• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 1, 2013
Victoria
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Swinburne
After a lovely anniversary dinner yesterday my wife and I decided to stroll home through the Treasury and Fitzroy Gardens. Having had a few cocktails I decided to avail myself of the public bathrooms on the border of Lansdowne Street. I entered the room and was startled by a man's bare backside shining in the moonlight, protruding from the doorway to one of the cubicles.

Being a discrete gentleman I ignored this and made my way to the urinal. The chap with the exposed rump closed the door to the cubicle, made his way to the urinal and chose to closely inspect my urinal technique. I once again ignored this and finished voiding my bladder and made my way to the sink, I noticed another man leave the cubicle that the bare bottom had been protruding from. Once again discretion prevailed, I washed my hands and left.

However, I was surprised to see that cottaging still exists in this age of Grindr and the like. Has anybody else had a similar experience, or has been involved in cottaging and wants to explain its' appeal.

Last edited:

AlanJones.png

• Banned
Wtaf.

Sometimes I'm glad I'm a woman.

/and never heard of this until now.
Cottaging is a gay slang term, originating from theUnited Kingdom, referring to anonymous sex between men in a public lavatory (a "cottage", "tea-room"), or cruising for sexual partners with the intention of having sex elsewhere.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cottaging

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pre internet, in less progressive times it was often the only way you could meet other guys. These days it's just tacky imo.
The man inspecting my equipment was older, and did not look the classy type of homosexual.

Are you referring to those horrific bashing/murders that took place in NSW back then. Have seen a doco on that.

Am assuming it happened elsewhere as well.

What happened? Was it far right hate groups (like skinheads) 'staking out' these places looking for gays to bash/murder? I guess as Gough said you'd be living with a target on your back with the likes of those evil c*nts lurking in the shadows.

What happened? Was it far right hate groups (like skinheads) 'staking out' these places looking for gays to bash/murder? I guess as Gough said you'd be living with a target on your back with the likes of those evil c*nts lurking in the shadows.

Threw them off the gap and stuff. Was absolutely horrific and the cops didnt want to know.

Jesus. I'm not gay myself but I can empathise, something that whoever did these horrific crimes obviously cannot do.
s**t like that was part of the reason last Wednesday was so huge for us, it wasn't just about marriage. The first person I thought about when it was announced was George Duncan.

Thought this was gunna be about downsizing your house or something.

It isn't.

Sent from mTalk
lol same, once I got in the thread I remembered but my first thought was going the english country style cottage

s**t like that was part of the reason last Wednesday was so huge for us, it wasn't just about marriage. The first person I thought about when it was announced was George Duncan.

Murdered by cops.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_George_Duncan

Within days of the murder it was suspected that the group of men who killed Duncan were three senior Vice Squad police officers. Witnesses claimed that the detectives were also accompanied by a tall civilian who was never identified. The detectives were called upon to give evidence at the Coronial Inquiry but they refused to answer any of the questions put to them and were subsequently suspended from duty and eventually resigned. The coroner returned an open finding on 5 July 1972.

The subsequent police investigation, which called the incident "a frolic", failed to find sufficient evidence to prosecute any of the officers...

Back