Analysis Coronavirus - The Impact

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has the virus been around long enough for us to know whether it has reached the community? 2 week incubation period for those who have returned home, followed by another 2 week period for any signs and symptoms from the community. Possibly 4 weeks from first arrivals.

Possibly not. As others have said the next two weeks will tell the story.

I have absolutely ZERO faith in beating the virus by the public adhering to the guidelines/restrictions set out by the Australian Health Organisations and Government.

Zero.

After maintaining a good 3m from the handful of people in the office today, skipping public transport, minimising contact from everyone...

I went down to grab some groceries and it was a total nightmare. Any distance I put between myself and people in Woollies was ignored. People have no ******* clue.

If I get Corona, I'm blaming it on that trip. I feel dirtier having gone anywhere.

It felt like someone was licking my ear the entire time I was in there. No spacial awareness and respect for social distancing from customers whatsoever.

Same in Coles and the rest of Whitfords Westfield. Mullalooo Beach is PACKED with imbeciles running around playing, tackling, family's watching the sunset etc etc..

Zero faith 😷👎
Police need to get involved if there are dickheads packing out Mullaloo. Disgusting behaviour that resembles the Bondi beach debacle.

I have absolutely ZERO faith in beating the virus by the public adhering to the guidelines/restrictions set out by the Australian Health Organisations and Government.

Zero.

After maintaining a good 3m from the handful of people in the office today, skipping public transport, minimising contact from everyone...

I went down to grab some groceries and it was a total nightmare. Any distance I put between myself and people in Woollies was ignored. People have no ******* clue.

If I get Corona, I'm blaming it on that trip. I feel dirtier having gone anywhere.

It felt like someone was licking my ear the entire time I was in there. No spacial awareness and respect for social distancing from customers whatsoever.

Same in Coles and the rest of Whitfords Westfield. Mullalooo Beach is PACKED with imbeciles running around playing, tackling, family's watching the sunset etc etc..

Zero faith
Did you tell them to back off?

Businesses need to do a better job of managing this as our society has devolved into a bunch of social *s who can't communicate.

my question is this : are we even testing the community? From what I have read, we are only testing those who have come back from overseas or those who are around someone who has. So how the hell can it be a ' good sign ' if they don't actually know??
Someone please enlighten me as from my perspective they have nfi what community spread has occurred!
I remain similarly highly skeptical of the case numbers for the same reason.
The latest health.wa.gov.au advice is as follows
COVID clinics
Who should attend?

People will only be tested if they have fever and/or respiratory symptoms such as shortness of breath, cough or sore throat AND documented evidence of:
  • overseas travel in the last 14 days (provide boarding pass or flight booking or airline bag tag with name and date of travel) OR
  • close contact of a confirmed COVID-19 case (provide name of case)

If I thought the published case numbers were a good reflection of reality then I would be relatively optimistic about how we're going, but unfortunately I don't.

covid-19.jpg

Stupid question coming up, but do we not want it to be spreading somewhat so that some of the population builds up an immunity for the virus? What happens if we lock everyone down too early, eliminate the virus and then open back to the world, aren't we just going to kick the can down the road a few months and then go through all this again?

That is a potential risk, one that in particularly the UK government presented as a reason for hesitancy of its initial response.

It also raises questions about freedom of movement after this crisis has been addressed.

The other fundamental piece is what kind of immunity is conferred after recovery - which is still unknown at this point in time.

If the immunity is considerable (10+ years), containment and gradual build-up of herd immunity may be a beneficial way forward, with vaccines provided to groups with the highest risk.

On the other hand, if the immunity provided only lasts a short period of time (3 or less years) mass vaccinations of the entire population will become an ongoing annual requirement in order to avoid further shutdowns and economic disruptions.

Zero.

Zero faith 😷👎

Agree, the only way to manage "shelter at home" is to get both the police and army on the streets and get it into people's heads that this is serious.

Watched 2 young women belting the s**t out of each other on the midland traino platform today. Social distancing? Not a single fu** was given by those 2, however the security guard kept the appropriate 1.5 metres from them.

If you're in Midland, COVID-19 is the least of your concerns.

I notice folks with cold sores are pretty blasé. "everybody gets them" they blather.
No campaigner. Not every gets them and I don't intend to start.

People are total arse in most instances.

Somehow my one year old contracted the cold sore virus (probably some little s**t drinking from his waterbottle) it was the worst 3 weeks of my wife and my life. The poor kid had coldsores the size of 50cent coins on the inside of his mouth and all down his mouth and cheeks. We didn't sleep for 2 weeks it felt like.
Since then we found out it's actually deady to newborns and can cause blindness.

Zero.

Zero faith 😷👎
Yeah i went early this morning and it was a nightmare. People coughing, not caring about the demarcation lines at the checkout, women with their kids chatting in small groups. * these people.

Watched 2 young women belting the s**t out of each other on the midland traino platform today. Social distancing? Not a single fu** was given by those 2, however the security guard kept the appropriate 1.5 metres from them.
I'd be more surprised if you told me you were at the midland traino and there wasn't a fight

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah i went early this morning and it was a nightmare. People coughing, not caring about the demarcation lines at the checkout, women with their kids chatting in small groups. fu** these people.
A customer on monday coughed in his hands and had the audacity to hand me his cash without washing his hand.

It's unlikely as the worst impacts of COVID-19 are caused by rapid onset viral pneumonia, which leads to Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS). These patients are generally at risk of drowning in their own lungs well before a secondary bacterial infection can establish itself.

That is of course not to say that there is no place for antibiotic treatments in such patients - just that I would not expect it to reduce the rate of hospitalisations.
Ahh okay thanks for clearing that up as a video posted earlier in this thread mentioned it was the secondary bacterial lung infections causing the pneumonia.

Would be alot easier to control if that was the case i suppose.

Yeah i went early this morning and it was a nightmare. People coughing, not caring about the demarcation lines at the checkout, women with their kids chatting in small groups. fu** these people.
These are the people that need to get it (not necessarily die from it because that’s a bit dark), but maybe if it was a bit closer to home they’d actually take things a little more seriously and not be so complacent, not just now but going forward. People just live in their own little bubble and think it doesnt apply to them and they can continue living their life because it’s “someone else that gets it” and “someone else that dies from it”. You look at the positive tests and deaths and they’re just ticking numbers, but what if it was someone you loved who was struggling?

I’ll admit I was a little guilty of similar thinking early on when it was just starting out. “Ahh see it only kills 70 year olds” then you sit down and think, hang on a second there’s plenty of 70 year olds in my life that I love and care about that I wouldn’t want getting this. That was back when it hadn’t really arrived here which is probably similar to a lot of other people.

These dickheads in the shopping centres and on the beach are still stuck in that mindset but the virus is now here and it’s very real. Like it’s just a discussion topic or something that will be gone next week.. and it probably would be gone soon, if you did as you’re ******* told. We’d be one of the first places wiped out if anything came through with a 50%+ mortality rate.

/rant

Autocorrect Goddaddy32

Word of warning Vishy............... be very careful who you show disrespect to......... often has a bad ending.

download-7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back