Could Collingwood follow Richmond and the Bulldogs

Can Collingwood win the flag in 2018?

• Yay

Votes: 142 22.0%
  • Nay

Votes: 503 78.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Well they are the facts. Not very good is it?
Yes, great fact. Little difficult to beat a team you haven't yet played.

Why would you mention West Coast who we haven't played, Hawthorn or GWS ahead of Melbourne or Adelaide in Adelaide when they were at the top of their game (having thumped Richmond the week prior)? Is it because it wouldn't suit your argument?

Only Elliot woud get a game with Collingwwod at the moment the style you are copying off Richmond requires forwards willing to tackle, Moore and Fasolo dont fit the bill.

MM lost his marbles a long time ago.

Oh that style you largely copied from the MM pies' 2010 press with Dogs small-mid sized forwardline?

Richmond aren't doing anything innovative.

Oh that style you largely copied from the MM pies' 2010 press with Dogs small-mid sized forwardline?

Richmond aren't doing anything innovative.
Watch closer, we pressure all over the ground, yes its base is in those styles and lets be honest nothing is ever totally new but Richmond have taken it further, for example one true key forward and only one ruck is not something really seen before, we rely on things other than posession stats, often we win by 40 or 50 points but lose all the key indicators, such as clearances, posessions, contested posessions, definitely has elements of other styles but as a whole not a style seen before.

Mick commenting on our style before last years GF, we have taken that to another level this year.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/m...aide-cant-ng-63bcd25ee5521c2b1d0e68ca5336b95c

Haven’t played finals for four years. Finished bottom six last year.
AFL policy means they get an easier fixture. You want to whinge - go whinge to the AFL.

Made Granny in 2002 after 8 years out of finals.

Anything is possible.

I'd be happy just to see the guys back in the finals.

Could they? Sure, anything is possible.

Will they? A very different question, you need a lot of luck in finals, a lot of factors like injuries, who you play and where, luck can make your run significantly easier, or significantly harder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going to be a bit hard for Collingwood to do a tigers and bulldogs from outside the eight, i suggest pie fans look at those clubs level with you and 1 game adrift fixtures. :oops: pies will finish 9th.
Just like the Pies are 1 game off 9th, Tigers are 2. I’m a glass half full type of guy, I see us as 1 game off top spot :)

No real powerhouse sides in the comp. Comps pretty weak at the moment but it makes it exciting last few years as anyone can win it.

Or you could look at it from the perspective of for there to be 1-2 powerhouse sides, the rest of the comp must be weak.

Just like the Pies are 1 game off 9th, Tigers are 2. I’m a glass half full type of guy, I see us as 1 game off top spot :)
Keep looking over your shoulder because those teams below you are going to swallow you up, all you have done is beat up bottom 6 sides ala demons, now it's all the clubs around you turn to beat up on those sides while you have to play top 8 sides. :);)

Repeat of what I posted a week ago - In 2018 Coll have beaten Car, Ess, Bris, StKilda, Bull, Fre, Melb and Adel. You can now add Carlton again to the list and the Gold Coast next week to beat up on. Did Eddie McGuire plan the draw for 2018?

Repeat of what I posted a week ago - In 2018 Coll have beaten Car, Ess, Bris, StKilda, Bull, Fre, Melb and Adel. You can now add Carlton again to the list and the Gold Coast next week to beat up on. Did Eddie McGuire plan the draw for 2018?
Didn’t Brisbane win against you by 10 goals a month ago?

Back