News Coronavirus Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The death rate as a percentage of confirmed cases is at 0.425%, which might suggest that the ICU departments are doing a pretty fair job. However I suspect the death rate is lagging a little as opposed to the number of confirmed cases, partly because the number of confirmed cases is tracking down and also because like many illnesses, some people take longer to recover or succumb.

Nevertheless I think it is reasonable to think that the ICU people are doing a very good job.
There are currently very few corona virus patients in hospitals in Australia, let alone ICUs. Under 20 in ICUs.

Not for me either. It must be a throwback to the early 1900’s when cruise ships were the s**t.
Never been on a cruise, but I would guess it could be a lot of fun if you have the right people around you to drink with, kids in the kids club, and some nice destinations to visit along the way.

Premier Daniel Andrews announces $1.3b injection to establish extra 4000 ICU beds in Victoria to fight coronavirus
Guess that means no more money for Kardinia Park redevelopments for the next few years :)

Never been on a cruise, but I would guess it could be a lot of fun if you have the right people around you to drink with, kids in the kids club, and some nice destinations to visit along the way.
It is, but it is definitely suited to those without kids at home and have a bit of money to piss away.

It is, but it is definitely suited to those without kids at home and have a bit of money to piss away.
I've been told it's actually pretty cheap. You can get a good room for around 2-3k which includes food. If you manage to smuggle some booze on board as well, it's far cheaper than Bali or Thailand or even Queensland.

In any event, cruising industry is probably in the s**t for good 2-3 years, as while there are any remaining infections in the world, nobody will contemplate cruising.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interested to get the thoughts on why the CFMEU hasn't shut down works given the current situation. They send there members home if it starts to rain or if the temperature exceeds 35 degrees. Yet a pandemic that has over 1 billion people in lock down doesn't suffice?

Till there’s a gastro breakout, or any virus, then you’re in trouble.

From what I have been told is that everyone just sits around eating and drinking every day.

Sure is thanks mate. We are living our best life thanks 😀

Actually we don’t do much anymore so it kind of feels like everyone has been brought down to our level

There's a bit of that going on. Turns out the shut-ins have really just been 'prepping' all along.

Reminds me of this tweet....

coronavirus-quarantine-jokes-memes-33-5e7df0d5f29a4__700.jpg

Interested to get the thoughts on why the CFMEU hasn't shut down works given the current situation. They send there members home if it starts to rain or if the temperature exceeds 35 degrees. Yet a pandemic that has over 1 billion people in lock down doesn't suffice?
I think, and just a guess, the tradies wants to keep working, they might not get paid unlike rain or hot days.

In any event, cruising industry is probably in the s**t for good 2-3 years, as while there are any remaining infections in the world, nobody will contemplate cruising.
My in-laws went on a cruise in Europe last year. She was showing us around using Facetime when her voice was drowned out by the captain announcing various measures to contain a novovirus thaty had got on board in Barcelona. Nothing like this one for infection or impact, thank god, but everyone on board seemed to just accept it as a fact of life and my folks didn't say it affected their enjoyment at all. Cherry on top of the hideousness from our perspective, but it was a glimpse into how other people saw the world on board those things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back