Analysis Coronavirus - The Impact

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Careful - ABC reporting this email is a fake. Not sure gargling hydrogen peroxide is a good idea...
All good! Had just read it 2 minutes before! Easy to read it and believe it...
Yes, there were many points in there that were practical or common sense, but maybe not everyone would think of doing. Interesting that it was sent by my nurse/sister-in-law from Qld. and it was supposedly fake or incorrect news - so even a nurse is fooled by fake news? Anyway I've taken it down and here is the official Health Dept Advice, which doesn't go into as much detail on personal hygiene or prevention? (if not already posted on here?)

Is it crowded though? At the peak of summer, I can usually maintain 1.5m distance from everyone. It's also a lot harder to catch the virus outdoors and then place is bathed in UV light, so it wont survive on surfaces. We are blessed to have a lot of beach and very low population density.

P.S. no, I didn't go to the beach yesterday, I wish I did because it was so hot.
I dunno, I didn't go down the beach to find out, I don't think 1.5m is a save all and a beach full of people 1.5m apart is still a lot of people and at some point you have to move between them. You make some good points but I'm still not going to a crowded beach.

Is it true they’re installing cameras on the road in preparation for lockdown? We’re getting into some real 1984 territory now. Big Brother is on its way.

I'm thinking it's heading more towards V for Vendetta with the US about to be devastated by disease. Only difference is that England doesn't seem to be Prevailing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it true they’re installing cameras on the road in preparation for lockdown? We’re getting into some real 1984 territory now. Big Brother is on its way.
Yeah not far off. Have you seen the drones they are using? End of privacy as we know it and we are asking for it. We all want this stuff to fight the virus but it will be here to stay.

Police have been installing those cameras for 2 years . Number plate recognition is already in place .
Facial recognition is already in place but still not working consistently

One of my tradie mates got told yesterday to prepare his site for lockdown today.

Another mate who is in healthcare is telling me midnight tonight will be the start of a lockdown.

They didn’t tell me their sources though so I don’t know how true that is.

What site do you know? Residential or commercial? We've just got a letter from a builder saying full steam ahead but they will be very strict on social distancing and hygiene and anyone not complying will be deemed in breach of safety (big issue on commercial sites) and booted off site.

What site do you know? Residential or commercial? We've just got a letter from a builder saying full steam ahead but they will be very strict on social distancing and hygiene and anyone not complying will be deemed in breach of safety (big issue on commercial sites) and booted off site.

I work on the design side of commercial building and everything for us has been full steam ahead also.

Residential so it could just be the owner not wanting to take any risk.

I work on the design side of commercial building and everything for us has been full steam ahead also.
Im in research which hasnt stopped, most things are online these days anyway (except for some of the specialized equipment we use). I suspect when all this is over though there wont be any money in the sector im in because the economy will be shot (for a while anyway)

Surely they have to give us a warning for a lockdown? IE we will be doing it in the next 24 hours.

We are still working from the office in the city but im not waiting and taking all my stuff home this afternoon.
The government pattern so far is to announce things Sunday night giving people Monday to prepare then impleament on Monday midnight

You do get fined...they're compulsory. As I said...minor quibble :)

Yes, in Qld they are - I found out the hard way after moving here.

It is completely reckless these elections are still going ahead.

Demand for postal votes (which closed two weeks ago) crashed the application site and many ended up missing out entirely.

Early voting booths have been packed from what I am hearing as well.

You're probably looking at a million people throughout the state being funnelled in groups into small, shared spaces...

Oh, but you are allowed to bring your own pencil... :think:

Qld living up to its reputation once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back