News COTCHIN TO STEP DOWN AS CAPTAIN

Mar 1, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Sad news
But not surprised
Last year of his contract next year
Can mentor our next skipper in his last year so he can continue when cotch finishes up next year

Id love to see Dusty take over. If we want to stay hungry and in flag mode I think he would leave no stone unturned to become the goat if they gave him the captaincy. He’d want a flag as skipper so if that’s our aim id go for that. If we’re thinking the future I can see vlastuin taking over but would love Nank out of that age bracket. Don’t ride off lynch as skipper too. Would be unpopular from an outside perspective but from the players side of things at Richmond they absolutely love him and he has done it at the infants in gold coast land where he actually played his best footy as skipper. If we’re looking completely at rebuilding we’ll see a Graham take over and grow into the role. But if we do that Id be surprised. Think the club know we’re still in a window for 2 years and we’ll need someone to inspire that from the top and Dusty would be perfect imo

I would make Jack Graham captain.

Nothing against Dusty, its just there will be a lot of focus on the kids and Dusty can help Jack in that regard to. Dusty is too important as a player to worry about the captaincy I think like Gilchrist for Australia

Just reaffirms that we may be witnessing the end of an era in terms of players in the next two years :(

Was there in the hard times and stuck through it and credit to him for doing that.

I don't know how Jack Graham is around the club but if his on field performances are anything to go by, we're looking athe next captain. He is everything a Richmond Man is and I can't think of anyone else like him.

Thanks for everything skip! Superstar in my eyes

Too many on field highlights to mention... 1 off-field moment I will always look back on and smile was at the end of the 2017 GF parade when Cotch and Tex were holding the cup up, and he told the lads that he wasn't going to let go first. Was the start of the mind games that unravelled the power stance Crows.

2b3f5898fdf39582915aa3ac2ca9c286

Richmond legend for sure. I don’t look forward to the day he retires. Even him steeping down as captain is kind of sad.

I just hope that when these guys do start retiring we can actually go and give them a proper send off.

Cotch has done more then any Richmond supporter could ever want, will always be a legend of the club

Captain for the second premiership in 3 years and what a beautiful day this was, I was there... loved every minute of it. Thrashed 'em and Cotchin loved it.

it was such a great day. Weather amazing game was over and you were just waiting for something to happen. The whole section I was sitting in was on their feet screaming for him to kick the goal. The whole ground erupted when he did. Was so good.

Thank you, Cotch. We figured it out when you figured it out. Outstanding footballer but an even better leader of footballers.

It's sad, but I'm glad his stepping away from the captaincy while his still playing. Newman hanging around for Trent worked out pretty well.

Hail to the great man.

Anyone know where to get full videos of games from the 2012 (Brownlow) season?

I think you can just watch them from the AFL site - https://www.afl.com.au/video/match-replays/2012

I re-watched Rnd 20 against the Bulldogs not so long ago. Cotchin dominates that game at a level that's Dusty-like. Maybe even more dominant than most (but not quite all) Dusty dominations. You also get Maric in the ruck and Jake King in the forward pocket, so it's pretty fun.

Back