News Coronavirus Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
T
Any footage of people collapsing on the street like the videos out of China a couple months back?

Or was somebody playing funnybuggers?

There is footage of exactly that from Indonesia. Madrid being an advanced city would probably have people at home or in hospitals.

Is there no end to your disbelief and conspiracy mongering?

There is footage of exactly that from Indonesia. Madrid being an advanced city would probably have people at home or in hospitals.

Is there no end to your disbelief and conspiracy mongering?
Relax, friend. I want to know why we were shown all of these videos of people collapsing in the street in China when we don't see this in our day to day lives even though coronavirus is here now and thousands of people have already tested positive for it. Were those videos fake? Why would they lie about that? I don't get it.

It's probably for the best.
However if you start hating on people because of mistreatment of animals, honestly, you won't have many people left to like
There’s mistreatment then there’s cooking a dog alive in a stir fry.

I’m not an animal activist or anything. I eat and love meat. But kill whatever you’re going to eat humanely before so.

Relax, friend. I want to know why we were shown all of these videos of people collapsing in the street in China when we don't see this in our day to day lives even though coronavirus is here now and thousands of people have already tested positive for it. Were those videos fake? Why would they lie about that? I don't get it.

You are implying that either the Chinese were lying about people collapsing in the street, which is unlikely as the videos were from whistleblowers, or other governments are covering up the incidents of people collapsing in the street. You can't make your position without implying conspiracy.

There is video evidence of people collapsing in the street in Indonesia. There is video and photographic evidence along with first-hand accounts of doctors in Italy, Spain, New York, etc of people being gravely ill, only being able to breathe through ventilators, people dying and hospital systems being overwhelmed by demand.

So who is lying?

You are implying that either the Chinese were lying about people collapsing in the street, which is unlikely as the videos were from whistleblowers, or other governments are covering up the incidents of people collapsing in the street. You can't make your position without implying conspiracy.

Call it whatever you want, I'm saying there's an inconsistency here, no need to get up in arms about it.

There is video evidence of people collapsing in the street in Indonesia.

So you keep saying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yea, except that we both know Morisson is advised by Australia’s top medical associations and that some bodies don’t agree with those associations. He’s let the states do what they think is in their best interests and they too are listening to the exact same medical evidence and advice.

It’s not like old Adolf sitting at the head of the table and dismissing advice flippantly.

The Communicable Disease Network of Australia and the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee are providing advice to the Chief Medical Officers and the National Cabinet. Forget the AMA or any other associations, they don't have the specific expertise. Last week, Brendan Murphy asked the Group of Eight universities on behalf of the Minister for Health and the National Cabinet to convene an expert panel to provide advice. The majority of the 22 experts advised to go hard, go now. Here is the letter:

But that advice was ignored.

Morrison doesn't have the power to tell the states what to do or let them do what's in their best interests in many areas. The states fund and control the schools, the hospitals and their police forces. And behind closed doors, they've told him to get stuffed and they'll ramp up the measures.

people just are not getting the message, i had to go to bunnings to get a fitting for some spraying i had to do today at the property, held the barcode out clearly kept my distance and paid with contactless card in and out, there was a bloke in his 70s or 80s buying a decrotive potplant and paying with loose change he was adding up at the register on the tables that have been set up to maintain the new distancing requirements.

madness.

people just are not getting the message, i had to go to bunnings to get a fitting for some spraying i had to do today at the property, held the barcode out clearly kept my distance and paid with contactless card in and out, there was a bloke in his 70s or 80s buying a decrotive potplant and paying with loose change he was adding up at the register on the tables that have been set up to maintain the new distancing requirements.

madness.
I think at the aggregate level there has been a mass reduction in social interaction and adoption of distancing. Of course there are individual examples of people not paying attention.

this blokes obviousely never heard of pasturisation,

If the food chain is infected and buying stuff at the local supermarket is going to infect you then the number infected would be... 25 million.

Most of the people who have caught it are those who got it overseas and travelled, you need to be in contact with someone really close and for a while to catch it, or have the air circulated a lot with infected people in a confined space.

We do have a number of dumb-arse foreign tourists and backpackers who are probably spreading the disease, the odds of them touching the packaging of something, then putting it back and you then picking up and buying it would be fairly slim given our infection levels.

I think videos like this just make people more anxious and is more of a hindrance than help.

My wife’s auntie through marriage is an Indonesian lady and after leaving her husband and 5 kids here and returning to Indonesia because of religion died yesterday.
The doctor from Australia she used to go to at the request of her family was able to get the medical records which showed severe respiratory illness as a contributing factor among other symptoms of Caronavirus.

They will never know if it was because no autopsy was performed and she was cremated the same day because of how scared they are of this thing.

That country is rooted with this thing.

My wife’s auntie through marriage is an Indonesian lady and after leaving her husband and 5 kids here and returning to Indonesia because of religion died yesterday.
The doctor from Australia she used to go to at the request of her family was able to get the medical records which showed severe respiratory illness as a contributing factor among other symptoms of Caronavirus.

They will never know if it was because no autopsy was performed and she was cremated the same day because of how scared they are of this thing.

Muslim tradition you are buried before sunset that day or the next.

Spent alot of time in Jakarta and got friends there. Not hearing good news sadly.

Zero tests, zero coronavirus. Talk about sticking your head in the sand.

The time to act was actually a month ago, two months ago. … but we still believe there is opportunity,

At some point in the future something incredibly similar will be said by climate experts once we've breached some sort of tipping point there.

good old religion hey, the gift that just keeps giving. :-(

The Communicable Disease Network of Australia and the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee are providing advice to the Chief Medical Officers and the National Cabinet. Forget the AMA or any other associations, they don't have the specific expertise. Last week, Brendan Murphy asked the Group of Eight universities on behalf of the Minister for Health and the National Cabinet to convene an expert panel to provide advice. The majority of the 22 experts advised to go hard, go now. Here is the letter:

But that advice was ignored.

Morrison doesn't have the power to tell the states what to do or let them do what's in their best interests in many areas. The states fund and control the schools, the hospitals and their police forces. And behind closed doors, they've told him to get stuffed and they'll ramp up the measures.

Going to have to, respectively, disagree.

Wasn't ignored at all, it was seriously weighed up and considered. It was the lack of wider consensus and long-term sustainability in some of the measures that made Murphy put the wider lockdown on hold. Some of those measures were put in place anyway, i.e. skeleton schools (keep them open for critical worker kids only).

This is why I said he's letting them do what is in their best interests, which the PM has stated since the start of the mess.

Your last sentence is unproven media and internet gossip. Even if it is true, who gives a s**t. It is the state's resources, it's up to them to manage them dependent on their unique needs in an ever-evolving situation. I'm sure we'll progress to a lockdown sooner rather than later, but as Professor Kapur stated:

Professor Kapur said people could not be complacent and he was comfortable with a much stronger lockdown but it should also be recognised that Australia was showing low infection rates, high testing rates, low fatality rates and still relatively few cases from local community transition.

"We should in no way be complacent but I don't think we should throw stones at a system that has managed to achieve these statistics," he said.

Last edited:

madness.

Was his wife/partner there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back