazy when his name is muttered (on both sides). Let the damn Yanks deal with him, after all they voted for it.

Because Trump may be unlikeable he didn't charge doctors for warning about the virus:

Destroy evidence about Covid 19:

Hell read all about it:

Its a WSJ article and this gets around paywall.

Yet who even mentions them? kane249 avoid it like the plague.

People just ignore it all because there is no minimal media coverage.

Then there is the WHO:

Jesus ******* Christ.

Who's avoiding it? Stop talking bullshit

Did China cover up the initial break out? Yes
Could we have avoided being where we are today if they had come out earlier with this? yes

China being incompetent in the build up doesn't exclude Trump from being incompetent now with how he is dealing with it.

Now is not the time to point fingers and blame, now is the time time act and contain the spread of this disease as much as possible. There will be plenty of time to ascertain blame at the end of this once we are through it of which I'm sure China will cop plenty for it.

Sounds like you tin foil MAGA hat is getting a bit tight for you.

Jul 19, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Who's avoiding it? Stop talking bullshit

Did China cover up the initial break out? Yes
Could we have avoided being where we are today if they had come out earlier with this? yes

China being incompetent in the build up doesn't exclude Trump from being incompetent now with how he is dealing with it.

Now is not the time to point fingers and blame, now is the time time act and contain the spread of this disease as much as possible. There will be plenty of time to ascertain blame at the end of this ones we are through it of which I'm sure China will cop plenty for it.

Sounds like you tin foil MAGA hat is getting a bit tight for you.

Oh look who popped up!

Didn't say it excused Trump. But when I look at it from a global level currently and into the future I can tell you which one I am more concerned about.

Trump may cause problems for the US but China is creating problems for the entire world.

One of those we are encouraged to criticise the other gets swept under the carpet.

Honest question: after all this is over do you think China will shut those wet markets down?

Oh look who popped up!

Didn't say it excused Trump. But when I look at it from a global level currently and into the future I can tell you which one I am more concerned about.

Trump may cause problems for the US but China is creating problems for the entire world.

One of those we are encouraged to criticise the other gets swept under the carpet.

Honest question: after all this is over do you think China will shut those wet markets down?

Popped up, you tagged me in your post. What did you expect was going to happen exactly?

Again how about we worry about the blame game and dragging China over the coals later, lets make sure the highly contagious virus that's currently doing the rounds gets contained first. With the death rate that's expected on this I don't see China getting a free pass on this one, but those are talks for a later day.

May 8, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Thread got real yikes real quick
It was always going to end in a political mess. I'd much rather it be a heated discussion on our particular issues here in Australia, but Trump is so divisive it has people that arent even US citizens almost killing each other. Even Eagles supporters that probably have more in common than not. * me, turn off the MSM and just find your own info about whats going on because they dont ******* help and all they do is spew garbage that has us at each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back