Analysis Coronavirus - The Impact

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Curve...what curve? We seem to be on the same trajectory as the others unless it flattens soon..
However in the article below..
"A Sydney doctor says it is too late to prevent a surge of critically-ill COVID-19 patients in Australia, warning there could be 10,000 cases of the virus next week..."

90470619_10157821168380395_4854772182309404672_n.jpg

View attachment 845656
This is not a parody. How the fu** do we have idiots like this in the media?
Every day I just marvel at the level of stupidity that is on this planet. I honestly can’t get my head around how many sheep there are that just don’t think for themselves and how plain dumb some people can be.. and then some of those people somehow find themselves in positions of power or positions that voice their opinion.

I really can’t say the way this whole debacle has planned out is a shock, you just knew we’d have no hope of containment in a society like this. The latest cruise ships are a prime example.. I mean, how cooked do you need to honestly be where that’s a good idea in any scenario. It’s been the same the entire way through and people are only now starting to wake up to what’s going on, but the horse bolted a long time ago.

If there is one quote that has held true over the years it has certainly been

"Think about how dumb the average person is, and then realise half the population is dumber than that"

There are still people who think this is just the flu, and until literally either they, or an immediate family member is the one on a ventilator, they won't care, because they literally can't comprehend the scale of what is happening, or pattern match with other countries what is going to happen next.

There is basically no way we can reduce the spread for the next 3 weeks below 20% a day given how fast it spreads without symptoms, and it will be very bad two weeks from now.

Good video and read but classic channel 9 clickbait headline of "Coronavirus must run its course" making it sound like he wants to go for the herd immunity option as opposed to the reality of "we might all get sick, lets try not all get sick at the same time"
All about flattening the curve so we can cope.

It would be nice not to have to go the Spanish route, where doctors are now having to flat out deny the use of respirators to patients over a certain age.
It's a delicate balance everyone has to do their part, if we can keep it below the health systems capacity we should be ok, just means it will last a fair while.

It's a delicate balance everyone has to do their part, if we can keep it below the health systems capacity we should be ok, just means it will last a fair while.
And the risk is none of us will have jobs.

There are no easy decisions here

View attachment 845656
This is not a parody. How the fu** do we have idiots like this in the media?
Classic example of taking something with a factual background and just leaping to some farcical destination.

Yes, coronavirus does go from bats to humans via another species (SARS - Bats>>>Civets>>>>Humans, MERS - Bats>>>>Camels>>>>Humans, C-19 (likely but TBC Bats>>>>Pangolins>>>>Humans)), but to leap to the 'lets blame the greenies, kill all the bats', is an incredible leap.

I don't know either way, but the more I look at it, the more I think 'this must be a p*ss take, surely no-one is this dumb?'. If it's not, then 100% with you, how can this person breathe and do anything else at the same time?

Every day I just marvel at the level of stupidity that is on this planet. I honestly can’t get my head around how many sheep there are that just don’t think for themselves and how plain dumb some people can be.. and then some of those people somehow find themselves in positions of power or positions that voice their opinion.

Absolutely.

I live in a little village in the Peak District National Park in the UK. Last week was fine. We all made sure everyone else was ok and had what was needed to get by. We set up a support and assistance group and basically hunkered down.
This weekend was bedlam. It was visitors like the busiest days of mid summer holidays. All the museums and cinemas and football shut and too many people in the parks in Manchester and Sheffield and Birmingham, so let's all go the country.

We are absolutely dependent on our little village shop to get deliveries in that we can sensibly buy as required. If some d***head infects our store because they wanted to get out of the city for a day, we are stuffed.

It's the same at other National Parks as well. Snowdonia had the busiest day on record...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is from a month and a half ago and it scary how much its escalated. They don't even talk about Italy.

Don't get me wrong, its clearly right in content, but whoever wrote the headline is an idiot

"Expert says Coronavirus must "run its course""

That is a bullshit out of context headline.
Sadly the mainstream media live off numbers, thus the more hysteria the better. The more shock and fear they can generate the better. The more you can cause distress the better. They are in a contest for our immediate attention. Calm data doesn't attract immediate attention. This only serves to hides or badly distorts information that will support and help people. They are little more than leppers.

Big queue already forming at my local Centrelink. Looks like the "do it online" message was a dud.
People don't want to listen - I hope they are 1.5m apart. I have no problems with MyGov - not immediate but thats life.
Perhaps standing in line for hours with Centerlink on reduced face to face staff - for health reasons - but employing 5000 extra call center staff - will give people time to contemplate their context.

Hai gaiz :raisinghand:

Just dumped $750+ on some scraped together gym gear (slam balls, dumbbells, kettle bells, weighted bag and battle rope) to use in circuits down the park.

Unfortunately gym equipment and gaming consoles are the new toilet paper, so there's none left.

Good, considering i just bought Doom Eternal (amazing) and Star Wars yesterday so i at least beat that rush without any dramas.

Minor positive: NSW had 136 cases yesterday and 114 today.
And Victoria also slightly down

However there may be a further update through the day - 2 updates may be the way forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back