Cory Bernardi

Remove this Banner Ad

So did he?
Yes
Before quickly going back on the 18c crusade.

Was hilarious reading the replies on his blog , they're all so unhinged they don't even care if they go each other.

" THE PERENNIALLY ANGRY "

One can only assume that if Marcus Trumball allows " Curious George " to attend this event as a member of the LNP that he must agree with the views being shat out.........................................................

The 'right' of politics seems tearing itself apart.. Splintering itself over social issues more than anything else.
I guess the good thing about Trump is that some of hateful conservatives have been emboldened enough to put their heads up over the trenches.
So now we can see a bit of honesty coming out. We can start to see What some really stand for.
Its gunna get real interesting.

The 'right' of politics seems tearing itself apart.. Splintering itself over social issues more than anything else.
I guess the good thing about Trump is that some of hateful conservatives have been emboldened enough to put their heads up over the trenches.
So now we can see a bit of honesty coming out. We can start to see What some really stand for.
Its gunna get real interesting.
And this is where a few have mentioned line in the sand time. There is still time for Malcolm to call them all out and send them to Coventry. Run the country with those he can trust and aren't going to batshit themselves all over the scales.

Take the 2 years and show the people he can control his party, otherwise oblivion.

And this is where a few have mentioned line in the sand time. There is still time for Malcolm to call them all out and send them to Coventry. Run the country with those he can trust and aren't going to batshit themselves all over the scales.

Take the 2 years and show the people he can control his party, otherwise oblivion.

It sort makes me think of the Tet offensive of 1968. The Viet Cong got carried away, stuck their heads up & promptly got smashed. It was a tactical disaster. I guess, like then, the proof for Bernardi etc will be the Strategic outcome. This isnt the USA,(nor Vietnam ;) ) so it'll be very interesting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

John Howard bought into it and it delivered him a decade in office. What cost Howard was Workchoices, which was the opposite of being ALP lite.

I'm mid-40s, and I've been a mostly Liberal voter since Howard. I voted Liberal half a dozen times in a row until Tony Abbott became PM. Trust me on this, the biggest turn-off in voting Liberal again is the conservative right like Abbott and Bernardi & Co.
Honestly unless you are in a marginal your best use of vote is to marginalise your seat.

Off course not. Xsess, like Bolt, reckon that Bolt is the center and anything to the left of him is, well, left and the Federal Labor Party are way left and the Greens are extreme left. On the other had, Bernardi is just center-right, hahahahahahahahahahahaah... I'm sorry, I just can't stop laughing at the thought that Bernardi is center-right. hahahahaha !!!
I suspect most people think they are centre.

True, but the issue is a bit less clear when it comes to above the line voting in the Senate. Yes, in theory, you are voting for the party's candidates, but in reality, a Vote 1 Liberal Party would feel like an endorsement of the party.

If Cory dropped dead yesterday, his replacement would have come from the Libs, not a by-election.
And if he drops dead today is it a full by election? That would be expensive.

Bolt must despair of his comments section. He likes to present himself as a serious and considered public commentator but his easily-triggered mouth breathing fan base can barely form a coherent sentence in response to his posts.

On SGP511 using BigFooty.com mobile app
If Bolt lost his commentators though what "base" would he have to justify his existence as someone who "matters" when it comes to his commentary?

If Bolt lost his commentators though what "base" would he have to justify his existence as someone who "matters" when it comes to his commentary?

He has a record of actively encouraging idiot comments, refusing to effectively moderate the comments, and then throwing his hands up in the air "not my fault" when one becomes a public issue because it's so obnoxious that even his scum supporters wince.

He has a record of actively encouraging idiot comments, refusing to effectively moderate the comments, and then throwing his hands up in the air "not my fault" when one becomes a public issue because it's so obnoxious that even his scum supporters wince.
Plenty of people who know better use the same tactic. Throw fuel on the fire in order to get ratings/attention/get paid, then throw their hands up when they burn things down.

He would probably justify it on HS circulation figures, I reckon. Like you suggest, he comes across as someone desperate to be important on the national stage, but it seems to me his quest is undermined by his idiotic followers. Random example: I was reading one of his hit pieces on the NBN last year and one of his thralls made the illuminating comment that "fibre will always be better than wifi because light travels faster than sound".

Unless that was a troll. Anyone here going to put their hand up?

He would probably justify it on HS circulation figures, I reckon. Like you suggest, he comes across as someone desperate to be important on the national stage, but it seems to me his quest is undermined by his idiotic followers. Random example: I was reading one of his hit pieces on the NBN last year and one of his thralls made the illuminating comment that "fibre will always be better than wifi because light travels faster than sound".

I wonder if he just pays for comments from Bangladesh/India like the LNP does.

He's been writing for them since the late 90s.
Since 2002, the daily circulation has declined from 549,000 to 318,000.
The slide is due to many factors, but it's hard to say he's done anything to stop it.
I would suggest that Murdoch retains him as a propagandist to the Australian version of Trump's braindead demographic.

He's been writing for them since the late 90s.
Since 2002, the daily circulation has declined from 549,000 to 318,000.
The slide is due to many factors, but it's hard to say he's done anything to stop it.
I would suggest that Murdoch retains him as a propagandist to the Australian version of Trump's braindead demographic.
Deep conservatism is the most interesting thing about Bolt and Bernadi. Beyond that, both have the personality of a piece of cardboard. Nothing like their US counterparts. Maybe it's Rupert who should despair the quality of his useful idiots here in Australia.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back