Discussion Coronavirus

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
18/04 - UK deaths up 888 to 15,474.
Why no reduction mate? Hasn't the country been in lockdown for weeks now? Seems like it's been over a week where every day has been at least over 700. Tragic.

My mothers side are all up north, how is that fairing? Up Middlesbrough way

I don't know, the Who must have spend their fortune on chemicals and replacing equipment back in the day.

i loved that scene , i have the episode and just watch that bit over and over .........my wife says im an idiot lol

Oh my...🙄

An extract:

As Ethiopia's foreign minister, Tedros, an executive member of the Marxist-Leninist Tigray People's Liberation Front (TPLF), oversaw a massive expansion of China's role in Ethiopia. China is Ethiopia's biggest foreign investor, its largest trading partner and also its largest lender.

Writing for Politico, Simon Marks explained:

"Over the course of the last decade, Ethiopia has become increasingly dependent on Chinese investment.
"The Export-Import Bank of China put up $2.9 billion of the $3.4 billion railway project connecting Ethiopia to Djibouti, providing the landlocked country access to ports. Chinese funds were also instrumental in the construction of Ethiopia's first six-lane highway — an $800 million project — the metro system, and several skyscrapers dotting Addis Ababa's skyline.
"Beijing also accounts for nearly half of Ethiopia's external debt and has lent at least $13.7 billion to Ethiopia between 2000 and 2018, data compiled by John Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies shows."
Ethiopia is now ensnared in a debt trap that leaves the country vulnerable to pressure from Beijing.

Why no reduction mate? Hasn't the country been in lockdown for weeks now? Seems like it's been over a week where every day has been at least over 700. Tragic.

My mothers side are all up north, how is that fairing? Up Middlesbrough way

I think it's the just time lag until of infections until the benefits of the lockdown really come through. It can take several weeks between infection and severe illness. We should start seeing those numbers fall. For example:

19/04 - Deaths in the past 24 hours 596, total of 16,060. Perhaps we are starting to see an improvement just now! All the country is bad, to be honest, with the big cities obviously the worst hit.

Oh my...🙄

An extract:

As Ethiopia's foreign minister, Tedros, an executive member of the Marxist-Leninist Tigray People's Liberation Front (TPLF), oversaw a massive expansion of China's role in Ethiopia. China is Ethiopia's biggest foreign investor, its largest trading partner and also its largest lender.

Writing for Politico, Simon Marks explained:

Ethiopia is now ensnared in a debt trap that leaves the country vulnerable to pressure from Beijing.

Sounds a bit like Australia, now they want more & are offering bids to take over Virgin Airways.
We appear to have too many eggs in the one basket & that is not good.

So the Victorian Government , who seem to issue new regulations every other day state in their legislation.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cleaning (4) A person who owns, controls or operates an open retail facility in Victoria must between midnight on 17 April 2020 and midnight on 11 May 2020 take all reasonable steps to ensure that:
(a) frequently touched surfaces are cleaned at least twice on any given day; and
(b) surfaces are cleaned when visibly soiled; and
(c) surfaces are cleaned immediately after a spill on the surface.

(5) To clean for the purposes of this clause, a person must wipe the surface with a disinfectant:
(a) the label states a claim by the manufacturer that the disinfectant has anti-viral properties; or
(b) made by the person according to instructions issued by the Department of Health and Human Services

Does anyone here know of ANY product that complies with 5a I can't find any?
What are retailers actually using?

5b suggests that the person cleaning has to make the cleaning product.
Its good that our cleaners now need a degree in chemistry.
If there are instruction by the DHHS, then they are well hidden. Of course that's what you do when you issue instructions for a declared Emergency, hide them.

Sounds a bit like Australia, now they want more & are offering bids to take over Virgin Airways.
We appear to have too many eggs in the one basket & that is not good.

I replied but I got 3 x posts deleted with no explanation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the Victorian Government , who seem to issue new regulations every other day state in their legislation.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cleaning (4) A person who owns, controls or operates an open retail facility in Victoria must between midnight on 17 April 2020 and midnight on 11 May 2020 take all reasonable steps to ensure that:
(a) frequently touched surfaces are cleaned at least twice on any given day; and
(b) surfaces are cleaned when visibly soiled; and
(c) surfaces are cleaned immediately after a spill on the surface.

(5) To clean for the purposes of this clause, a person must wipe the surface with a disinfectant:
(a) the label states a claim by the manufacturer that the disinfectant has anti-viral properties; or
(b) made by the person according to instructions issued by the Department of Health and Human Services

Does anyone here know of ANY product that complies with 5a I can't find any?
What are retailers actually using?

5b suggests that the person cleaning has to make the cleaning product.
Its good that our cleaners now need a degree in chemistry.
If there are instruction by the DHHS, then they are well hidden. Of course that's what you do when you issue instructions for a declared Emergency, hide them.
I think nearly every cleaning product I've seen has information of its contents on the back of the bottle.

If it doesn't (highly unlikely) then whatever is being used needs to be put together using the DHHS guidelines.

Not sure what you've taken issue with exactly.

I think nearly every cleaning product I've seen has information of its contents on the back of the bottle.

If it doesn't (highly unlikely) then whatever is being used needs to be put together using the DHHS guidelines.

Not sure what you've taken issue with exactly.

I seriously want this information for compliance of my organisation i work for to display that legal requirements have been addressed. ( ISO 14001 requirement ).

Please tell me what I can do with a list of ingredients when the legislation requires that the cleaner. "states a claim by the manufacturer that the disinfectant has anti-viral properties "
Yes they have ingrediants. No they don't make this claim. Many claim anti-bacterial properties which is not what the legislation demands.

The DHHS guidelines do not seem to be easily available.
The legislates that the "person cleaning " needs to make the cleaner.

What i posted was cut and paste from the legislation, read it if you don't believe me.
http://www.gazette.vic.gov.au/gazette/Gazettes2020/GG2020S199.pdf

What i take issue is that the Vic gov have made it impossible to display conformance with their legislation.
Find me a cleaning product that conforms if you are going to be a smartass.
( you think i didn't read the label looking for it ).

Anyway back on track of the thread

Flu season set to be best on record with flutracker showing infections going south compared to last yearView attachment 861266

That’s great news. I really hate getting the flu. I get vaccinated but still cop it every few years.
when people were saying the Coronavirus isn’t that bad it’s just like the flu I was thinking * that, shut it down. I know I’m a sook but even staying at home watching movies isn’t fun when everything aches

I seriously want this information for compliance of my organisation i work for to display that legal requirements have been addressed. ( ISO 14001 requirement ).

Please tell me what I can do with a list of ingredients when the legislation requires that the cleaner. "states a claim by the manufacturer that the disinfectant has anti-viral properties "
Yes they have ingrediants. No they don't make this claim. Many claim anti-bacterial properties which is not what the legislation demands.

The DHHS guidelines do not seem to be easily available.
The legislates that the "person cleaning " needs to make the cleaner.

What i posted was cut and paste from the legislation, read it if you don't believe me.
http://www.gazette.vic.gov.au/gazette/Gazettes2020/GG2020S199.pdf

What i take issue is that the Vic gov have made it impossible to display conformance with their legislation.
Find me a cleaning product that conforms if you are going to be a smartass.
( you think i didn't read the label looking for it ).
Not sure why you've decided to name call? I was just questioning why you thought it was such an issue. You've said you are after compliance of the company you work for. That's all you really needed to say.

Maybe if you know the product your company is using you can research it. Maybe they are already using one that complies?

That’s great news. I really hate getting the flu. I get vaccinated but still cop it every few years.
when people were saying the Coronavirus isn’t that bad it’s just like the flu I was thinking fu** that, shut it down. I know I’m a sook but even staying at home watching movies isn’t fun when everything aches
I’ve had the flu twice in my life. Once I had 2 weeks off work but really should have been one. Was fine after a week. The second time I got pneumonia. I wouldn’t recommend that. Spent 3 days in hospital and then wasn’t supposed to do Manuel work for 2 weeks. Went back after 4 days which wasn’t a great idea but got through it. The genuine flu isn’t pretty.

Not sure why you've decided to name call? I was just questioning why you thought it was such an issue. You've said you are after compliance of the company you work for. That's all you really needed to say.

Maybe if you know the product your company is using you can research it. Maybe they are already using one that complies?

IT HAS TO BE STATED ON THE LABEL
I CAN NOT FIND A PRODUCT THAT STATES IT ON THE LABEL.

Or on their website.
Kills Germs, Kills Bacteria are the common claims.

I'm name calling because you treat me like i'm stupid.
It doesn't matter if its a new product that kills all CoronaVirus within a mile, it needs to have the label to comply with Victorian on the fly legislation and none of them do.

I’d like to think we hold ourselves to a higher standard to those in Bangladesh.

It's not us I'm worried about.

This s**t will never go away when you have scenes like that.

Then again, a bunch of flogs got caught out at a kids bday party in Beaumaris too. Not on that scale though. 26k in fines. Suck s**t.

IT HAS TO BE STATED ON THE LABEL
I CAN NOT FIND A PRODUCT THAT STATES IT ON THE LABEL.

Or on their website.
Kills Germs, Kills Bacteria are the common claims.

I'm name calling because you treat me like i'm stupid.
It doesn't matter if its a new product that kills all CoronaVirus within a mile, it needs to have the label to comply with Victorian on the fly legislation and none of them do.
I'm not treating you like you're stupid, it wasn't my intention at all. I thought you were just nitpicking at the policy because in the past you've been critical of Labor. Now that you explained why to me it makes more sense.

Funnily enough I had a look and can't find anything online about any anti viral products. I was positive it had them listed on the back of the packaging. I found an article about a woman in QLD that made her own because she had trouble finding any, but that's paywalled. Was hoping it'd give some info on if there was any readily available anti-viral products.

On Dettol's website theres a huge T&C page. I've skimmed over it and there's a lot of information there. Admittedly didn't look hard enough for anything on anti-viral but you can take a look?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back