Cory Bernardi

Remove this Banner Ad

The Gangster Branch of the ALP.:rolleyes:

Like the NSW upper house with 11 Liberals having to resign due to ICAC sorting them out.

No party is without their own rotten branches.

The Tasmanian opposition leader Bryan Green should have spent time at her majesty's pleasure some time ago. Even the Libs here tried to bribe to bring down a Labour gument.

All rotten. Even Hanson is tainted.

NDIS, Gonski and the carbon tax were all during her time as PM. It's just a shame the Libs tore up the carbon tax, are in the process of defunding Gonski and laying the groundwork for the same to the NDIS.
I'm for Gonski and I've always thought that teachers (and police) need to be much higher educated, paid, respected. I was a high performer at School and Uni, no one I hung out with considered teaching, it was law, engineering or commerce mainly. I would be happy to pay a teachers levy.
I'm not sold on a carbon tax, I work in an industry that profitedered from it (not me personally but I saw what went on and people made a lot of money that didn't deserve it) it wasn't executed at all well. Carbon trading, carbon credits. Why? It made unfeasible projects feasible. Maybe I remember Gillard as just that, some good ideas but poor execution, and thanks for jogging my memory.
Are there any long lasting benefits from Gillard, in the end she couldn't lead. She never won a majority parliament which I think says something about the publics perception of her ability to initiate real positive change.

Like the NSW upper house with 11 Liberals having to resign due to ICAC sorting them out.

No party is without their own rotten branches.

The Tasmanian opposition leader Bryan Green should have spent time at her majesty's pleasure some time ago. Even the Libs here tried to bribe to bring down a Labour gument.

All rotten. Even Hanson is tainted.

All true, but the NSW ALP has for decades and decades consistently been in a class of its own.
If Frank Hardy's Power Without Glory had been set in/around the NSW ALP rather than the Victorian ALP, it would have run 10 times as long as War and Peace.

I'm for Gonski and I've always thought that teachers (and police) need to be much higher educated, paid, respected. I was a high performer at School and Uni, no one I hung out with considered teaching, it was law, engineering or commerce mainly. I would be happy to pay a teachers levy.
I'm not sold on a carbon tax, I work in an industry that profitedered from it (not me personally but I saw what went on and people made a lot of money that didn't deserve it) it wasn't executed at all well. Carbon trading, carbon credits. Why? It made unfeasible projects feasible. Maybe I remember Gillard as just that, some good ideas but poor execution, and thanks for jogging my memory.
Are there any long lasting benefits from Gillard, in the end she couldn't lead. She never won a majority parliament which I think says something about the publics perception of her ability to initiate real positive change.

But for a few thousand votes, she would've led a comfortable majority government. And don't forget this current PM is holding onto a knife edge in the House of Reps too. With the primary vote dropping for both the ALP and coalition in recent years this sort of thing is not unusual any more.

In the end like I said before history will be kind on her. The carbon tax was poorly executed but it was a sound theory and a tried and tested method overseas to help address carbon emissions.

But for a few thousand votes, she would've led a comfortable majority government. And don't forget this current PM is holding onto a knife edge in the House of Reps too. With the primary vote dropping for both the ALP and coalition in recent years this sort of thing is not unusual any more.

In the end like I said before history will be kind on her. The carbon tax was poorly executed but it was a sound theory and a tried and tested method overseas to help address carbon emissions.
I don't think many will remember Turnbull, seems like a nice guy but fish out of water. Would have been a decent guy to deal with in business I think.

NDIS will be her biggest achievement and one that should be admired. The Libs are chipping away it, delaying, but ultimately will be forced to adopt it because the public realise it's a sound safety net. It's the kind of welfare everyone agrees government should provide.

I don't think many will remember Turnbull, seems like a nice guy but fish out of water. Would have been a decent guy to deal with in business I think.

He's a touch too indecisive and people-pleasing to be a really strong leader. Also his background does not exactly attune him to the needs of ordinary Australians.

He's a touch too indecisive and people-pleasing to be a really strong leader. Also his background does not exactly attune him to the needs of ordinary Australians.
Agree, he just comes across as a rich old dude saying why can't you poor people just be a bit richer like I am and we'd all be cool. I don't think he is that person but I could see why people would think that.

NDIS will be her biggest achievement and one that should be admired. The Libs are chipping away it, delaying, but ultimately will be forced to adopt it because the public realise it's a sound safety net. It's the kind of welfare everyone agrees government should provide.
It's not a safety net or welfare. There are a lot of problems with the NDIS.

Setting up the RC into Child abuse in institutions was hers too.

Yep, just another piece of s**t ALP vapourware policy like Gonksi. I'm still amazed at the number of idiots pulled in by Gillard.

You sound like all the no-longer-Young Libs I see shout-posting on the facebook wall of one I knew at Uni, not a correct or original thought between them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, just another piece of s**t ALP vapourware policy like Gonksi. I'm still amazed at the number of idiots pulled in by Gillard.

Don't forget Tones portrayed a clear semetic agenda. Despite that religion killing his supposed savior. Ethnocentrism by the private sector results in greater social opportunities above all others where only one group ("haves") are given a realistic opportunity of grasping a career in controlling our banks, media and medical sector.

Seafarers? Who gives a * about those! They can easily be re-purposed at Macca's/KFC before the 457 workers. If they expect better then I expect them to apply towards a better education over dropping an anchor in a special sequence and knowing a few knots from kidscouts. I wouldn't even be aware seafarers existed until they played the sooking bitch card in the media as all those inept pathetic farmers have so long before them. I've learned almost every trade off youtube this year. Yet Fourier series still *s with my head after years of trying to comprehend it. Yet concretors (sand artists) are on par with those actually building our infastructure! Not simply assembling it like lego ie our construction industry. Would like to see these construction workers paid more around the 30-40 an hour mark (still lucrative compared to the not much less skilled macca's option). Yet for some reason they're paid 80 an hour. Even a regular car mechanic charges 70-90hrs these days. They can't engineer a successful themselves, only put together someone elses hard work. I do that career in my spare time as a hobby it's a joke! A qualified auto mechanic should be no better off than Macca's workers! Yet earns more than the average c++ programmer. And around the same as the mechanic engineer whoms work he feeds off for a career.

Last edited:
You sound like all the no-longer-Young Libs I see shout-posting on the facebook wall of one I knew at Uni, not a correct or original thought between them

Try arguing the point.

One thing I love about this forum is the silly abuse I've copped over the last 15 years, ranging from being called a fascist to a communist to a rusted on out of touch Keating fan and now a "no-longer-Young Lib".

Check out my posts for the last few years and particularly when Turnbull became PM - hardly pro-Liberal.

Right wing Trumpwannabees tearing each other apart to be Australias Trump, and Turnbull decides Shorten is his worst enemy.

Trump isnt even right wing hes an opportunist exploiting a protest vote (which went against the incumbent coalition at the last election by the way)

best thing is even if one Trumpwannabee does emerge, the very vehicle which could possibly get them to power could be farked

Check out my posts for the last few years and particularly when Turnbull became PM - hardly pro-Liberal.

Funnily enough, most of those ex-Young Liberals aren't pro Malcolm either, because they're convinced he's not a Liberal, and is bringing the party to ruin by ignoring the true conservative base of the party.

Which is hilarious, because Malcolm is the most correct, and in line with the historical Liberal party leader they've had in decades, and the conservative base is the recently tacked on fiction.

Funnily enough, most of those ex-Young Liberals aren't pro Malcolm either, because they're convinced he's not a Liberal, and is bringing the party to ruin by ignoring the true conservative base of the party.

Which is hilarious, because Malcolm is the most correct, and in line with the historical Liberal party leader they've had in decades, and the conservative base is the recently tacked on fiction.

Australia is not conservative in the US style. We dont have the same level of religious stupidity they have to put up with. We have some & we need to be mindful as to how nasty & dangerous they can be. If they'd stick to saving their own souls & caring assistance stuff to the less fortunate, then fine. But they just cant help trying to force their views on others. Thats certainly not Liberal!!

Malcolm doesn't have to play the heavy attacking leader either. Most of us are sick of that childish shyte. Just focus on fair, equitable economic policy. Fair, equitable social policy & ignore the noisy stupid loony left & psycho 'Alt' right of politics.
The pressure is then on Shorten to do the same.
May the best policies win :)

Ex leaders need to retire, particularly if they have been PM

ALP never looked backwards since Rudd and Gillard did the right thing

If the libs now get another PM, its one more faction to deal with (If malcolm doesnt retire - but that would mean a by-election)

Maybe Cory got tapped on the shoulder that he'd wanna pack his s**t before THIS happened at the Q-Society charity gala circle jerk last night.....

16640624_996243873842503_4593727258979211244_n.jpg

Lazza - hates gays but loves drawing naked men

Remove this Banner Ad

Back