Discussion Coronavirus

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I saw some headline the other day that his approval ratings are at an all-time high?
Approval at 49%, up from 43% which was down from 49% which was the same as the previous 2 polls at 49%. Trump is the only US President to have never had an approval of 50% or more, but polling was inaccurate at his election, Brexit, our last election etc. Wait until it's all over.

Problem with working at home, I have found, is you tend to get caught up and before you know it you have been sitting in front of a screen for hours.

Make sure you get up for a snack and a walk too. When I first started about three weeks ago I was working till about ten every night and it nearly killed me.
Have worked from home for years but kicked out of my office because the desktop is in the office.

I am in the spare room but have rigged up an old TV to my laptop, using a VPN a view of the garden and a couch just like Don Draper in Mad Men IMG-cf87c8a95590984dc6d9c615a63a7647-V.jpeg

Have worked from home for years but kicked out of my office because the desktop is in the office.

I am in the spare room but have rigged up an old TV to my laptop, using a VPN a view of the garden and a couch just like Don Draper in Mad MenView attachment 849677

Love it and I loved Mad Men.

Think I mentioned before that in my previous life in SA I was an art director at Ogilvy and Mather for 10 years and believe me in those days it wasn’t all that different from the TV series!

Todsy's glimmer of hope.

Sure the orange idiot is desperately spouting this as a miracle cure, however the author of the article is a doctor and goes through the two drugs the lab and field tests and the encouraging signs, as well as the reservations.

To me seems encouraging and the CDC has just approved it's combination use a couple of hours ago.

Problem with working at home, I have found, is you tend to get caught up and before you know it you have been sitting in front of a screen for hours.

Make sure you get up for a snack and a walk too. When I first started about three weeks ago I was working till about ten every night and it nearly killed me. 😳

I am trying to do different things. like, going for a walk at lunch time. turning off the work computer. at night. turning on the tv. for a while then changing that to say you tub or some other streaming so it htne seems that i am doing different things. talk to my partner on the phone daily, (we live separately, he comes over on weekends). but

The trouble is that the people who vote for him have trouble walking and chewing gum at the same time.

Watch the Netflix series Tiger King, that is why he was elected. Outside the big cities, things get weird.

Its either an amazing co-incidence that 50% of the time i drive past a road crew, they having a meeting, or they are having meetings more than they do anything else.
Anyway, if they got any closer they'd be hugging and kissing.

I asked a mate about this and he said that roadside crews will often stop work when peak traffic hits. Made sense given I would drive past them after finishing work when me and a hundred other cars are driving past them.

I asked a mate about this and he said that roadside crews will often stop work when peak traffic hits. Made sense given I would drive past them after finishing work when me and a hundred other cars are driving past them.

I had to go home during the day today and i saw it. Traffic was way less than i've seen in a long time.
And.....
WTF don't they go home , instead of having the group hug while we are meant to be social distancing.

We still have meetings where i work, we sit in the Canteen, about 3 meters apart.

First time i have been on big footy in ages. This virus has just killed all my enthusiasm for this season. Even if we do play, i don't know whether i will care or not. Hope every one and their families are doing good

understand

Keep posting ; it is valued.......there will be intrigue throughout the year

Watch the Netflix series Tiger King, that is why he was elected. Outside the big cities, things get weird.
Have this penciled in for the weekend to watch

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My mother in law went for a flu jab last week and we just got a call today saying the Dr that administered it has tested positive for COVID-19.

The Dr was wearing a mask and gloves and my mother in law stayed in her car whilst she got the injection.

No symptoms yet so fingers crossed nothing comes of it. It sounds like it would be low risk but there is obviously a chance given how contagious this is.

She lives alone but my family have seen her since she visited the Dr and I know she has seen her 3 siblings once since then. Also my father in law has visited our place (alone) since then.

Quite worrying and as a result of this 6 people over 70 could have been exposed even though she has been limiting contact.

Posting here as a reminder to please stay home as much as you can and limit contact with even loved ones, especially those over 70. Even in what we deem limited contact could possibly have a domino effect impacting multiple people.

Stay safe.

Last edited:
They are, 49%. Then 60% of Americans approve of his handling of the pandemic, 46% trust him compared to 41% trusting the media.

But I'm sure studies have also found that a majority of Americans believe in aliens and millions of them believe in Creationism. The national IQ has an average of about 35.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back