Cotchin would accept 2012 Brownlow

Remove this Banner Ad

Jobe losing his brownlow is not enough.

All the profits made though memorabilia should also be redistributed to the rightful winners

Why should jobe and essendon profit from cheating

What if he wins his appeal? Strip Cotchin and Mitchell of the medal and hand 1 back to Watson?
Even if they do win the appeal, they all just go back to the CAS....and history tells us they'll get the same result handed down once more.

Jobe should've handed it over already.

Jobe losing his brownlow is not enough.

All the profits made though memorabilia should also be redistributed to the rightful winners

Why should jobe and essendon profit from cheating
Agreed.

He should be fined and suspended for bringing the game into disrepute as well. It is the best and fairest award, yet he accepted it after doping during a season.

The fact he hasn't given it back is absolutely pathetic.

No way would you accept it. I reckon most players would decline and say something like "i still didnt poll the most votes".

I feel sorry for cotchin that he feels so low about him self that he would have to accept a charity award
The captains doco showed more than enough in regards to how he views football, he can't wait for it to be over. That perspective you could more than see why he'd desire a Brownlow, it's a vindication it was all worth it in the end.

The captains doco showed more than enough in regards to how he views football, he can't wait for it to be over. That perspective you could more than see why he'd desire a Brownlow, it's a vindication it was all worth it in the end.
Didnt see it. What was he saying.

Its quite funny. When he first came into the league, he was viewed as an exciting talent, where as now, rightly or wrongly he is not taken serious anymore

He lost a heap of puppy fat going into 2012, and was quoted as saying that it was an "eye opener" how much his body had changed in just 2 weeks of Danky's program. Then he absolutely dominates the season, playing at a level that he hadn't produced before. Then when the club started being investigated the puppy fat came back and he was unable to reproduce his stunning form.

And it's all just a big coincidence.

he averaged around 27pos a game in the years surrounding 2012, 29 in the 'drug cheat' year. don't think that's a massive change. the guys was a great player for longer period of time than that

They were the 2nd best team for 13 weeks with the 9th best list. Miracle from God?
even geelong started 2007 3-3. for the rest of that season and the next they went 41-3. i mean teams go through good runs and bad runs all the time. gold coast were a finals contender for a while a couple years ago and dropped off the map. to me the 9th best list (subjective but we'll go with it) finishing 10th doesn't seem that out of the ordinary to me.

lets be clear though, i'm not denying the use of the drugs, i'm just saying that i don't think the use of supplements had much of an effect on how that season ended up..

Even if they do win the appeal, they all just go back to the CAS....and history tells us they'll get the same result handed down once more.

Jobe should've handed it over already.
If they win the appeal he will keep his Brownlow. Posters can debate if this is right or wrong but it will happen.

he averaged around 27pos a game in the years surrounding 2012, 29 in the 'drug cheat' year. don't think that's a massive change. the guys was a great player for longer period of time than that
In the first 13 weeks of 2012 he polled Brownlow votes in 12 games. To repeat. He polled votes in 12 out of 13 games during the period of the injection regime.

In the previous 13 games he polled 4 times. In the subsequent 13 games he polled 5 times.

During the injection regime he polled 26 votes in 13 games, an average of 2 votes per game.

The rest of his career he polled 87 votes in 187 games, an average of approx 0.45 votes per game.

I agree. The impact of Essendon's Drug Regimen undermines the very value of the year.
Totally. 2012 was so undermined I've decided to wipe it from record, which makes me a year younger.

In the first 13 weeks of 2012 he polled Brownlow votes in 12 games. To repeat. He polled votes in 12 out of 13 games during the period of the injection regime.

In the previous 13 games he polled 4 times. In the subsequent 13 games he polled 5 times.

During the injection regime he polled 26 votes in 13 games, an average of 2 votes per game.

The rest of his career he polled 87 votes in 187 games, an average of approx 0.45 votes per game.
Coincidence. :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

in 2012 watson had no competition for votes and it was the only time while he was an elite player that they played 22 games in a season. he was all Australian in 2013 so he was just as good, but now they signed goddard and heppell emerged as an elite mid who combined for 19 votes that year. i think if we consider 2013 watson to be legit then, while not technically correct, 2012 watson for all intents and purposes was legit as well.

watson isn't in that judd, ablett class that can just expect 20+ votes every year but it's not unheard of for players to have one outstanding year in the middle of a bunch of good ones. cotchin hasn't polled over 20 other than that year. bartel and cooney did nothing outside their brownlow years...

in 2012 watson had no competition for votes and it was the only time while he was an elite player that they played 22 games in a season. he was all Australian in 2013 so he was just as good, but now they signed goddard and heppell emerged as an elite mid who combined for 19 votes that year. i think if we consider 2013 watson to be legit then, while not technically correct, 2012 watson for all intents and purposes was legit as well.

watson isn't in that judd, ablett class that can just expect 20+ votes every year but it's not unheard of for players to have one outstanding year in the middle of a bunch of good ones. cotchin hasn't polled over 20 other than that year. bartel and cooney did nothing outside their brownlow years...

Yeah but we known one of those guys was dopping in his one year

No way would you accept it. I reckon most players would decline and say something like "i still didnt poll the most votes".

I feel sorry for cotchin that he feels so low about him self that he would have to accept a charity award

So lets go back to 2014. What if Fyfe got more votes than Priddis?

Should Priddis have accepted the award?

He lost a heap of puppy fat going into 2012, and was quoted as saying that it was an "eye opener" how much his body had changed in just 2 weeks of Danky's program. Then he absolutely dominates the season, playing at a level that he hadn't produced before. Then when the club started being investigated the puppy fat came back and he was unable to reproduce his stunning form.

And it's all just a big coincidence.
What an absolute load of s**t. Jobe's first half of 2011 was almost as good as his 2012 form until he was injured half way through the season. In 2013 (All-Australian that season) and 2014 his form was just as good until he copped injuries in both years as well.

Surprise surprise, a player in career best form averages more votes a game than in his first few seasons where he was a nobody.

Surprise surprise, a player in career best form averages more votes a game than in his first few seasons where he was a nobody.
That's not what was in question, it was the "coincidence" in correlation that his career best form also was at the time he has now been found guilty of doping, that was being discussed.

That's not what was in question, it was the "coincidence" in correlation that his career best form also was at the time he has now been found guilty of doping, that was being discussed.
From 2009 to 2013, Jobe polled 10, 16, 15, 30, 17 votes. By no means did his form come from nowhere and by no means did it fade away instantly. He was already building as an elite midfielder of the AFL for a few seasons before 2012. If those so-called PEDs worked so well for Jobe, why is it that most of the team was so far behind the rest of the pack?

to me that just correlates with him being in the prime of his footballing life in that 26-29. for a systematic doping regime, not many other players showe dsignificant statistical increases in performance. heppell's 2013 was much better than his 2012.

From 2009 to 2013, Jobe polled 10, 16, 15, 30, 17 votes. By no means did his form come from nowhere and by no means did it fade away instantly. He was already building as an elite midfielder of the AFL for a few seasons before 2012. If those so-called PEDs worked so well for Jobe, why is it that most of the team was so far behind the rest of the pack?
Who knows, maybe because they are a pack of lemons. Maybe the concrete like substance Dank shot up into their arse weighed them down too much. Maybe a lot of things.

What we do know is the argument of would have Jobe won the Brownlow without the Dank Juice is null and void. Because as we know he was found guilty for taking a banned substances during that time and the AFL have already indicated that they do not wish for him to keep the medal. Now if the snowball in hell chance appeal (on a process technicality not one of innocence or guilt) get ups and it doesn't go back to CAS for the same inevitable finding CAS had the first time around. Well then maybe he gets to keep it. Otherwise it's as good as gone.

to me that just correlates with him being in the prime of his footballing life in that 26-29. for a systematic doping regime, not many other players showe dsignificant statistical increases in performance. heppell's 2013 was much better than his 2012.
The win loss the Club was at before all the soft tissue injuries (another coincidence), would suggest the Players in the team week in week out were doing quite well.

the other question is how will the commission take it off him. what rule will they use?

he wasn't suspended during the season so that rule isn't valid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back