Opinion Cos Cardone - The ‘Clearly Conflicted’ ( per Caroline Wilson ) PAFC 2022 Version of Philby, Burgess, Maclean, Blunt, and Alger Hiss

Remove this Banner Ad

Try to think like Koch. It makes a lot of sense.

Cardone has a high position in the TV industry; has entrance in important footy circles. Koch saw someone that would help him have direct access to those people and to fit in among them.

This could even bear fruits to Port along the way. Win-Win!

Try to think like an AFL-House Stalin, appointing political commissars into every State-owned entity (ie every entity) to report back on everyone, even into the secret police, who were already reporting to him. That Koch may or may not have suggested Cardone publicly or internally as a board member is pretty much irrelevant. It was performative behaviour.

tl;dr "ugly truth" version: we are effectively controlled by AFL House at this time, therefore Cos does not have an unresolvable conflict of interest.

I feel sick

The only reason the board is not negligent and in breach of it's duties in keeping Cardone is because the "members of the club" the board are accountable to are actually the members of the board itself according to our constitution.

Hence it is the responsibility of the board to be self serving and self preserving.

What a system!

Koch Out signs are great.
I agree with this tactic and would encourage a group of supporters to get together (strength in numbers) to hand out printed signs at the various entry gates at Adelaide Oval so 'Koch Out' can be seen all over the ground. I could even see Crows supporters hold them up, NTUA can take a back seat for all I care.

Given the rivalry between television networks there is no way that it wouldn't be a talking point in the media.
Any pressure that is applied to Koch is a focus that is indirectly placed on his employer.

Keep the campaign going into the AFLW season, let's make him feel very uncomfortable for as long as it takes.

If a trusted Poster on this board set up a 'Go Fund Me' page I'd happily donate to the cost of the signs.

Last edited:
This thread needs more attention!

Kochie appointment and those who followed are not at the club for its benefit

View attachment 1819837

Cos Cardone should be “persona non grata” in Alberton since 1990.

He’s in the board, instead.

This appointment is an impeachable offense by itself alone.

Cardone was/is head of the Marketing Committee.

I say was, because the 2020 yearbook was the last one produced by the club and there is no way of confirming this.

A director is head of 6 of the 8 committees, the only two where a director isn't, is The History Committee and the The Life Member and Awards Committee.

I was told by someone on the committee that before Covid hit, Cardone shut down discussion he didn't like, ie Prison Bar stuff, and conveniently committee meetings were just cancelled because the chair of the committee couldn't travel to Adelaide to be present. On the committee is/was someone who set up a whole services industry in Oz in the 1980s, (with voluminous marketing experience), that has only grown over time. That individual's contribution was ignored when it didn't fit the Cardone play book.

Last edited:
Cardone was/is head of the Marketing Committee.

I say was, because the 2020 yearbook was the last one produced by the club and there is no way of confirming this.

A director is head of 6 of the 8 committees, the only two where a director isn't, is The History Committee and the The Life Member and Awards Committee.

I was told by someone on the committee that before Covid hit, Cardone shut down discussion he didn't like, ie Prison Bar stuff, and conviently committee meetings were just cancelled because the chair of the committee couldn't travel to Adelaide to be present. On the committee is/was someone who set up a whole services industry in Oz in the 1980s, (with voluminous marketing experience), that has only grown over time. That individual's contribution was ignored when it didn't fit the Cardone play book.

Is it any wonder Port Adelaide fundamentalists are increasingly portrayed as enemies of the regime.

Pretty clear that the admin’s agenda now runs counter to the best interests and raison d’être of the club itself.

Makes sense why all our marketing and branding has reverted back to teal and white or black and teal with references to Port Power. Social media feed, emails and advertising is all teal now. No black and white to be seen.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Makes sense why all our marketing and branding has reverted back to teal and white or black and teal with references to Port Power. Social media feed, emails and advertising is all teal now. No black and white to be seen.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
A part of me accepts this because the current club is not Port Adelaide. Everything we do is exactly what Port Power stands for and nothing to do with what Port Adelaide stood for.

A part of me accepts this because the current club is not Port Adelaide. Everything we do is exactly what Port Power stands for and nothing to do with what Port Adelaide stood for.
I'm the same. I have the image of Hinkley at the B&F faking emotion (not for the first time I might add) burnt into my brain. I feel nothing but nausea.

1697182209337.jpeg

and guess who is inside....

37c36e14b3a2434b8c4cf49ccaf3e92b

Remove this Banner Ad

Back