News Coronavirus Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds a bit like you and Greta.

POT!!!

Actually, she is the billboard for people who are attempting to pollute science, which is a much greater threat to civilisation than someone like Trump.

However, I can acknowledge how you would think that you just formulated one of the most massive "zinger" comebacks of your entire life. Well done. :thumbsu:

outside of NSW numbers are going really well. Anyone know why NSW not giving “recovered” numbers?

In Vic it’s been 3 consecutive days of fewer active cases out there (with more people recovering each day than new cases)

Keep pushing in this direction and within a few weeks we might see some loosening of the reins

outside of NSW numbers are going really well. Anyone know why NSW not giving “recovered” numbers?

In Vic it’s been 3 consecutive days of fewer active cases out there (with more people recovering each day than new cases)

Keep pushing in this direction and within a few weeks we might see some loosening of the reins

I think Qld just had a jump mate. However, Vic is very good, so credit to Andrews for the part he has played.

The recovered stats are being collected for some reason.

It has been disappointing to read the comments on that tweet. Some people are suggesting that the lower test rates are a deliberate attempt to make the government look good by lowering the number of identified cases.

Social media is a cesspit.

Interesting there’s a lot of Trump death “jokes”, but nothing on the Italian, Spanish, French leaders?

not as cool?

Marcon hasn't authorised any nuclear testing in the Pacific for a while, Joe the campaigner has a cool name and Sanchez is actually making a lot of sense right now, especially in the last few hours.

Unlike that Orange twat who never shuts up and never says anything worth listening to.

It has been disappointing to read the comments on that tweet. Some people are suggesting that the lower test rates are a deliberate attempt to make the government look good by lowering the number of identified cases.

They're just ignorant people trying to find reason in a relatively obscure & confusing situation.

Interesting there’s a lot of Trump death “jokes”, but nothing on the Italian, Spanish, French leaders?

not as cool?
None of them have responded to Covid19 with quite the same mix of incompetence, malignant narcissism, chronic dishonesty, science denial, partisan division, and pettiness as Trump. would any of them think for one second that a press conference to discuss a pandemic that is killing thousands of their citizens and forecast to kill thousands more is the appropriate platform to boast about TV ratings or trending on Facebook?

It's amazing how thin-skinned the Trumpists are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would say that lower test numbers are a function of fewer people meeting the threshold to be tested based on the current approach. Time to expand the approach to include randomised public testing starting in hotspots and working out from there.

I would say that lower test numbers are a function of fewer people meeting the threshold to be tested based on the current approach. Time to expand the approach to include randomised public testing starting in hotspots and working out from there.
I know that WA has widened its criteria a little while back.

I wonder how long beyond that it will take the authorities to reopen international travel? A long time I suspect.
Obviously with international travel, you need other countries to be happy to let you in, and for us to be comfortable in your safe return. I suspect it will take up to two years for that to get back to normal. That's not to say that no international travel will be possible before that. A mate of mine left to Japan on business two weeks ago, and it was still possible. But it could be a while before he can come back.

I would rather we kept the border closed for longer, if it means relaxing the lockdown internally, as the economy needs to wake up sooner rather than later.

None of them have responded to Covid19 with quite the same mix of incompetence, malignant narcissism, chronic dishonesty, science denial, partisan division, and pettiness as Trump. would any of them think for one second that a press conference to discuss a pandemic that is killing thousands of their citizens and forecast to kill thousands more is the appropriate platform to boast about TV ratings or trending on Facebook?

Particularly when those inactions have tangible impact here. He needs to be out of that role.

So getting ahead of myself, but if we stay the course this should mean footy can potentially restart in July/August?

Obviously no crowds and players and staff temp tested on arrival to training and games?

Which of them held meetings about their response to the virus that were classified and as a result shut out most of the scientific experts from giving input or being able to access what happened in the meetings.

Has anyone ever listened to Year Zero by NIN?

I wouldn't put it past Trump (or Pence when Trumps gets Covided out) to push the "escaped from a Chinese lab doing gain of function research" line and run a campaign along the lines of "let's burn down the observatory so this'll never happen again." The US could take its rightful place on the world stage as the fundy theocracy the Puritans dreamed of all those centuries ago.

I’m far from a Trumpist, but I find it interesting he’s the only one that cops grief.

The Turkish leader was a week or two ago saying he didn’t believe in the virus and had no concerns. The now have 27,000 infected and 570 deaths...

tumbleweeds.gif

So getting ahead of myself, but if we stay the course this should mean footy can potentially restart in July/August?

Obviously no crowds and players and staff temp tested on arrival to training and games?

1) Yes.
2) Maybe, maybe not.

I’m far from a Trumpist, but I find it interesting he’s the only one that cops grief.

The Turkish leader was a week or two ago saying he didn’t believe in the virus and had no concerns. The now have 27,000 infected and 570 deaths...

tumbleweeds.gif

You need to study up on the way that media affects people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back