Roast Corrupt AFL Looking To Change F/S Bidding Rules

Remove this Banner Ad

Thank you, here’s something for you to munch on,
Since moving to the midfield in the last 3 games, Nick (the seagull) Daicos has averaged 8.7 clearances per game.
(A lazy 29 disposals 2 goals and 11 clearances last night)

Thats more than the 2023 per game averages of Lachie Neale (8.5), Darcy Parish (8.2), Matt Rowell (7.9), the Bont (7.6), and Liberatore (7.6).The five leading clearance players in the competition, :)
Congratulations for supporting the most favoured team in the most compromised league in the world.

What a shallow flag.

Well this was predictable as hell. As soon as non-Vic clubs start to benefit they go ahead and review the rules.

With more Victorian club F/S selections on the horizon still it will be interesting to see how they try to thread the needle.
I cant imagine the rules will be effective immediately, it probably be a few years to come into effect surely?

A few Clubs would have already dedicate resources into potential F/S.

I cant imagine the rules will be effective immediately, it probably be a few years to come into effect surely?

Depends who the clubs are as to how AFL House will deal with the situation.

Did Walker actually say it to an indigenous player or was overheard? Thought it was the latter.
The latter, he was referring to Robbie Young of Nth Adelaide who was having a day out beating up the 18 year olds in our midfield, Tex was giving Matt Crouch an almighty spray for not protecting them when he dropped the bomb. Was overheard by a Crows runner who lodged a complaint.

Well this was predictable as hell. As soon as non-Vic clubs start to benefit they go ahead and review the rules.

With more Victorian club F/S selections on the horizon still it will be interesting to see how they try to thread the needle.

It needs to happen, though I'd like to see the Northern Academies brought to similar levels as the rest.

Especially before Carlton benefits with the Camporeale twins.

No, I think you could assume a change to the '24 rules if they're looking at it now.

I think you can also expect it being brought in line with NGA and not the system being scrapped.

So my take on this is that the value of the FS, academy etc. bids is not the 20% discount but is the ability to treat picks as points when other teams can’t do this.

So to fix this I think we get rid of awarding draft picks but award all teams points based on their finish. These can be traded and swapped amongst teams for future points.

Then on draft night teams bid on a draft pick. The winning team chooses a player. If it is a FS (for example) the father’s team has the option to match at the same price paid for the pick. If they don’t match the bidding team gets the player.

I think this has a lot of benefits:
It makes trading easier (you pay x points for y player. No more overly complicated trades),
it makes balancing your team easier because you can be more strategic in the draft,
it values players more accurately when there are 2 or 3 standouts in a draft,
it stops clubs sending multiple crap picks to get one good pick, and
It means that teams aren’t stuck with tail-end picks that are worthless because they don’t have enough spots.

The latter, he was referring to Robbie Young of Nth Adelaide who was having a day out beating up the 18 year olds in our midfield, Tex was giving Matt Crouch an almighty spray for not protecting them when he dropped the bomb. Was overheard by a Crows runner who lodged a complaint.
Nowhere near the version I was told, dead and buried let sleeping dogs lie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Review the rules, fair enough. But if it's it changed with less than a years notice, it compromises the trade period. Teams plan for it. We are making moves now with Welsh in mind. So to change now would be pulling the rug out from beneath us. They HAVE to give a minimum 2 years notice for a change surely.
Yeah, the introduction of future pick trading has changed the playing field such that they can't fairly make significant changes to trade / draft rules without that 2 year's notice since teams have already traded players / picks in and out with an eye to next year under the current rules. Although fairness is not really something very high on the AFL's list of priorities, so just watch them do it anyway.

Where is that runner now?

So my take on this is that the value of the FS, academy etc. bids is not the 20% discount but is the ability to treat picks as points when other teams can’t do this.

So to fix this I think we get rid of awarding draft picks but award all teams points based on their finish. These can be traded and swapped amongst teams for future points.

Then on draft night teams bid on a draft pick. The winning team chooses a player. If it is a FS (for example) the father’s team has the option to match at the same price paid for the pick. If they don’t match the bidding team gets the player.

I think this has a lot of benefits:
It makes trading easier (you pay x points for y player. No more overly complicated trades),
it makes balancing your team easier because you can be more strategic in the draft,
it values players more accurately when there are 2 or 3 standouts in a draft,
it stops clubs sending multiple crap picks to get one good pick, and
It means that teams aren’t stuck with tail-end picks that are worthless because they don’t have enough spots.

I think the first round should have no discount because they are getting a good player guaranteed, no other club can have him. I think that way all clubs know the price instead of getting it easy.
Look at Heeney, was guaranteed to Sydney even though he was a pick 2. Discount is corrupt and gives clubs easy outs and then trade out all their good picks for late picks.
The first round should be fair

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Have you seen the first round bust rate?

Don’t care, think every club should have an opportunity to draft a top talent. The draft has become a bit of a shambles in my eyes with all this Academy and F/S crap. I pick 10 could be eventually pick 15, the AFL is compromised enough without the draft being this bidding system and the 20% discount crap.
I hate the idea that a club like the GC can trade pick 4 like it has no value for 7 or 8 second rounders for points.

Don’t care, think every club should have an opportunity to draft a top talent. The draft has become a bit of a shambles in my eyes with all this Academy and F/S crap. I pick 10 could be eventually pick 15, the AFL is compromised enough without the draft being this bidding system and the 20% discount crap.
I hate the idea that a club like the GC can trade pick 4 like it has no value for 7 or 8 second rounders for points.

Sorry, first you said that a first round pick is a guaranteed good player; and now you don’t care about the high bust rate?

Sorry, first you said that a first round pick is a guaranteed good player; and now you don’t care about the high bust rate?

I feel that every team should have a fair chance to pick a player on the first round. The draft is a joke with all these GC picks. Judging potential is difficult but you have a better chance in the first round

I feel that every team should have a fair chance to pick a player on the first round. The draft is a joke with all these GC picks. Judging potential is difficult but you have a better chance in the first round

I thought every club did have a fair chance to pick a player in the first round. Some of them trade that option away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back