Science/Environment Corporate filth - how bad can it get?

Remove this Banner Ad

Feds have said they are going to investigate, but the only thing which matters is what penalties will be handed up if breaches of the water agreements have happened.

Given its NSW I suspect it will be very minor, as Turnbull looks after his mates.
Should be a judicial enquiry.
Joyce would be getting kickbacks don't you worry about that.
The Murray is dying due to greed.

Yep, but in my experience, especially where there is money involved, the government will set up an "independent enquiry", and after a few years release a nice glossy brochure, and in that year's budget some years down the track the government will then identify a couple of million dollars (especially if they can harvest this from welfare, education or health) that they will invest into the Murray-Darling Action Plan, and this will employ a group of people who will go around the Murray Darling Basin liaising with investors and local farmers, and from this liaising there will be a report, and in my understanding after this last step the problem has been solved, but I really hope I am wrong and you are correct.

I once believed that there was some kind of check or balance for government/big business, but after a few cycles I know this is not the case, if the s**t ever did hit the fan, the circus will just up its pegs and move to another town, the government will change and the new guys will blame the old guys, or the government will bail everyone responsible out yet make the public responsible, or the public will inherit the consequences of the government's actions even without ever condoning them.

Understood.
In essence, if you really boil it down, what you're talking about is an endless (and much bigger) version of "pass the parcel", in terms of buck-passing. But eventually someone gets caught with the parcel in their hands, and they have to sort out the mess.

Although a totally different issue and set of circumstances, do you recall the Bank Whistleblower a few years back? I think it may have been the CommBank, but I'm not totally sure. But in the end, the sh*t well and truly hit the fan. Heads rolled over that debacle. Who would've guessed? Not the fat cats with their snouts buried in the trough. Bet they got a big surprise.

But aside from the absurd abuse of water legislation and illegal pumping of water, what I'm mainly referring to is the fact that political parties continually ignoring voters and pandering to the big donors is slowly becoming a thing of the past. That's a big part of why Trump got voted in in the US, and why here in Australia people are turning their backs on the major political parties in their droves. Never before in Australian history has such a big proportion of the population voted for minor parties, and this has the major parties absolutely sh*tting themselves. I've watched countless interviews and discussions that show this. This isn't to say everything is now all beer and skittles - far from it. But things are definitely changing, and changing a lot more than in recent decades. I mentioned previously that Shorten said he was going to put an end to foreign donations....that is a f*ckin huge stance to take. Is that in itself a silver bullet? No. But it's one almighty big flag in the ground.

What slows this sort of change is people with the attitude:

"Oh, it's all too hard, there's nothing we can do about it, nothing will ever change."

When it comes to a mixed blend of laziness and apathy, we Aussies wear the Yellow Jersey. People here will go to the ends of the Earth to defend and justify their laziness/apathy, in regards to important political and social issues. Not referring simply to the Murray Darling, but in regards to anything that's not two inches in front of their own nose. They will fight tooth and nail to defend their apathy/laziness...that's the one factor where they do take a stand. But when chickens come home to roost (e.g. skyrocketing electricity prices, water prices, the list goes on), these "Stalwart Apathy Warriors" are the ones that scream the loudest.

It's a shame the Federal Government doesn't implement some sort of Apathy Tax. If they did, they'd be able to pay off all our debt, with enough money left over we'd be rolling in the trough.

Last edited:
Understood.
In essence, if you really boil it down, what you're talking about is an endless (and much bigger) version of "pass the parcel", in terms of buck-passing. But eventually someone gets caught with the parcel in their hands, and they have to sort out the mess.

Although a totally different issue and set of circumstances, do you recall the Bank Whistleblower a few years back? I think it may have been the CommBank, but I'm not totally sure. But in the end, the sh*t well and truly hit the fan. Heads rolled over that debacle. Who would've guessed? Not the fat cats with their snouts buried in the trough. Bet they got a big surprise.

But aside from the absurd abuse of water legislation and illegal pumping of water, what I'm mainly referring to is the fact that political parties continually ignoring voters and pandering to the big donors is slowly becoming a thing of the past. That's a big part of why Trump got voted in in the US, and why here in Australia people are turning their backs on the major political parties in their droves. Never before in Australian history has such a big proportion of the population voted for minor parties, and this has the major parties absolutely sh*tting themselves. I've watched countless interviews and discussions that show this. This isn't to say everything is now all beer and skittles - far from it. But things are definitely changing, and changing a lot more than in recent decades. I mentioned previously that Shorten said he was going to put an end to foreign donations....that is a f*ckin huge stance to take. Is that in itself a silver bullet? No. But it's one almighty big flag in the ground.

What slows this sort of change is people with the attitude:

"Oh, it's all too hard, there's nothing we can do about it, nothing will ever change."

When it comes to a mixed blend of laziness and apathy, we Aussies wear the Yellow Jersey. People here will go to the ends of the Earth to defend and justify their laziness/apathy, in regards to important political and social issues. Not referring simply to the Murray Darling, but in regards to anything that's not two inches in front of their own nose. They will fight tooth and nail to defend their apathy/laziness...that's the one factor where they do take a stand. But when chickens come home to roost (e.g. skyrocketing electricity prices, water prices, the list goes on), these "Stalwart Apathy Warriors" are the ones that scream the loudest.

It's a shame the Federal Government doesn't implement some sort of Apathy Tax. If they did, they'd be able to pay off all our debt, with enough money left over we'd be rolling in the trough.

Yeah, but ironically, "apathy-schmapathy". Now, here's some advice my great uncle once told me, 'a government is a lot like food, no matter what the food is when you eat it, hamburger, banana, chicken, it always turns to s**t'. I'm not sure what that had to do with me graduating from Grade 6, but the message has rung loud and clear with me ever since. Take Climate Change, for example, that's been around for a few years now with people complaining about it, loud and clear, and yet...

Yep, but the banks pass that tax onto their customers, just like when industry was hit by the Carbon Tax and everyone had to pay a larger utilities bill, in the bull-shitting of the government, they had people believe that poor people will take their hard won cash down the street to the local solar panel supply shop, fork out 20-odd-thousand-dollars and put these on top of the unit they are renting. Same with this tax, it is just another way to reap money from the public while pretending to do something useful.
yes but the customers and the people arent all the same. if you cant see the benefits of such taxes you need to go back to school.

yes but the customers and the people arent all the same. if you cant see the benefits of such taxes you need to go back to school.

Well here is my understanding;

Government applies Tax X to business Y

To compensate for this tax, business Y increases the cost for goods/services

Customer (of 4 major Australian banks with a high probability of being an Australian tax payer) pays this higher price

If government gives out Z = X to Australian taxpayers to compensate net change on issue =~ 0.

If government gives out Z > X in compensation we get a decrease in budget with a net change on issue =~ 0

If government gives out Z < X we get a larger tax to the government which is passed onto the mostly Australian customers with a net change on issue =~ 0

It's an absolutely unbreakable rule in politics; never set up an "enquiry" unless you're certain you know what it's answer is going to be.

And be sure to appoint to the 'Gravy train', er, I mean committee.....All your mates & grafters to whom you owe a favor to.

Do we add ScumBank here or start a new thread?

53000 breaches of money laundering and counter-terrorism related charges

FOREIGN criminal syndicates including major drug traffickers were able to launder millions of dollars through Australia after the Commonwealth Bank allegedly failed to comply with strict money laundering and counter terrorism financing laws and monitor almost 780,000 accounts.

The Australian Transaction Reports and Analysis Centre (AUSTRAC) yesterday filed a motion in the Federal Court to prosecute the bank alleging 53,700 contraventions of the AML/CTF laws since 2012

Do we add ScumBank here or start a new thread?

53000 breaches of money laundering and counter-terrorism related charges

FOREIGN criminal syndicates including major drug traffickers were able to launder millions of dollars through Australia after the Commonwealth Bank allegedly failed to comply with strict money laundering and counter terrorism financing laws and monitor almost 780,000 accounts.

The Australian Transaction Reports and Analysis Centre (AUSTRAC) yesterday filed a motion in the Federal Court to prosecute the bank alleging 53,700 contraventions of the AML/CTF laws since 2012

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/which-bank-australias-leading-bank.1173096/

:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back