News Coronavirus Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've spent some time in Palau, only flights in and out were from Guam, Manilla, and Hong Kong at the time. Must have shut them down. I'd love to be there now instead of locked in my home office.
Have you been to Nan Madol?

If anyone comes across any official state/fed statements on the planned or actual use of community blood testing please add a link in this thread thanks. I can't find anything published lately or in older pandemic planning documents. Also, has anyone seen the "known local" source types broken down further?

I find this graph somewhat handy, the source can be seen in the pic and they seem to get this info from the vic gov ppt https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJr...2MDFmLTBmYWMtNDQ5Yy05Yzg4LWExMDRjNGViOWYyOCJ9

htyer.png

Perhaps that is why they have done this in stages, to give you weeks and weeks to swallow the bitter pill.

Had they said from the outset, 'no work, no beaches, no parties, no sports, nobody at funerals and weddings, queues at woolies and coles', people may have rebelled.

By doing it in stages, they coaxed entire nations to go along with the program.

The best part is, when somebody points this out, they are the ones who get attacked by the groupthinkers and hiveminders.

We've been conned.

Why have we been conned?

For what reason? Cui Bono?

Touche!

In his mind he is the only one enlightened enough to make political comments. The rest of us are just down the rabbit hole.

I am interested to know what Jasper Pittard thinks about it all.

Perhaps that is why they have done this in stages, to give you weeks and weeks to swallow the bitter pill.

Had they said from the outset, 'no work, no beaches, no parties, no sports, nobody at funerals and weddings, queues at woolies and coles', people may have rebelled.

The best part is, when somebody points this out, they are the ones who get attacked by the groupthinkers and hiveminders.

We've been conned.

Have you actually seen whats happening in America, Italy and Spain? or is what's happening over there just a hoax?

No one has been conned, the actions of our federal and state government has saved thousands of lives.

Keep saying it every day

The greater populace are not yet sneezing and coughing all over each other and despite sneezing in your elbow the greater populace have very poor hygiene standards.

Take one simple example...when I go to the footy in winter I always come away horrified at the amount of spitters I see, those that don’t wash their hands at toilets and then probably go pump communal sauce into their pies and touch everything else; cough and splutter in the crowd and so on.

Perhaps the Govt will fine spitters which I think once was the case.

The first week of July is the coldest in Victoria and that’s when I expect to see the bad things happening when hygiene is at its worst. Let’s have a look then where we are at.

We've been conned.

I’ve never understood how edgelords resist this conditioning.

I can't find this info, so would appreciate a link if anyone has it.

I'm on "stand down" at work, meaning i should get the $1500/fn. But I've also been applying for casual work during the lay off. If I do get some labouring or shelf stacking work, will this affect the Job Keeper payment?

I'd rather be doing something than ssitting at home, but I don't want to dud myself either.

I'm on "stand down" at work, meaning i should get the $1500/fn. But I've also been applying for casual work during the lay off. If I do get some labouring or shelf stacking work, will this affect the Job Keeper payment?

I'd rather be doing something than ssitting at home, but I don't want to dud myself either.
It depends on how much casual work you receive is the way it usually works. You have to report any additional income that you receive during this period, otherwise they'll bug you about it later on down the track.

Have you actually seen whats happening in America, Italy and Spain?
I've seen the TV news stories. I've noticed lots of editing and emotional framing.

Call me old-fashioned but I have been suspicious of the news media ever since WMDs (and then I learned about Nayirah).

When I was a child, it was common for people to be skeptical of the TV. I'm 32.

I've been told it's like having two jobs as the job keeper payment goes to your employer rather than you.

I wouldn’t be near such a thing but if they’re selling meats, fruit’n’veggies....then it probably counts as ‘essential’.

I’m not surprised.

A couple of fruit and veg shops, and the odd butcher, but on the whole its you're artisan, chai latte sipping, vegan crowd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've seen the TV news stories. I've noticed lots of editing and emotional framing.

Call me old-fashioned but I have been suspicious of the news media ever since WMDs (and then I learned about Nayirah).

I hear that this Internet thingo is :thumbsu:

For what purpose are the spooky powers shutting down the economy and society at large M2F?

How come you believed the AFL driven propaganda that we needed to relocate to the Gold Coast and advocated for it?

Time capsule post

In year 2019 a quirky 16 year old girl became the leading advocate for climate science, and the social "norm" arose whereby anyone who pointed out that the subject entailed massive levels of conceptual understanding and a multitude of complexities, that were clearly beyond the scope of intelligent adults, much less a 16 year old girl, were the one's who ended up being the targets for ridicule.

If only Bill Hicks & Douglas Adams were alive to see this.

P.S. It's time for another alt account you pissweak campaigner.

I've spent some time in Palau, only flights in and out were from Guam, Manilla, and Hong Kong at the time. Must have shut them down. I'd love to be there now instead of locked in my home office.

I did them back in '85 when Nauru Airlines still had money and was allowed to fly from Melb. Would do it again in a heartbeat.

How are we being conned? What is the point?

It's all very well to point out the obvious but why trash the worlds economy when it is an effective control system as any, especially in Western nations.

Yes I do know it as fact. Traditional Chinese Medicine is thousands of years old, and far pre-dates any of the current political climate in China. It's also used with success by practitioners all over the world.

As to our current state of grief as a collective, yes, I agree.

yes, former colleague of mine had tried to have kids for years with no success. He resigned and I was cleaning out his desk and found some Chinese medicine pills, with one of the ingredients being Rhino penis. Yes he was ingesting rhino utensil. Bet he's glad I didn't discover that when he was still a colleague. Did end up having twins, but pretty sure it was the IVF he stumped up for rather than the utensil of Rhino.

ALSo, I dunno if you remember this, but everyone knew WMDs were a lie.

UN weapons inspectors would be on Australian TV every night pointing out that there were no WMDs worthy of bothering with. That isn't happening now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back