COTCHIN OVER Murphy... does anyone agree

Remove this Banner Ad

demon_fanatic

Premiership Player
May 8, 2006
bayswater
AFL Club
Melbourne
Put this on my facebook and got shot down basically.. I see cotchin as a better linebreaker... quicker and as damaging kick.. Murphy i think is going to come back a tad this year if he keeps getting number 1 tag and Judd doesn't.. I'd love to see Cotch in a top 4 team getting a chop out like Judd gives Murphy...

Supercoach is kind of ruining peoples perceptions of players i think... because Murphy is a supercoach darling i think he is a tad overrated.. whilst still a great player i think Cotchin is as equal right now and will end up better as he has more scope for improvement..

thoughts from non biased fans?

It was nice of you to wait for Murphy to have a poor game to start this thread.:rolleyes:

I'm biased but Murphy is my pick of any Carlton player, and he's ahead of Cotchin, for now!

nah i have always had the view that Murphy kind of floats off behind and gets a lot more cheap ball.. not denying he is a gun.. but think a bit over hyped...

He's 6th in the league for contested ball. It's been noted also over the last 2 years he has vastly improved the ability to win his own ball. Seriously, when was the last time you watched him, 2007? lol.

I have to give credit where it's due. Murphy is a better player than Cotchin. It would be quite a good debate on who has had the better season but ultimately, I think that Trent will be the better player.

People need to remember that Murphy has 3 years on Cotchin.

Haha, imagine Cotch with an extra 3 pre-seasons under his belt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watch Murphy closely and he tends to run hard forward but not as much the other way. Will gamble at times on his team winning the ball and take of forward also. Relies on other people to give him the ball, which means he can be tagged out of a game a lot easier. Very similar to Stanton IMO.

Let's be honest - your team would kill to have either of them.

In fact Shaun Grigg would be an upgrade on any of your midfielders.

As even Richmond fans are acknowledging at this stage Murphy clearly. 5 years time - toss a coin as to who will end up better.

Last year Murphy was so far ahead it wasn't worth the discussion. This year the gap has closed but Murphy's extra conditioning has him still ahead. Next year given both players remain uninjured, will be a very close call. The year after, honestly I think Cotchin will overtake him. I might be biased but Cotchin has some of the finest qualities in a young footballer that I have seen. His attack on the ball, his poise and his ability to go forward and kick goals are as good as any midfielder around.

Cotchin cant match Murphy's running ability and probaly wont.

Murphy is way ahead at this stage.

I think eventually Cotchin can take over as he has a little more xfactor to his game, and is harder at it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back