Cotchin Kicks Walker & Cops A Fine !!

Remove this Banner Ad

Just saw the replay and totally nothing in it, it was a fairy tap. Someone other than Cotchin and people on here would say nothing about it. Players do it all the time when they take a mark and their legs go up in the air. Walker:"oh, if it was me I would have got 4 weeks for it." Yer, such a victim. Tell someone who cares ****wit.
I'm shocked how many people want to see him or anyone suspended for that. Using a freeze frame of a split second incident of a bloke doing an off balance backwards somersault and kicking his legs up after being pushed over the boundary line is laughable. It was a kick sure, but * me that is not worth anything more than a fine. If it was anyone else bar Tony Greene probably not even that.

Tex's tears are good though. Nearly every player bar probably mitch Robinson would've said nah there was nothing in it. Not the big Texan though. Had to sook up again.

Ben Brown elbows a bloke flush in the head off the ball and gets a week and people want the above to get the same? :drunk:

He is involved in the incident. My point is about a broader issue. This isn't a Cotchin hunt. It is about getting rid of the coward crap. It just so happens that Cotchin is now one incident. It isn't hard to separate that.
There's nothing cowardly about trying to shatter the shins of a Klansman.

It's unbelievable that people like you are going way harder to condemn a bloke who gave someone a light kick on a footy field than you are on a terrible scum of the Earth racist.

Comparing it to Pickett coming out of jail and being forgiven is laughable. Pickett didn't come out of jail and announce to the world on Twitter that he was back with a sunglasses emoji as if nothing ever happened. He put his head down and quietly went about making a better life for himself and his family. He didn't blame anyone else.

But he could have. Unlike Walker, who was coming from a position of privilege and power, Pickett was just a product of his upbringing in a world that still doesn't seem to care.

We shouldn't be giving air time to Walker or siding with him when he's booed or given a light kick. We should be telling him to shut the fu** up, put his ego aside and start working on becoming a better person.
The Adelaide Crows Twitter account posted the sunnies emoji, what on earth has that got to do with Tex? He isn’t the clubs social media manager

Do you get a week for an intentional trip? This is intentionally kicking someone in the thigh/body. Is sticking the boots out like Toby Green now just a fine??

The worst one was Nankervis diving TWICE didn't even get an "explanation". They just didn't even review it. What's the point of a fine for staging if both Hawkins and Nankervis don't get fined? How much clearer could you get?

I'm OK with Cotchin being fined for this - it was misconduct but he barely made contact

Need a scorecard for this thread. ;)
All who lessen Cotchin's action by saying it didn't hurt TW are in the 'result' camp, while those lobby that it was a non-football action are firmly in the 'intent' camp.
Lets see how those same voices argue in the next incident. Will there be consistency? :)

I am with 'intent' in all things MRO. Anything that looks like a punch, non-footy kick, off the ball elbow, then start at a week and go up. eff 'reckless'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just hope his foot can recover in time like the time Dylan Shiel headbutted his elbow.

So you condone violence? Tex made a mistake and paid the ultimate price but at least he is not a dirty little sniper like the person in question.

Lol ultimate price. Lucky he is in the league he is, most other professional leagues he would have been cancelled out of the game. A slap on the wrist really and the boys club media will look after him.

Not excusing the Cotchin act it was dumb and lucky not to cop a week. Shows how bright old Tex is though, who in their right mind would think it's a good idea to get yourself back in the news right after getting back from a suspension for racism.

I'm shocked how many people want to see him or anyone suspended for that. Using a freeze frame of a split second incident of a bloke doing an off balance backwards somersault and kicking his legs up after being pushed over the boundary line is laughable. It was a kick sure, but fu** me that is not worth anything more than a fine. If it was anyone else bar Tony Greene probably not even that.

Tex's tears are good though. Nearly every player bar probably mitch Robinson would've said nah there was nothing in it. Not the big Texan though. Had to sook up again.

Ben Brown elbows a bloke flush in the head off the ball and gets a week and people want the above to get the same? :drunk:
It's Richmond bro.

Not much force to it but such a grubby little act. Doesn’t look good, imagine being a Brit coming over to Australia and telling them about the AFL. They watch a game and see that, and don’t see any cards go up, or any discipline to the player on field - not even a free kick. They’d be bewildered, you can barely miss the ball when challenging in soccer and get carded for it, at the very least you’d give away a free kick.

We are miles off of having a reputable umpiring and match review system. How this doesn’t get a week ban is beyond me. However, imagine the uproar had this gotten a week when Darcy Gardiner took a free hit into another blokes back and got a fine for it? Comical that Cotchin’s dinky kick got the same punishment as that.

Something has got to change. Also, for those suggesting Cotchin is dirty - I don’t think so. Toes the line a bit and does some questionable stuff but certainly not dirty. This was s**t, but it’s not representative of a whole career of dirtbag acts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back