Analysis Correct Predictions Rendell

Remove this Banner Ad

DIDAIC0S

All Australian
Aug 23, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Mods feel free to move or merge.

This guy gets a lot of crap for his opinions, often due to the lack of research.

However he said at end of 2021 trade period we could give top 4 a shake in 2022

He also suggested letting Grundy go before he resigned and he also suggested trading him to Sydney.

Now obviously if you fling a lot around something has got to stick eventually, but it got me thinking. What else that seemed crazy has he somehow got right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mods feel free to move or merge.

This guy gets a lot of crap for his opinions, often due to the lack of research.

However he said at end of 2021 trade period we could give top 4 a shake in 2022

He also suggested letting Grundy go before he resigned and he also suggested trading him to Sydney.

Now obviously if you fling a lot around something has got to stick eventually, but it got me thinking. What else that seemed crazy has he somehow got right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

No he's just a spiteful little man with a chip on his shoulder after being sacked but he has the cache of media employee to be able to vent his spleen whenever he feels like it - and he feels like it often.

Low life gutter crawler.

No he's just a spiteful little man with a chip on his shoulder after being sacked but he has the cache of media employee to be able to vent his spleen whenever he feels like it - and he feels like it often.

The bolded are such a common variety, unfortunately.

Pity the people with not much positive to say. Pity them, Jon.

I think the lesson in life is that if you make enough predictions, you're bound to get some right...

The other lesson is to remember when someone is discussing their legacy. For example, if a recruiter took part in assembling a list, then they are going to promote its value long after he is gone... We also saw Nathan Buckley talk up the chances of the Pies this year. His connection is more obvious, but Rendell was there when the Pies got Grundy etc. He's not an independent judge. His self-importance clouds his judgement and on this occasion, it happened to make him look good.

The reason Rendell gets trashed is because of his simplistic rules when he was drafting indigenous kids....

I thought the 2023 analysis was pretty fair. AJ needs to do more than mark and kick etc

He did a great job last year predicting a turn-around....but was he accurate with other clubs? He knows football. If people are rubbishing him because he doesnt know footy, then that's BF. I've heard a week or two of people rubbishing geelong. It's par for the course...

Low life gutter crawler.
At 200cm, he is actually a very big man, whose belly button, from your own reports, your eyes would glare at from your full height. Yet another of the members of that media conspiracy whose raison d'etre is too dig or make up dirt on Collingwood and shovel it down the throats of a hostile public gorging itself on anti-Collingwood rumour and innuendo. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Low life gutter crawler.

I don't get the impression that he's spiteful at all. He's actually constantly praising us. He just has a shitload of opinions given his platform so there's bound to be some negative ones towards us. He's a bit of a buffoon and regularly gets things wrong, but he doesn't seem do give enough of a s**t about anything to have a chip on his shoulder. This is just based on my impression from unfortunately listening to hours upon hours of him.

I don't get the impression that he's spiteful at all. He's actually constantly praising us. He just has a shitload of opinions given his platform so there's bound to be some negative ones towards us. He's a bit of a buffoon and regularly gets things wrong, but he doesn't seem do give enough of a s**t about anything to have a chip on his shoulder. This is just based on my impression from unfortunately listening to hours upon hours of him.
Well we each have our own opinions Joely and ours are diametrically opposed so further discussion is pointless.

Well we each have our own opinions Joely and ours are diametrically opposed so further discussion is pointless.
No Idea Reaction GIF by Bounce

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sound philosophy. Honestly, if the ancient Greeks had applied it then they could've saved us a lot of yada yada bull****.

most of his so called "negativity" was just him saying exactly the same stuff every poster on this board said about buckleys super boring defensive game plan

I don’t mind him, he’s not afraid to tell it how it is. Which I’d guess was the cause of him getting sacked.

He has a decent track record in talent spotting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back