Coronavirus Tv shows to binge.

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been watching 'Friday Night Dinner,' a daft British situation comedy which is a bit corny but lots of fun.

Mark Heap reminds me of Ryan Gardner/Gardiner

iu
If you like Mark Heap then you should definitely watch Big Train if you haven’t already. That and, of course, Brasseye. Him and Kevin Eldon are probably my two favourite sketch-comedy actors.

The Boys - superheroes that are actually bad. From Amazon prime so you need to download it. Seth Rogan one of the producers.

Kingdom - MMA version on Netflix. Old but just been rediscovered lately. Really good, lots of sex, drugs and fighting.

The Boys - superheroes that are actually bad. From Amazon prime so you need to download it. Seth Rogan one of the producers.

Kingdom - MMA version on Netflix. Old but just been rediscovered lately. Really good, lots of sex, drugs and fighting.

The Boys is fantastic.Funny, satirical and a dark allegory of corporate america.

An old trashy favourite is Suits.

Topical is House of Cards - can't remember the series but one of the later ones shows them deliberately screwing with the democratic process to win an election....sound familiar?

Cobra Kai was enjoyed by my kids and I. Starts off as a sort of Where are they now 35 yrs on for the Karate Kid but is actually a lot better than that. On Netflix.

A lesser known one of Netflix's was Bodyguard. Anything with Keeley Hawes works for me (showing my age) but this was pretty good. And on Amazon a lesser known one that I enjoyed was Startup.

For some more funny, wild, out there stuff try Magicans - Amazon and Sex Education - Netflix. Funny stuff.

Suburra (Netflix).
Italian crime series set in Rome. Its about modern-day criminal families and political corruption. Has a game of thrones vibe in terms of characters and plot.

Without having read the thread

The Wire
The Sopranos
Breaking Bad (& Better Call Saul)
Oz
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Fargo
True Detective (S1 only)
Monty Python Flying Circus
Twin Peaks (old and new)
Black Mirror
Peaky Blinders
Mad Men
Dexter
Mr. Robot
Louie
Silicon Valley
The Office (UK)

Really enjoyed Yellowstone. Not as gritty as I normally like, but the scenery and the music sucked me in.
Yellowstone is pretty good. I need to get onto s3 of it now that it's finished (I think?)

Have you watched Taylor Sheridan's other stuff fronk? Sicario his biggest but Hell or High Water and Wind River are fantastic also. Wind River especially I thought was really good. American scenery plays a big part in all his movies.

The Wire
The Sopranos
Oz
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Fargo
True Detective (S1 only)
Twin Peaks (old and new)
Black Mirror
Peaky Blinders
Mad Men
Dexter
Mr. Robot
Louie
Silicon Valley
The Office (UK)
Decent list. Obviously if anybody hasn't seen the The Wire it's a must watch ASAP.

Similar to True Detective, I thought Fargo was only good for the one season.
I'd also add Deadwood season 1 as one of the best individual seasons of TV made.

Freaks and Geeks is an underrated classic IMO, if you like coming of age type settings. Only 1 season too which makes it an easy watch.

Decent list. Obviously if anybody hasn't seen the The Wire it's a must watch ASAP.

Similar to True Detective, I thought Fargo was only good for the one season.
I'd also add Deadwood season 1 as one of the best individual seasons of TV made.

Freaks and Geeks is an underrated classic IMO, if you like coming of age type settings. Only 1 season too which makes it an easy watch.

100% correct with Fargo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yellowstone is pretty good. I need to get onto s3 of it now that it's finished (I think?)

Have you watched Taylor Sheridan's other stuff fronk? Sicario his biggest but Hell or High Water and Wind River are fantastic also. Wind River especially I thought was really good. American scenery plays a big part in all his movies.

Wind River is very under rated!

The Wire
The Sopranos
Oz
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Fargo
True Detective (S1 only)
Twin Peaks (old and new)
Black Mirror
Peaky Blinders
Mad Men
Dexter
Mr. Robot
Louie
Silicon Valley
The Office (UK)
Dexter is another series that goes on too long. If they stopped at season 4, I would genuinely have considered it one of the best tv series of all time. Season 4 in particular was just brilliant, and the ending was so good.

They then stretch it out another 4 seasons, completely destroying the idea of the main character. Wish I'd stopped instead of finishing it.

If you like Mark Heap then you should definitely watch Big Train if you haven’t already. That and, of course, Brasseye. Him and Kevin Eldon are probably my two favourite sketch-comedy actors.

I haven't watched Big Train in a while, I will revisit.

This is a forgotten gem from old mate Armando who worked on Brass Eye, In the thick of It and Veep:

All eight episodes are on youtube. Very dark and clever, almost Black Mirror-esque at times.

I don't think it was released in Australia and got overshadowed by Sep 11 when released.

90 Day Fiance

I googled this and then went through the Wikipedia summary of each episode.

It sounds like if you are a fat American divorcee who lives with his mum, you're fair game for a visa rort from Brazil

I don't need to watch it now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back