The Ancients Could an Industrial Prehuman Civilization Have Existed on Earth before Ours?

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting šŸ¤”

ā€œ But almost before Frank could describe how one might search for the climatic effects of industrial ā€œexocivilizationsā€ on newly discovered planets, Schmidt caught him up short with a surprising question: ā€œHow do you know weā€™re the only time thereā€™s been a civilization on our own planet?ā€œ

Frank considered a moment before responding with a question of his own: ā€œCould we even tell if there had been an industrial civilization [long before this one]?ā€œ

Their subsequent attempt to address both questions yielded a provocative paper on the possibility that Earth might have spawned more than one technological society during its 4.5-billion-year history. And if indeed some such culture arose on Earth in the murky depths of geologic time, how might scientists today discern signs of that incredible development? Or, as they put it in the paper: ā€œIf an industrial civilization had existed on Earth many millions of years prior to our own era, what traces would it have left and would they be detectable today?ā€œ

ā€œToday less than 3 percent of Earthā€™s surface is urbanized, and the chance that any of our great cities would remain over tens of millions of years is vanishingly low, says geologist Jan Zalasiewicz of the University of Leicester in England. A metropolisā€™s ultimate fate, he notes, mostly depends on whether the surrounding surface is subsiding (to be locked in rock) or rising (to be eroded away by rain and wind).ā€

Last edited:
Interesting šŸ¤”

ā€œ But almost before Frank could describe how one might search for the climatic effects of industrial ā€œexocivilizationsā€ on newly discovered planets, Schmidt caught him up short with a surprising question: ā€œHow do you know weā€™re the only time thereā€™s been a civilization on our own planet?ā€œ

Frank considered a moment before responding with a question of his own: ā€œCould we even tell if there had been an industrial civilization [long before this one]?ā€œ

Their subsequent attempt to address both questions yielded a provocative paper on the possibility that Earth might have spawned more than one technological society during its 4.5-billion-year history. And if indeed some such culture arose on Earth in the murky depths of geologic time, how might scientists today discern signs of that incredible development? Or, as they put it in the paper: ā€œIf an industrial civilization had existed on Earth many millions of years prior to our own era, what traces would it have left and would they be detectable today?ā€œ

ā€œToday less than 3 percent of Earthā€™s surface is urbanized, and the chance that any of our great cities would remain over tens of millions of years is vanishingly low, says geologist Jan Zalasiewicz of the University of Leicester in England. A metropolisā€™s ultimate fate, he notes, mostly depends on whether the surrounding surface is subsiding (to be locked in rock) or rising (to be eroded away by rain and wind).ā€

Gobekli Tepe gives a great indication of this.
Stonehenge is held in such high esteem and Gobekli just towers over it in size, age and artistry .
Very undermined site by most British archaeologists.

Interesting read.
It is hard to conceptualize how changes occur over millions of years, although I do wonder if there are other avenues to consider such as areas of abnormal radiation.
Also noteworthy is just how little of the ocean floor has been subject to exploration. We're still finding new lifeforms today

Interesting šŸ¤”

When you say industrial, what industries are you suggesting existed?

I donā€™t know ..cotton mills ?

Fabrication welding factories?

Mass production of dog food ?
Well the poster suggested an old nuclear explosion existed on Earth so he must be meaning manufacturing uranium isotopes as a starting point.
Thatā€™s a bit more advanced than cotton mills and cans of dog food.

Check out Joe Rogan podcasts with Randall Carlson and Graham Hancock if your interested in this topic. Also Graham Hancocks new docuseries on Netflix 'Ancient Apocalypse'.

The Younger Dryas meteor impact(s) theory they've been spruiking seems to be gaining a bit more traction recently.

Though its hard to get evidence on ancient advanced civilizations when your talking about intervening multiple meteor impacts 1000s times the power of a nuke with enough heat to melt quartz rock (see the 'black mat' layer recently discovered in widespread parts of the world) ushering in the last ice age, then on top of that the subsequent mile thick glacial formations across continents, and then more meteor strikes causing meltwater raising sea levels swallowing swathes of land, and entropy due to passage of 13,000 years since then.

The discovery of Gobekli Tepe really is a game changer in this regard, being pre-ice age. The sphinx is potentially pre ice age too.

Check out Joe Rogan podcasts with Randall Carlson and Graham Hancock if your interested in this topic. Also Graham Hancocks new docuseries on Netflix 'Ancient Apocalypse'.

The Younger Dryas meteor impact(s) theory they've been spruiking seems to be gaining a bit more traction recently.

Though its hard to get evidence on ancient advanced civilizations when your talking about intervening multiple meteor impacts 1000s times the power of a nuke with enough heat to melt quartz rock (see the 'black mat' layer recently discovered in widespread parts of the world) ushering in the last ice age, then on top of that the subsequent mile thick glacial formations across continents, and then more meteor strikes causing meltwater raising sea levels swallowing swathes of land, and entropy due to passage of 13,000 years since then.

The discovery of Gobekli Tepe really is a game changer in this regard, being pre-ice age. The sphinx is potentially pre ice age too.

Listened to it today and am currently watching the show on Netflix. Itā€™s fascinating tbh and certainly gets you questioning our history and everything weā€™ve been told.

Iā€™m definitely open to the thought that there was once an advanced ancient civilisation that had gathered so much information of the world and had resources and incredible ability to build structures that even today we still donā€™t know how the hell they were built.

Listened to it today and am currently watching the show on Netflix. Itā€™s fascinating tbh and certainly gets you questioning our history and everything weā€™ve been told.

Iā€™m definitely open to the thought that there was once an advanced ancient civilisation that had gathered so much information of the world and had resources and incredible ability to build structures that even today we still donā€™t know how the hell they were built.
Agree that the possibility shouldn't be dismissed. Noone can logically explain how the Egyptians precisely cut and transported 2.3 million blocks ranging from 3 to 80 tonnes for 500 miles, and hoisted them over 100 metres into the air.

My personal theory is that they had some mastery of what constitutes our reality, derived through 100s, even 1000s of years of learnings and breakthroughs via altered psychadelic states, which also formed the basis of their religion.

More recent modern examples of breakthroughs whilst under the influence of psychedelics is the discovery of the double helix structure of DNA, and cloning technology, so who knows what else a society that actively coveted their use, instead of demonising it, could have discovered over at least 30 centuries(!) of their existence.

Last edited:

I was looking for some info on Ancient Apocalypse and this article is the first thing that popped up. If fact checking hit pieces are being written about some old stoner talking about the pyramids I will definitely check it out, but I have to wonder about anyone expending energy like this on the subject. I can't imagine they would be much fun at a party.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was looking for some info on Ancient Apocalypse and this article is the first thing that popped up. If fact checking hit pieces are being written about some old stoner talking about the pyramids I will definitely check it out, but I have to wonder about anyone expending energy like this on the subject. I can't imagine they would be much fun at a party.

I don't get why the possibility is so despised by by the archaeological fraternity. Surely its not that outlandish to suggest there was a faction of mankind during neolithic times that weren't knuckle dragging cavemen and were capable of such feats as building structures, having complex knowledge of astronomy and a deep understanding of the natural world.

Humans from 60,000 years ago have been found to have the same cognitive function as us in modern times, so what exactly were they doing for 50,000 years after the neolithic revolution leading into the last ice age, considering the advancements we've made in just 200? Were they were all doing exactly the same thing as each other - farming?

Obviously he's been proven right to an extent (despite the opposition) with discovery of pre ice age submerged villages, and Gobekli Tepe, Boncuklu Tarpa, water scouring on the Sphinx etc. The link of glacial meltwater to ancient great flood stories such as Noah's ark, Plato etc is really intriguing too. So what 'scientific methods' is he exactly not considering here?

This article is such a nothing hit-job, implying he's a white supremacist druggie hippie stumbling around with no idea making stuff up, just ridiculous. I don't agree with all of his findings but he's correct about the archaeological community refusing to budge from the accepted narrative.

I used to be fun at parties.

Last edited:
I think a big part of it is that all these archaeologists and historians only know what they were taught, and have built careers and reputations based on old knowledge. There must be tenured professors who have written dozens of scientific articles on these subjects, and they would be exposed as frauds or poor scientists by further investigation. There is also the gravy train aspect, new information might require them to divert funds from whatever rorrts it is going to now, towards new excavations.

I have watched the first 2 episodes now, and I couldn't really imagine that any decent scientist wouldn't want to explore further, so I can understand Hancock's exasperation. These sites are like a cliffhanger in a TV show, except the next episode might be 100+ years away.

I don't get why the possibility is so despised by by the archaeological fraternity. Surely its not that outlandish to suggest there was a faction of mankind during neolithic times that weren't knuckle dragging cavemen and were capable of such feats as building structures, having complex knowledge of astronomy and a deep understanding of the natural world.

Humans from 60,000 years ago have been found to have the same cognitive function as us in modern times, so what exactly were they doing for 50,000 years after the neolithic revolution leading into the last ice age, considering the advancements we've made in just 200? Were they were all doing exactly the same thing as each other - farming?

Obviously he's been proven right to an extent (despite the opposition) with discovery of pre ice age submerged villages, and Gobekli Tepe, Boncuklu Tarpa, water scouring on the Sphinx etc. The link of glacial meltwater to ancient great flood stories such as Noah's ark, Plato etc is really intriguing too. So what 'scientific methods' is he exactly not considering here?

This article is such a nothing hit-job, implying he's a white supremacist druggie hippie stumbling around with no idea making stuff up, just ridiculous. I don't agree with all of his findings but he's correct about the archaeological community refusing to budge from the accepted narrative.

I used to be fun at parties.

Ancient sumerians talked about pre great flood stories too

Well, no, we'd have detected their various emissions in the soil etc - if they were "industrial" in the sense we describe.

Were there ADVANCED civilisations, likely very large and populous, we don't know about?

Yes, almost certainly.

Would we even recognise the evidence if we came across it? Probably not.

I mean, the octopus is by and far and away the most intelligent and advanced non human creature on the planet, but 100 years ago, if you said that at the Royal Society they'd have had you committed.

There's almost certainly evidence of large advanced civilisations staring us in the face right now.

I mean, the octopus is by and far and away the most intelligent and advanced non human creature on the planet, but 100 years ago, if you said that at the Royal Society they'd have had you committed.
Is it really? What point have developers got to with AGI (Artificial General Intelligence)? We could be living at a point where AI is actually controlling us and we don't even know it.

Is it really? What point have developers got to with AGI (Artificial General Intelligence)? We could be living at a point where AI is actually controlling us and we don't even know it.

No, we're nor, an AI is nowhere near any sentient and likely never will be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back