MRP / Trib. Cotch gets a fine - opposition supporters welcome to discuss the overall agenda.

Is the AFL nothing more than a body corporate putting money ahead of fans and integrity?

• Yes - it has no integrity

Votes: 34 94.4%
  • no - i feel everything is A-Ok and peachy keen. I also drink cool aid and wear a tin foil hat.

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • I don't understand the OP, I just see Cotchin in the title and go from there.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

* - all this dissection of Cotchin's jumper punch - commentators suggesting it was "obviously deliberate"... that he targeted the chin...
Push and shove, he looked away and gave one final push which went high and glanced the chin.
Not deliberate, careless - $1000 is appropriate.

Op,what are you on?
Did you see the punch?

Wouldn't knock over an old lady with a walking stick ffs.

Commentators went into hysterics over it,disgraceful.

Smasha, stop being my grand final. The point of the OP is that marquee players get looked after by the mrp and that Cotchin getting off just further highlights the lack of integrity the game now has.

Right, while i'm on a roll, just read that Cotchin got a $1k fine for his jumper punch. Now, we have been kissed on the pecker here, because I was convinced he was getting a week. It leads me to this point which I totally agree with Wayne Carey.
The stars of the game get preferential treatment at the MRP over the lesser lights. If Jake Batchelor or even a Caddy had of done that, the player would of got a week. But, because it's a profile player, they get off. While i am happy for once it went our way, over all, it's another aspect of the fraudulence and bullshit brand protectionism dished out by the AFL. Nank and Fyfe, what was the difference in their discretions? I'll tell you what it was. One is a former brownlow medallist coming back from injury in a team which was struggling at the time versus a ruckman with no prior convictions but isn't a brand player in a team going at 5-1 at the time. Over the falseness.
Happens with frees as well.Some like cotch get away with things more than your ave player.

It's all rubbish how they go about it.. chest punches and forearms and pissy hip and shoulders . Then get all up in arms if one goes a bit high. I'd like it all stopped completely because we all know it's leading no where and just makes our players look like girls ..handbags at 10 paces etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

generally i do not like the jumper punching or the sly whacks to the stomach.

it does not set a good example for junior football either.

either steep fines or suspensions would fix it.

i do think cotch was fortunate as well.

Footy has been on a downward spiral ever since the day the main focus of the top league changed from running a fair and equal competition to maximising revenue and growth. Whenever that day was was a dark day.

I mean fancy 2 new teams being added to a comp, funded by the comp, strategically placed in areas that couldn't give a rat's tossbag about the game, whilst ignoring an entire state that is a footy heartland and has produced a distinguished list of players among the greatest ever to play the game! So what if their crowds are smaller. I reckon they'd be bigger than the 10,000 the GC vacationers are attracting. And they actually care.

As if that's not bad enough, to then openly manipulate the new temas' performance with concessions and allowances because it's for the good of the game, never mind that it's at the expense of the hundreds of thousands of engaged fans whose teams are getting shafted by the whole situation and to add insult to injury, it's their money that's paying for the whole debacle.

And fancy playing most teams once, but a few twice. And what's with playing Etihad tenants at Etihad when it's our home game, and how the * are teams like Melbourne ever going to get anywhere when their TV coverage is so pathetic? Norf the Saints too for that matter. But naturally if you don't draw, you're relegated to the poxy SUnday evening slot and that makes it impossible to build your attendance.

Too many teams means the s**t ones are being artificially supported by the stronger ones when in reality they should be left to either sink or swim for the good of the comp. There should be a maximum of 6 teams in Victoria. So we lose 4 and what do you know, now instead of playing 5 teams twice, we're playing 10 teams twice and all of a sudden, the unfair draw is that much less unfair. Heaven forbid they stop with these ridiculous themes (I mean the country round is already a bit of a stretch after what, 2-3 years?) and "blockbuster" games, and actually run the draw like i don't know... a draw... like drawn at random???

/rant

But I could keep going for a week.

Last edited:
Different side of the country but the blokes on radio here tonight was wondering how he got off so lightly and used other examples of where blokes got as much as 4 weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Footy has been on a downward spiral ever since the day the main focus of the top league changed from running a fair and equal competition to maximizing revenue and growth. Whenever that day was a dark day.
That day was the beginning of 1990. The day the VFL turned into the AFL. Even back then, they were warning footy supporters that if you didn't like corporatised sport, look elsewhere. From then on, it became about the money.

No offence but put your tin foil hat back on.
People want to see the best players out there every week.
A fine is way better for the game than rubbing someone out for that.
Well that's never going to happen when you have Taggers that hold the best players...
Still remember Cotch wearing a tagging Collingwood player like a back pack for 4 quarters and the white maggots doing nothing about it...
But oh yeah MRC and umps and Television can clearly see cotch's jumper punch played ad in finitim...
Umpire the unfair/illegal tagging tactics...and let the good players play...
Cotch ought to have got a week off...

Back