Coronavirus Tv shows to binge.

Remove this Banner Ad

surprised there's not a lot of love for letterkenny in here, perfect distraction for our current shitty times

The Chernobyl story is so intriguing and they did a really good job encompassing what happened with the plant and what soviet era Ukraine/Russia was like.
I rewatched Episode 1 last night. One of the great first eps in mini series history.

I reakon if you liked Chernobyl you'll like Unabomber. Probably not quite as good, but I loved Chernobyl and didn't think I'd get into Unabomber but really enjoyed it.

I haven't watched Big Train in a while, I will revisit.

This is a forgotten gem from old mate Armando who worked on Brass Eye, In the thick of It and Veep:

All eight episodes are on youtube. Very dark and clever, almost Black Mirror-esque at times.

I don't think it was released in Australia and got overshadowed by Sep 11 when released.

I’ve actually got it on DVD. Absolutely love it!

Yellowstone is pretty good. I need to get onto s3 of it now that it's finished (I think?)

Have you watched Taylor Sheridan's other stuff fronk? Sicario his biggest but Hell or High Water and Wind River are fantastic also. Wind River especially I thought was really good. American scenery plays a big part in all his movies.

Yeah season 3 was my fave BEaston. Really enjoyed it.

Are they movies or series? Keen to see more of his stuff.

Decent list. Obviously if anybody hasn't seen the The Wire it's a must watch ASAP.

Similar to True Detective, I thought Fargo was only good for the one season.
I'd also add Deadwood season 1 as one of the best individual seasons of TV made.

Freaks and Geeks is an underrated classic IMO, if you like coming of age type settings. Only 1 season too which makes it an easy watch.

The wire still my all time number 1. Can’t beat it.

A left field option. Transparent. Very cool. Just 25min eps. Jeffrey Tambor is great in it, if you can get past his sexual misconduct allegations.

Everybody stop what you’re doing and watch Line Of Duty. Best show I’ve seen in a looooong time. I’m ranking it alongside The Wire and Sopranos. Absolutely brilliant TV.

How good is it, just rewatched the five first series, with my partner, brilliant, brilliant show. Enjoyed them all over again.

Yeah season 3 was my fave BEaston. Really enjoyed it.

Are they movies or series? Keen to see more of his stuff.
Awesome, keen to get stuck into s3.
They are movies. A bit more gritty than Yellowstone which can have a bit of a soapie feel to it sometimes (not necessarily a bad thing). You'd like them if you like Yellowstone.

The wire still my all time number 1. Can’t beat it.

A left field option. Transparent. Very cool. Just 25min eps. Jeffrey Tambor is great in it, if you can get past his sexual misconduct allegations.
Agreed. I don't think The Wire will ever be topped IMO. It's a masterpiece.

I'd recommend The Deuce for any fans of The Wire. I'm halfway through s2 now, but it was jointly created by David Simon and one of the key writers on The Wire, George Pelecanos. While not hitting the same highs as The Wire, it has all the hallmarks of its quality. Interesting, interlinked storylines adding up to explore grander themes. Very multilayered. Heaps of actors from The Wire also.

One thing you guys should never waste time on is the Walking Dead. It was promising for a season but even thought the show was absolutely mediocre for a lot of the seasons I had to persist. I got to the beginning of Season 7, but when I saw a bloke ruling a town with a pet tiger I gave up.

Apparently the new seasons are much better, or so I've heard.
There was 1 good ep in every 5 or 6 that sucked me in to keep watching the same thing happen over and over.

The first ep of season 5 was incredible and I quit by the mid season break, because the following 6 were boring and I just had to end it.

There was 1 good ep in every 5 or 6 that sucked me in to keep watching the same thing happen over and over.

The first ep of season 5 was incredible and I quit by the mid season break, because the following 6 were boring and I just had to end it.
I enjoyed it when the Governor was introduced. Negan was hyped up to be the next thing, bigger than him as he was the big bad villain from the comics and I just found him to be boring after 2 episodes.

They just announced Season 11 will be its last. Should have ended 6 seasons ago and kept it quality over quantity, it had potential.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I started watching Dark Matter on Netflix recently with low expectations. It was surprisingly good and after completing season one I am hooked. Now rewatching season one with my partner who is now hooked as well.

Cherobyl (Foxtel) and The Staircase (Netflix). Highly recommend.

Just finished watching episode 1 of 'Chernobyl.' Well that was some fun-filled, light hearted entertainment. There were a few too many in-jokes and one liners, and I don't think it needed the laughter track.

Some in the XR crew think that nuclear energy crew will solve our climate problems. I'll pass thanks. Leave that uranium in the gound.

"Labyrinth of lies" is on SBS at the moment. Brilliant movie. WW2 didn't end in 1945.

"The lives of others" and "Goodbye Lenin" are terrific too.

Last edited:
For space sci fi fans, The Expanse excellent. It's hard sci fi too, which I prefer.

Mr Robot is a must watch. I'd definitely put it in my top 10. Season 4 is a masterpiece.

Dark is another I'd recommend. It's german, so subtitles are involved, and it can be confusing without a character map, but worth it.

Anyone watched Vikings? Started it a couple years ago, then went overseas for a bit and just never got back into the show when I returned. Considering making that my next binge watch, but don't want to get bitten like I did with Lost...

Vikings is good but drops of a little bit in season 5-6. Still worthwhile watching.

The last kingdom on the other hand gets better and better. Really starts to get good in seasons 3-4.

Vikings is good but drops of a little bit in season 5-6. Still worthwhile watching.

The last kingdom on the other hand gets better and better. Really starts to get good in seasons 3-4.
I remember sitting down with my father in law watching the first couple of episodes of Last Kingdom and thought it looked interesting, but was in the middle of a few other shows at the time so never kept going with it. Might be worth a try

I finished bingeing channel 9’s Emergency, then immediately dropped a heavy jar of pasta sauce on my foot and needed x-rays. I think my lockdown TV viewing cursed me, and as such I should not watch anything with zombies.

I remember sitting down with my father in law watching the first couple of episodes of Last Kingdom and thought it looked interesting, but was in the middle of a few other shows at the time so never kept going with it. Might be worth a try

Does cover a bit of the vikings timeline but from a different perspective and more of an English focus. Netflix picked it up for season 3 and its got better as it's gone along.

Knightfall also is pretty decent, if your into the historical epic.

"Formula one: Drive to survive" on netflix is great to watch. It shows the more cut-throat world of a ridiculously rich, performance driven sport.

There's 2 seasons of it (2018,2019) if it hasn't been mentioned already in this thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back