Discussion Coronavirus

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven’t seen my 88 yr old mother, who lives independently and is, thank heavens, very healthy for 10 days as I am self -isolating by choice and trying to protect her. Will have to drop off supplies tomorrow but I will be sitting in my car outside her front door and she’ll be sitting behind the flyscreen about 4m away.

It’s all so bizarre, but I’m not taking any chances.
My mum died last year at the age of 83. I know that if she would have around today I would have been very worried and not seeing her. It's a very worrying time for the elderly

That’s positive. I’m younger than the older ones.

Based on current stats at 59 you are older than most of our existing serious cases.

While older people are more susceptible if they catch CV 19, at present many more younger people are catching CV19 and so it is not old people in the main who are serious cases. But yes so far the deaths have been elderly. But I know that younger people are on ventilators here in Australia and without the ventilator they would be dead. At least one is only just over half your age.

People really need to stop thinking that only the elderly can die from CV 19.

Pubs, Cafe's, restaurants etc. need to close ASAP.

We won't flatten the curve until that happens.
Surely schools are in the same boat. Yes I’ve heard all the reasons why not one is we will lose health workers because they will have to look after the kids but if we don’t slow it down it won’t matter how many health workers there are.

Haven’t seen my 88 yr old mother, who lives independently and is, thank heavens, very healthy for 10 days as I am self -isolating by choice and trying to protect her. Will have to drop off supplies tomorrow but I will be sitting in my car outside her front door and she’ll be sitting behind the flyscreen about 4m away.

It’s all so bizarre, but I’m not taking any chances.

It is wise to be prudent and cautious at present.

Everybody should read the above post and take it in.
It is ABSOLUTELY correct.

Also read the article POS posted from the Guardian.

This is a time to go huge on debt. It all hinges on the theory that a sovereign state cannot go bankrupt. This is why the US can carry 3 trillion in debt.
I find it hard to get my head around I understand countries can care a lot of debt but surely it gets to a breaking point I mean didn’t Greece effectively go bankrupt a few years ago

Surely schools are in the same boat. Yes I’ve heard all the reasons why not one is we will lose health workers because they will have to look after the kids but if we don’t slow it down it won’t matter how many health workers there are.
The data has shown kids aren't really affected by the virus and there hasn't been much child-to-child transmission recorded. Kids aren't the reason the curve is growing. For me, if you dont feel comfortable sending your child to school and are able to look after them during the day, then dont send them too school. But many dont have that luxury and thats why we need somewhere for kids to go and learn during this period.

Cafes, pubs, restaurants are far from essential businesses right now and would be having a much greater impact on the curve growing.

Usually like watching offsiders on a Sunday morning and have previously liked both Waleed and Caro but their righteousness about the virus and what sport should be doing is over the top. ie sport needs to stop - now.
Yeah I agree i understand why the afl want to continue from a money point of view but surely there operating in an unsafe work place environment at the very least now I mean We’ve been told it’s unsafe to be with in 1.5 metres of someone but it’s ok for players to do so it’s makes no sense!

A Good article on the Spanish flu in Australia.
Interestingly the football was not stopped, no.opinion from me just a comment.

The inference at the end is people got on with their lives. As we will.

Based on current stats at 59 you are older than most of our existing serious cases.

While older people are more susceptible if they catch CV 19, at present many more younger people are catching CV19 and so it is not old people in the main who are serious cases. But yes so far the deaths have been elderly. But I know that younger people are on ventilators here in Australia and without the ventilator they would be dead. At least one is only just over half your age.

People really need to stop thinking that only the elderly can die from CV 19.
This is true as the chart below shows the 70 to 90's haven't really been infected yet.

Once this happens all hell breaks loose.

Regardless of age if you have existing conditions that will affect respiratory functions, you are at risk.

The second shot is serious cases so far to current cases.

Screenshot_20200321-173548_Samsung%20Internet.jpeg Screenshot_20200322-111144_Samsung%20Internet.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pubs, Cafe's, restaurants etc. need to close ASAP.

We won't flatten the curve until that happens.

I reckon they ant some cases coming through, then put the brakes on once it starts to feed through the health system. They don't want to stop it, they just want to stagger it. Interesting Russia, one Italian village and Germany all tested on masse and isolated. All seem to have slowed the spread or lessened deaths at least.

Yeah I agree i understand why the afl want to continue from a money point of view but surely there operating in an unsafe work place environment at the very least now I mean We’ve been told it’s unsafe to be with in 1.5 metres of someone but it’s ok for players to do so it’s makes no sense!

Greece was forced into debt slavery by the world bank. Poorly managed economy because they don't have much GDP in relation to debt as well. Most countries will be in the same boat so not really a big concern. We have only offered 10% of GDP as stimulus, NZ has put up 40% in Corona stimulus as comparison.

This is true as the chart below shows the 70 to 90's haven't really been infected yet.

Once this happens all hell breaks loose.

Regardless of age if you have existing conditions that will affect respiratory functions, you are at risk.

The second shot is serious cases so far to current cases.

View attachment 844595View attachment 844596
I'd be more concern with the less developed countries like South Africa ( as reported on Sky news) where they have over 7 million people with HIV and TB. They live in such congested environments that once the virus infiltrates that community, the death toll could be enormous

Greece was forced into debt slavery by the world bank. Poorly managed economy because they don't have much GDP in relation to debt as well. Most countries will be in the same boat so not really a big concern. We have only offered 10% of GDP as stimulus, NZ has put up 40% in Corona stimulus as comparison.
Yeah - its interesting that the stimulus "average" worldwide is 14%.

The real problem for Greece post "bankruptcy" was that the measures they were forced to accept by the EU and German banks effectively locked them into a recessionary cycle that they meant that in the end they were unable to service the repayments.

Bit like being owed $100K by someone who has $10k in assets and then taking them to court to win an order for $20K which they don't pay anyway.

Yeah - its interesting that the stimulus "average" worldwide is 14%.

The real problem for Greece post "bankruptcy" was that the measures they were forced to accept by the EU and German banks effectively locked them into a recessionary cycle that they meant that in the end they were unable to service the repayments.

Bit like being owed $100K by someone who has $10k in assets and then taking them to court to win an order for $20K which they don't pay anyway.
Yes their debt to GDP was always covered by the devaluation of the drachma. Once they transferred to the Euro, they were f'*ked.

We have no issues like Greece.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back