Cotchin Jumper punch on Neale

How many weeks?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Punch is a Punch - a couple mm of fabric does nothing to soften the blow

I hate that the jumper punch is a part of the game. Just play the game

Should get 1-2 weeks, but will probably get nothing thanks to the incompetent MRP

i agree should get one, but franklin did the same thing last week and nothing. if cotchin gets a week, it will just show up the bullshit the mrp is

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Punch is a Punch - a couple mm of fabric does nothing to soften the blow

I always thought it was the fact that by holding the jumper you couldn't take a large swing. More like a jab. Generally less force.

Haven't seen this incident yet.

Jumper punches and gut punches, particularly when not expected, should both cop a suspension.
No need for it.
I hate the cowardly gut punch like what happened last week by Cameron I think just before Waites tackle that cost him a week. You can wind up and deliberately punch someone who isn't expecting it behind play and drop them for a fine. Tackle someone in play too hard and cop a week. yeah that's fair.

Those in charge always talk about the look of the game and how what is done at AFL level get's replicated in the lower and younger grades. The fact gut punches and jumper punches seem to just get a "you naughty boy cough up some money" tell's me they don't mind 12 yr olds punching each other behind play.

Don't even think he will get fined, Neale was just surprised and off guard which made it look worse

If he gets 1 week, can hear Charlie Cameron laughing all the way from Adelaide

Back