Analysis Coronavirus - The Impact

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
The reason why people are thinking about the economy in addition to infection rates:

That spike 5-6 times the highest spikes during recession in the last 50 years.

We are talking Great Depression levels.

We may well survive Covid 19 and only to die from the economic fallout.

I might get shot by the border police just going to work next week.

1585316151753.png

Jul 19, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
My last bit of bad news for the night:

On the brink of a profound economic crisis, China is pushing to restore normalcy to the country, and has scheduled the reopening of communications in Wuhan on April 8. A sign of this "normality" is the collection of urns by relatives in preparation for the feast of Qingming, on April 4th, when the tombs of the deceased are honored.

Another "funeral hall" in Wuchang (another Wuhan neighborhood) has announced that family members can come to collect the urns with ashes from 23 March. The Funeral Parlor plans to distribute 500 per day, up to Qingming. This means around 6500 urns throughout this period.

Wuhan has seven Funeral Parlors: if it is calculated that each of them will distribute urns at the same rate as the one in Wuchang, it adds up to an estimated 45,500 urns for the city of Wuhan alone.

Crematoriums working 19 hours a day, perfectly normal.

Only 3298 deaths (in all of China no less) though.

swannies

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Armchair Endzone Minor Comp Winner Armchair Endzone Participant
Oct 27, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Everton
GOOD GOD MAN! How have you been?? Besides the bacteria concerns....
I've been good thanks Biggie. Had my hands full at work with a few issues, including staff, yet again, so been in overdrive for about 6 months. And then COVID-19 appears and my staff say, gotta say, it's been a wild ride this week. Haven't seen anything busier, ever, really.
To be honest I've missed the boards and the posters and now it looks like it's going to be taken away for a while. Any real activity that is. :(
I'm currently trying to work out ways to get around the inter regional travel, because i need to go country for work a fair bit lately. But I'm sure I'll find the right authorities eventually and do it by the books. :)

ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
As far as I know, the guy whose house I've bought was planning to jump into his huge camper caravan and piss everything off to Busselton. He has one huge dilemma now if he hasn't sorted out the paperwork to get there

Updated info on ibuprofen in links below.

I’d read it potentially has a negative impact on treatment of covid-19, but WHO says there’s no evidence of that and it is safe to use to help manage symptoms.

Edit: article from the BBC recommends going with paracetamol just in case.

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Everton FC
As of now China has banned the sale of live animals at the wet markets after Corona, whether that's actually happened or will continue into the future who knows. They have been in Chinese culture for generations, getting them to change overnight won't be easy.
The ‘exotic’ meats in wet markets have only been around since the 70’s when they were encouraged by the government, due to the famine.
You would think getting ride of exotic meats would be easier to change

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 21, 2004
Adel - SA - Aust - Earth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Norwood & Liverpool.
Love cricket but just imagine a Boxing day AFL Grand Final ...the AFL commission would love that and could happen .
Yes and Trump is all over the place but who isn't right now and China never been there and I'm never going either .
Wouldn't be at the G though so would lose all its glamour

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Might have to head to the PC to clean up this thread ....I’m just willing in this current climate.

So I ask, please, for the love of all that is good and might - move the Trump talk elsewhere people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back