MRP / Trib. Cotch gets a fine - opposition supporters welcome to discuss the overall agenda.

Is the AFL nothing more than a body corporate putting money ahead of fans and integrity?

• Yes - it has no integrity

Votes: 34 94.4%
  • no - i feel everything is A-Ok and peachy keen. I also drink cool aid and wear a tin foil hat.

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • I don't understand the OP, I just see Cotchin in the title and go from there.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I know where captain is going with this and he is right to a degree, I think when certain players might miss certain awards that would make the AFL look embarrassed they tend to give leniency.

But the biggest joke was when Ablett lashed out with an elbow and the AFL and the broadcaster only released one camera angle and it happened to be the worst one at that, if they release other angles it would be shown Ablett to be guilty and led to a suspension and ineligible for the brownlow in which he went on to win.

I know where captain is going with this and he is right to a degree, I think when certain players might miss certain awards that would make the AFL look embarrassed they tend to give leniency.

But the biggest joke was when Ablett lashed out with an elbow and the AFL and the broadcaster only released one camera angle and it happened to be the worst one at that, if they release other angles it would be shown Ablett to be guilty and led to a suspension and ineligible for the brownlow in which he went on to win.
Most corrupt sporting body in the world, and I include FIFA in that list

So you don't understand the concept of marquee players get looked after by the mrp for the same offences which see lesser lights get suspended. You want me to go through history and highlight things?
You are being pretty condescending CB17. Yes I understand the 'concept' and yes I would like more than one example of the AFL giving marquee players an arm chair ride from the MRP. I suspect a few Melbourne supporters may take issue with your theory given that Lewis (who you stated gets away with being a sniper) copped a 3 week ban recently and Hogan, who is not only a rising gun, but was dealing with a gravely ill father at the time of his 2 week suspension.

So please, go ahead and go through history and highlight things. Be sure to show both sides of the coin though. Cheers.

Most corrupt sporting body in the world, and I include FIFA in that list
The druggies getting looked after shows that, luckily the big boys stepped in.

On a side note sunshine, have you seen the Sportsbet ad with Ben Johnson and co promoting sportsbets jacked up promotion, my question is why did they ask Ben and co when they had 34 cheats right on their doorstep.

Just like Judd's elbow on Pavlich.

The druggies getting looked after shows that, luckily the big boys stepped in.

On a side note sunshine, have you seen the Sportsbet ad with Ben Johnson and co promoting sportsbets jacked up promotion, my question is why did they ask Ben and co when they had 34 cheats right on their doorstep.
I did see it and the context of the ad was disgusting, but to be expected in Australia, the whole thing was a celebration of cheating

Guys and lady friends, it's a discussion point raised after Cotch got off. Not on Cotch per say, but the inconsistencies of the mrp and that due to the lack of integrity in our game, good players get off for the same indiscretions that lesser players get suspended for.

Have to get elton to jumper punch a bloke and see what happens so we can compare

The thing to take from todays decision is dont look at the bloke you are punching, sets a dangerous precedent

Lets be honest this game has gone to the dogs, the idiot running it is clueless and needs to be sacked, why in f@k$ name cant they leave the damn rules alone train the umpires to understand football and damn well get rid of their mikes, the little bastards love the media attention, when in reality most of us don't give a stuff who razor is or any of them, much like children the flogs should be seen but not heard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

omg so neale didnt die?

according to the commentators on the day it was an act only punishable by death

Last edited:
One sided reporting of the incident with the usual anti Richmond flogs chiming in. There was nothing in the incident plus the media hasn't dwelt on the Freo players getting stuck into Cotch before that happened.

Back