Conspiracy Theory Coronavirus: Origins

Thoughts on COVID-19? (Choose 2 options)

• It's a naturally occurring virus

Votes: 18 20.2%
  • It came from a Chinese laboratory

Votes: 39 43.8%
  • It came from a US/other laboratory

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • It's dangerous and harsh restrictions are necessary

Votes: 32 36.0%
  • Not dangerous enough to warrant harsh restrictions

Votes: 22 24.7%
  • It's basically another flu, so restrictions are silly

Votes: 20 22.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is it thinking for myself if I choose to believe something other than what you believe? Even if I’ve done research and come to that conclusion?

Or I’m a sheep because my research has led me to agree with people who you don’t agree with?
Like any free society you can believe what you want. Just don't impose your systems on others.
That's what the anti lockdown are arguing. Not to run around breathing in people's faces but to enjoy basic freedoms like fresh air and freedom of movement and association.
It's actually the lockdowners who are being selfish by wanting everyone to cater for them.
If you want to wear a mask social distance not travel or go outside go ahead. Just don't expect everyone to cater for your preference if it means directly imposing on them

It stopped being about health since March/April. Political games since
True and my actually looking at the figures round the world and updates. Latest is a suggestion for yellow cards to prove immunity.
Ironically with 400+ cases (estimated to be 7 X) we will end up with herd immunity by default. As lockdowns aren't working except in NZ where they jumped early.

that fatality rate is based on the CDC estimate that 10X as many Amercians have it/had it as they have cases ( 4,469,000) - so the CDC estimate 46,500,000 American have had covid

the fatality rate of 0.18 is pretty much standard flu like mortality rates and is pretty much the same as many many studies, in fact close to what world class epidemiologist John Ioannidis found back in Mar/April in California from his studies.

Well worth a listen explaining the different death rates and why some countries/cities are over represented. A logical thorough approach.

Also further shoots the Lockdown theory to s**t.

Also explains why Melbourne (it has been f ing freezin this winter) has had an outbreak to spite harsher restrictions in June/July than March and Qld is relatively untouched even with people breaking through borders etc.

Highlights: People Vitamin D deficient more likely to die of Respiratory illness
Vitamin D plays a huge role in immune response based on the way it attaches to cells.
Black populations in Sweden/US have been over represented in fatalities as melanin in their skin slows Vitamin D absorbtion (as their DNA was formed in warmer climate. Reverse effect is why white population in Qld has highest skin cancer rate in the world).
Vitamin D deficient who took supplement 50% less likely to develop respiratory issues.

Also just how easy it is to become Vit D defficient. You need 20 mins sun a day. And our lives just aren't built that way.

Also just did a goggle search on foods. Best Vitamin D foods are fish oil and fatty fish. Even thou they are f ing disgusting maybe that's why Nordic countries have them in their diet. Kind of an ancient supplement.

Also we should be outside breathing, exercising as much as possible. Not less. Especially in Winter.

Last edited:
Acceptable Deaths V Profits

Acceptable unlikely to be prevented deaths vs Quality of Life Vs Human Social and Developmental Needs vs Resource allocation vs ultimately yes who is statistically likely (not deliberately) likely to succumb to anything. Greedy profiteering conglomerates the ability of people to generate money in order to have quality of life plays a part.

And these calculations are made every ******* day of every year by politicians and all of us to a degree.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's the way the world works unfortunately > collateral damage in war time and budgets in peace time.

Nice way of putting it....We're At war with A virus.....Makes As much sense As the war on Terror I suppose.

Wear A mask or you're A bio-terrorist.

Oh OK, working on the average for the year to that date, there has been increase in those things over and above .... as in people committing suicide or not visiting hospitals out of fear when having heart attacks, strokes etc etc
You can’t use any of that really to prove that they happened because of a lockdown.

Like any free society you can believe what you want. Just don't impose your systems on others.
That's what the anti lockdown are arguing. Not to run around breathing in people's faces but to enjoy basic freedoms like fresh air and freedom of movement and association.
It's actually the lockdowners who are being selfish by wanting everyone to cater for them.
If you want to wear a mask social distance not travel or go outside go ahead. Just don't expect everyone to cater for your preference if it means directly imposing on them
I’m not imposing anything. Just countering your research.

Countries that were closer to Wuhan lockdown and wore masks immediately and hardly had any cases because their people are happy to listen to the government and just do what’s necessary. West Aussies did and now we are pretty much out of the woods until Clive forces the borders open.

So is it thinking for myself if I choose to believe something other than what you believe? Even if I’ve done research and come to that conclusion?

You basically admitted that you can't comprehend what's happening in Victoria, you chose to refer to your mum who lost her job for a couple of weeks or the like as an example of how the situation has impacted YOU in fact.

You need to do some economic research bud.

You basically admitted that you can't comprehend what's happening in Victoria, you chose to refer to your mum who lost her job for a couple of weeks or the like as an example of how the situation has impacted YOU in fact.

You need to do some economic research bud.
No I didn’t say that. I said in Perth that things have gone pretty smoothly and that we haven’t felt the repercussions of community transmissions because WA pretty much did the right thing immediately and here we are playing and watching live sport, drinking in pubs and working and living normally. That doesn’t mean I don’t comprehend the severity of things in Victoria.

I deal with economics regularly in my job. The impact of a lockdown is of course going to hamper things but if people stopped trying to be selfish and just did the right thing, you would have been enjoying normalcy like us here.

No I didn’t say that. I said in Perth that things have gone pretty smoothly and that we haven’t felt the repercussions of community transmissions because WA pretty much did the right thing immediately and here we are playing and watching live sport, drinking in pubs and working and living normally. That doesn’t mean I don’t comprehend the severity of things in Victoria.

I deal with economics regularly in my job. The impact of a lockdown is of course going to hamper things but if people stopped trying to be selfish and just did the right thing, you would have been enjoying normalcy like us here.

Oh, ruffled your feathers didn't I? Already with the, 'see, our state is better than yours'.. ?

Any idea how many infected people entered your state, compared to the one with the highest number of immigrants in Australia?

Hamper the economy? That's what you call a potential $200b deficit is it? Please...

Nice way of putting it....We're At war with A virus.....Makes As much sense As the war on Terror I suppose.

Wear A mask or you're A bio-terrorist.

Or drugs. Or reds. Or whatever.............can be at war with anything
But this is turbo charged. And here in Vic. And all the idiots in WA or wherever being parochial haven't the slightest clue what is happening. And don't want to know. (Ignore them).

Anyway it is a 50/50 split here. People don't want to know. Yet anyone wants to point it out are silenced.

Oh, ruffled your feathers didn't I? Already with the, 'see, our state is better than yours'.. ?

Any idea how many infected people entered your state, compared to the one with the highest number of immigrants in Australia?

Hamper the economy? That's what you call a potential $200b deficit is it? Please...
In one 4 to 5 day period 4 cruise ships disembarked with 2000 -3000 passengers some very ill. One cruise ship was denied Port in NZ and every Eastern State city before getting permission in Perth. There were others but this was a concentrated disembarking after Ruby Princess and knowing many sick were on board. We also had at least 2 overseas flights landing daily.

This is why there is huge admiration for McGowan. He requisitioned Rottnest Island to be used for at least 600 WA residents from cruise ships or flights for quarantine. Although not allowed to leave the villa with fenced front and back yards they could order alcohol and sit in the yards and chat away in evenings with your neighbours.

Other nationalities were put in hotel quarantine and a flight was organised with the German government to take their citizens who didn't have symptoms home. The rest went into hospital. I think we had most of our deaths either from this cluster of cruise ships or the Ruby Princess.

We never had a hard lock down with schools, beaches, takeaways all kept open and outdoor exercise in 2s and never any requirement for masks in the general public. We had private security on our hotel lockdown with any new workers only getting a day training at most!

We had all overseas travellers self quarantining and only getting tested if they had symptoms initially. If anyone had the virus and had to self quarantine at home or hotel and strictly not allowed to leave for anything and checked, unlike Vic. Contact testing was strictly followed up, unlike in Victoria where the meatworks and McDonalds outbreaks did not test fellow workers, and didn't check on them in self quarantine. Even now flights from Vic to NSW only check temperature and take contact details, where as in WA everyone has to do 2 weeks quarantine.

When Dan announced the AFL could restart in Vic we already had 28 days of no community transmission, but there were 10 -20 cases a day still being reported in Vic! If the AFL had started hubs in WA, SA and Qland and let Vic finish it's contact tracing and stop the active cases before opening up too soon it would have given them a chance to eradicate community transmission.

There were some initial cases among health care workers in WA which were strictly followed up and PPE improved. AT the moment over 900 active cases in health care workers in Vic. How does that happen when they're wearing masks? Hint they don't prevent the virus spreading!

We've had no cases in nursing homes that I'm aware of and workers were strictly checked. Currently there are 1200 active cases in nursing homes where the most vulnerable people are in Vic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back