AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond VFL Richmond VFLW AFLW
After 188 games as captain, Cotch to step down for the 2022 season

Thanks Cotch

1631614681408.png

Last edited:
We’ll that’s sudden , not completely surprised, just wasn’t ready to hear it so soon, I can’t thank Cotch enough for the enormous contribution he’s made in our 🏆🏆🏆 , glad he will be a tremendous support for the next skipper of our great club. Jack graham I think , Vlas to fiery , shedda and grimes in twilight now . Dusty a chance if he was keen

Always lead by example.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My youngest has just turned 9.
I remember I wanted to name him Cotch.
He was flying in his Brownlow year of 2012. Thought this is a player we can build a team around.
But been so much better as a Captain than I could have expected.
Copped a lot in his first few years as leader but stuck to it and stuck it up them all.
Great man.

Sad news
But not surprised
Last year of his contract next year
Can mentor our next skipper in his last year so he can continue when cotch finishes up next year

Id love to see Dusty take over. If we want to stay hungry and in flag mode I think he would leave no stone unturned to become the goat if they gave him the captaincy. He’d want a flag as skipper so if that’s our aim id go for that. If we’re thinking the future I can see vlastuin taking over but would love Nank out of that age bracket. Don’t ride off lynch as skipper too. Would be unpopular from an outside perspective but from the players side of things at Richmond they absolutely love him and he has done it at the infants in gold coast land where he actually played his best footy as skipper. If we’re looking completely at rebuilding we’ll see a Graham take over and grow into the role. But if we do that Id be surprised. Think the club know we’re still in a window for 2 years and we’ll need someone to inspire that from the top and Dusty would be perfect imo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back