News Coronavirus Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If films like Jaws, Dante's Peak, The Poseidon Adventure and Volcano have taught us anything at all, it is that decision makers will take the pleas of businesses to not impact on their revenue ahead of experts warning of the risks to people's lives.

We're gonna need a bigger stash of toilet paper...

Looting and gun related violence in America won't be a problem at all with the increasing hysteria either

If only we were living in the "land of the free & the home of the brave" :thumbsu:

My sisters immune system has been shot since having chemo for stem cell treatment for MS (didn’t work). She’s a nurse for a living. I worry about her with stuff like this.
The advise I gave her yesterday was to be extremely careful at the moment.

You need to do the same.

Will it take a while for it to recover? Sounds like a good time for paid leave if she is a permanent. Hopefully she stays safe.

Cheers lads, we'll just stay pretty housebound, order everything online, etc.

The worry is Mum. 85, multiple health related issues and a son that has to attend hospital every two months who is already f’ed healthwise to get more white cell killing drugs into his system.

I'm just not gonna think about it too much.

Blows eh?

25 years and counting for me.

You folks take care of yourselves.

You too mate. Maybe we'll still have the mighty Roos to keep ya mind a bit busier mate (unless the AFL cancel the bloody season)

Just listened to the JRE episode with the infectious disease expert and at the moment it sounds like the best advice is to try and keep healthy. Eat and sleep well. Don't binge drink or do any other things that leave you feeling run down.

I watched that also, most of the advice given was pretty common sense. Those most likely to be infected are those over 55, obesity, smokers who've smoked for around 20 years, and generally unhealthy people who live unhealthy lifestyles everyday.

He pegged the same amount of time as I did for things to blow over, at least 3-6 months.

It could well tip a massive overvalued equities markets into a serious crash. Wall Street futures already 400 points down for tomorrow opening there.

LOL if a virus out of China pops the Trump market bubble nine months out from the election.

Well, hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Who to believe, me or a certain rational genius who said the whole thing was made up hysteria to cover for the fact that the climate change hoax had worn thin?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

H5N1 mutations are as consistent as the sunrise.

The tabloid media have moved "climate change" from the number one "hype" spot and are now running full bore with this thing.

Remember to purchase the advertised products. :thumbsu:

All tabloid media hype mate, that's all it is.

All tabloid media hype mate, that's all it is.

Nothing to see here.

Reasons for entry are always the same: fever and breathing difficulties, fever and cough, respiratory failure. Radiology reports always the same: bilateral interstitial pneumonia, bilateral interstitial pneumonia, bilateral interstitial pneumonia. All to be hospitalized.

Some are already to be intubated and go to intensive care. For others it's too late... Every ventilator becomes like gold: those in operating theatres that have now suspended their non-urgent activity become intensive care beds that did not exist before.

There are no more shifts, no more hours. Social life is suspended for us. We no longer see our families for fear of infecting them. Some of us have already become infected despite the protocols.

Some of our colleagues who are infected also have infected relatives and some of their relatives are already struggling between life and death.

So be patient, you can't go to the theatre, museums or the gym. Try to have pity on the myriad of old people you could exterminate."

Chances are a lot of us already have it

Yeah I'm wondering if I've got it. Mildly sore chest atm. Dry cough for about a week.

But that is nothing unusual here at this time of year. No fever either.

And it's not so much a sore chest as a sore back. Guess I'll find out soon enough.

Im getting married in a month. The anxiety my fiancé has is getting worse and I’m trying to calm her.

This s**t is absolutely driving me insane and it’s all media.
The hype and frenzy honestly makes me question whether I should be against the virus or if it’s warranted and the first to go should be the media and the toilet paper panic buyers

Im getting married in a month. The anxiety my fiancé has is getting worse and I’m trying to calm her.

This s**t is absolutely driving me insane and it’s all media.
The hype and frenzy honestly makes me question whether I should be against the virus or if it’s warranted and the first to go should be the media and the toilet paper panic buyers

Its warranted if you plan on travelling for your honeymoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back