Discussion Coronavirus

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

had the guy on from centerlink on the radio yesterday

they put in new functionality on the my gov site so people could sign up to centerlink and claim unemployment benefits without going into centerlink

in 2 hours, since they activated it, 200k people registered!!!!

Oh dear!

THIS IS WHAT SCUM LOOKS LIKE .

e1b73180c2c60fe494634cf6a688908b

Deregister// Ban

If not possible , tax audit for company and every manager , every year for ever .
So whilst people were still choking on smoke and couldn’t find a mask our fantastic Chinese friends were busy keeping the shelves bare and shipping them to China.

If we can’t see the benefit of having a local pharmaceutical and car industry amongst other things then we might as well shut up shop. Now their donating some of the stockpile to other countries to help push an absurd narrative, gee thanks.

Please don’t confuse the actions of the Chinese government and state funded enterprises with ordinary people on the street. We’ve had some shops graffitied locally and a few other incidents that are incredibly unfair and extremely unhelpful.

PS. I might add the Chinese aren’t on their own in competing for vital medical supplies etc in fact it appears to be everyman for himself at present. I just think that it was a particularly ordinary act given the bushfires here and the fact they were Cleary aware of a dangerous virus and still suppressing information vital to the rest of the world.

Last edited:
Heads up about the flu shot, get it while it’s available and before this virus really gets going.

My eldest daughter and her fiancé are booked in for tomorrow around 1, the surgery will call at 10 to confirm they still have doses. It’s $20.00 a shot for the private stock and no charge for the consult, at least that’s what I was charged.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now I don't have a problem with globalism or free trade but when are we gonna stop the chinese government just doin whatever the * they want to countries in close proximity?

So who's gonna tell them they won't have a job when this is over if they won't take less than 50%?

they are just plain silly. if they don't take a substantial cut like 805 or even more. noone will have a job in the afl! they just don't get it. nevermind the fact that unemployment in australia will probably hit 30 % or more

they are just plain silly. if they don't take a substantial cut like 805 or even more. noone will have a job in the afl! they just don't get it. nevermind the fact that unemployment in australia will probably hit 30 % or more
They aren't silly. Over half the players are on $50,000. They won't survive on a 80% pay cut.

I get some players are on hundreds of thousands a year, but we have to make sure rookies in their first year or players 35-40 on each list are also taken care of.

They aren't silly. Over half the players are on $50,000. They won't survive on a 80% pay cut.

I get some players are on hundreds of thousands a year, but we have to make sure rookies in their first year or players 35-40 on each list are also taken care of.

worded over in WA footy circles is dangerfield and the AFLPA are going to throw them to the wolves anyways

instead of coming down with a pay cut next year, which would affect the players at the top end, they wanna just reduce the list size. to get the money down.

bye bye rookies. bye bye fringe players, bye bye some of the speculative draftees.

but old mate fyfe can still collect his 1 million a season. a bloke who's so far removed from footy over here, it's not funny. atleast nic nat still has a strong connection to his feeder club and footy.

They need to stand firm, 80% pay cut! Get out of here. As you mentioned not all of them are on huge contracts. And just because they're well paid, doesn't mean they don't have substantial financial commitments.

They should stagger it like we do the tax bracket. Up to 80k and there's no drop. $80k-160k is 20%. $160-260 is 50%.
I haven't bought any real thought into the actual figures, but I think that method would be more fair in not punishing the guys who don't get paid much to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back