Opinion Could Ainsworth play a subtly important role in finals?

Remove this Banner Ad

I've already pencilled him in for the important role of Team Whipping-boy & Scapegoat for this finals series. He's got some big shoes to fill off other such West Coast luminaries as Masten, Swift and Hutchings.
Swift and Hutchings dont hold a candle to whipping boys Priddis and Hill.

I think Ainsworth's ceiling is on the Damien Adkins level. If we're lucky that is and things pan out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weirdly I feel more confident playing Ainsworth as a tagger this finals series then I do Hutchings. Hutch came off a long stint with a hammy and then pulled it again a couple weeks later. If we're in a tough EF/SF and Hutch gets injured again it would be a horrible result. Lets go with Ainsworth.

Agreed.

Rather go with Ainsworth over Hutch (sacrilege I know, but Hutch too injury-prone).

I agree about Ainsworth and Hutch but I'd go with neither tbh. Ainsworth with the body of a 12 year old school boy will struggle with physicality of finals. After all this was the kid that made Dusty out of Polec.

Not a premiership player but Xavier Richards was dumped by Sydney pretty quickly after playing in their 2016 loss
We delisted Kasey Green after the 05 gf. He was a kick away from being a premiership player.

I've got a feeling our list management is going to be sucked into the 'roles' he's done on a B grade crab like Jones or slowing down a midget like Caleb Daniel.

He's not AFL quality. An improvement in his past couple games as a tagger doesn't suddenly gift him a 2 year extension, that's ridiculous.

A tagger is the least important role you consider on your list. Any of our young mid depth (O'Neil) could do the roll if required.

Keeping Ainsworth because we "need" to have a tagger on the list, just no.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back