Society/Culture Corporate virtue signalling. Don't fall for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

So instead of discussing the point at hand - "gay pride" - you decide to attempt to divert back to the thread title and erect a straw man about Aboriginality.

I don't see where the thread title puts that limit on the discussion. Corporations exhibit many differing spectrum's of virtue signalling.

Ultimately, this is a very poor choice of path for any "SJW" types to go down, as corporations would be amongst the worst facilitators of this garbage. Look no further than Procter & Gamble.

I don't see where the thread title puts that limit on the discussion. Corporations exhibit many differing spectrum's of virtue signalling.

Ultimately, this is a very poor choice of path for any "SJW" types to go down, as corporations would be amongst the worst facilitators of this garbage. Look no further than Procter & Gamble.
Your post was about gay pride.

My response was about gay pride.

Your response was about Aboriginality and Cathy Freeman.

Fine, you didn't grok the trail of posts fully and backtracked. It happens.

My point stands.

Your post was about gay pride.

My response was about gay pride.

Your response was about Aboriginality and Cathy Freeman.

Fine, you didn't grok the trail of posts fully and backtracked. It happens.

My point stands.

My response was about corporate virtue signalling.

You and most of the alt right dont understand Marx thats all I'm saying. Prove me wrong, I'm happy to keep explaining why you have no idea.

Also I dont think the Identity liberals understand Marx either.

Now that really is hilarious.

Life must be simple when everyone on the planet fits neatly inside one of your two little boxes.

What has Cathy Freeman got to do with it?

"Who was that famous Aborigine?"

"Cathy Freeman? Evonne Goolagong!"

hqdefault.jpg

Their primary, and often only, concern is profit. There 'inclusive' statements are olive branches to a consumer market which no longer wants much to with regressive mutants.

Watching a giant corp labelled 'left' because of some tweet about gay marriage is falling to a brand of politics which wants identity politics to be litmus test. The tumblr left and Latham/Trump/Abbott right are in this category.

I recently started working for a medium sized non-profit organisation. it is incredibly woke. I don't think corporate virtue signalling is about profit. I think it is more about company executives exerting power and influence without being democratically elected.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marx would have thought the proud bois hating the browns and the purple haired ladies with dry privates are all operating under the same thumb. For him the identity of either are inconsequential and mearly an expression of the pressure from that thumb. I feel like if your average worker earning 35k to 80k grinding actually knew what Marx was into, they wouldnt be so quick to close up shop mentally on his ideas.

That explains Engels getting it then.

It was Chief in the billiard room with a candlestick!

#amiright
It was the New Federalists in Idaho with a hand full of action cards and a town full of technology chips. And they stole my rocket launcher and sold it to build a machine shop.

FallenLand_layout.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back