Competitions Correctly pick the Round 1 team - Two Roosistence posters now up for grabs - Competition closes tonight (9/3/21)

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I’m glad it didn’t come to guerilla action but a part of me would have liked to see it 😉

The cups were never leaving to be showcased in some Gold Coast gift shop monstrosity mate.

In, bang, grab, gone. They were going to be buried deep in North Melbourne soil. Forever.

The grand final would have got off to a late start also. No person harmed though. Just disruptive political actions.

Thankfully, these plans never got off the drawing board.

The cups were never leaving to be showcased in some Gold Coast gift shop monstrosity mate.

In, bang, grab, gone. They were going to be buried deep in North Melbourne soil. Forever.
Committed to earth like Glen Archer’s medals lol. I hope you were going to leave some sort of clues so a true down the track a true Shinboner could find the lost gold cup!

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Commited to earth like Glen Archer’s medals lol.

In every sense mate. In every sense.

The sacred relics stay on holy ground. They were not to be placed on show as the conquest of some foreign victor.

I hope you were going to leave some sort of clues so a true down the track a true Shinboner could find the lost gold cup!

Nope.

(B) Corr Tarrant McDonald
(HB)Zeibell McKay Atley
(C) Polec Simpkin Anderson
(HF)Thomas Walker Taylor
(F) Zurhaar Larkey Stephenson
(R) Goldstein Cunnington LDU
(Bench) Perez Young Powell Scott

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne

(Log in to remove this ad.)

kelman

Club Legend
Apr 18, 2002
Arden Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
They printed them at the time, and they're now a collector. I'm not sure who organized it. Maybe Lidge? It was only my idea that I posted here, nothing else.

I was basically involved with media lobbying, providing elevated financial support, and planning with a few "hardcore" types in some disruptive practices. Let's just say that the premiership cups were never going to be allowed to leave North Melbourne soil, and the upcoming grand final would have been a memorable event for things other than football. Thankfully, these "guerilla actions" were never required.

However, I was only one of thousands of North fans who were involved in what came to be known as "The Roosistence", most who were acting independently or in small groups. Sonja Hood or "The Other Dean" were also just one of thousands of supporters who mobilized when the club was under threat, and it's a straight out lie to believe that they played some crucial pivotal role in the course of events.

If they ever built a statue to commemorate the supporters fight for the club in 2007, then it had better be a statue of Shane Lidgerwood. IMO, his radio commercial lobbying work was the real match that lit the fire.

you knob.

they actually did something, while you sit back and talk about the stuff you would have done (which we all know you wouldn’t).

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
you knob.

they actually did something, while you sit back and talk about the stuff you would have done (which we all know you wouldn’t).

You wouldn't know what I did because I haven't publicly declared it, much less constantly referred to it over the past 14 years in order to good bloke myself to a football forum.

True charity is done anonymously. If you had any character you would know this.

kelman

Club Legend
Apr 18, 2002
Arden Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
You wouldn't know what I did because I haven't publicly declared it, much less constantly referred to it over the past 14 years in order to good bloke myself to a football forum.

True charity is done anonymously. If you had any character you would know this.

you said what you did a few posts back. and the part about cup abduction is likely made up to make your self appear hardcore.

and they have not constantly referred to anything. there was a reminisce thread which was requested by many on here because we saw it all unfold on Bigfooty and it was an awesome display of people power.

your post is way more look at me than anything I have seen from the people who actually did something.

face facts, you are a knob.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
you said what you did a few posts back. and the part about cup abduction is likely made up to make your self appear hardcore.

and they have not constantly referred to anything. there was a reminisce thread which was requested by many on here because we saw it all unfold on Bigfooty and it was an awesome display of people power.

your post is way more look at me than anything I have seen from the people who actually did something.

face facts, you are a knob.

I'll add "kelman" to my list of people who won't send me a xmas card.

Tragic.

Imagine using Lidge's legacy to downplay the crucial role that his Roosistence partners played.

A new low.

Well said, OP.

A new low indeed.

Personally, I couldn't give a rat's what a person whose opinion doesn't matter s**t to me makes of my contribution in 2007, but any claims that Sonja didn't play an important role is utterly farcical. Reluctant as I am to give this revisionist crap any oxygen, it's worth pointing out a rather significant factoid that seems to have been missed in the retelling.

Sonja worked side-by-side with Ron during the whole relocation saga, planning and strategising closely with him every single step of the way. They were as the saying goes, 'in league together'. The influence Sonja had on RJ’s actions in 2007 cannot, and should not, be underestimated. If Ron was pivotal to the eventual success of the anti-relocation push (which he was), then it's both ludicrous and wildly uninformed to downplay Sonja's contribution in the same breath.

Truth is it's laughable for anyone outside of the Roosistence inner scrote to be speaking with authority on matters they simply weren't privy to, but that important detail seems to be lost on some, so here we are. Be that as it may, assuming one ascribes the requisite level of veracity to my words (given that I was a part of the aforementioned inner scrote and therefore can actually speak with authority on these matters), then there’s a fairly basic logic at play here – if a person isn’t aware of the close association between RJ and Sonja in 2007, any claims that person makes wrt the inner workings of Roosistence fall completely flat.

Regardless of anyone’s opinion of Sonja circa now, the above remains an unassailable fact. Lidge was indeed epic. Pharro, Northbhoy, Tim likewise. As were others. However, it was Sonja that was working side-by-side with Ron. To that end, she couldn't have been much closer to the coalface of the anti-relocation fight if she tried. Attempting to downplay her significance denotes a clear ignorance of the facts.

Last edited:

source.gif

You're all over it.

Nice one, man.

The Other Dean does my team have to be only listed players?

Knock yourself out, Chop.

That said, I can't help thinking that naming listed players will exponentially improve your chances of winning.

Just to be clear: this is a first bounce nearest the pin Deano, or just a 22 any position goes type thing?

Initial weight given to getting the 22 right.

If two or more posters finish even on that criteria, then 'number of players in the right position' becomes the next determining factor.

I know the team sheet sometimes names guys out of position wrt how they actually line-up on the day, but that's the beauty of this competition - it's acumen with a side order of luck.

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Knock yourself out, Chop.

That said, I can't help thinking that naming listed players will exponentially improve your chances of winning.

Point taken!

But I think an initial team of key players of various fields to be adjusted to our actual list might be worth a laugh.......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back