News OFFICIAL: Gary Ablett traded to Geelong

How many games will Ablett play for Geelong in his second stint

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

And Ablett was on more of these deals
Your point is not relevant, as I was pointing out that people quoting 100% of players would make the same decision as gcablett are delirious
On a separate note, when will you be coming out with the latest goss on who's coming to Geelong? Your posts have always been interesting on these particular topics and you've been pretty accurate too.

And Ablett was on more of these deals
Your point is not relevant, as I was pointing out that people quoting 100% of players would make the same decision as gcablett are delirious

Saying is "shat in our faces" and he is a "rat" is rubbish, he was a huge part of 2 flags for our club. Just because he made a life choice to leave after 9 years doesn't justify attacking him personally.

And Comparing to other players is futile. Danger came home for lifestyle reasons, is he a "rat" too because he left Adelaide? I can't see much difference, whatever his motivation, that's his business, he wanted to leave. Same with Ablett.

If someone came to me and offered me 2.5 x the money I'm on now for the same job, I'd do it and I reckon almost all people would. Selwood and Taylor may have knocked back an extra $200k, not $500k extra a year for 5 years. Apples and oranges.

I just get riled up when people pull the loyalty card. Those days are done, it's a job, and the clubs show very little loyalty to players when push comes to shove. No problem if you don't agree with his decision, but dishing out personal insults about his character when you have probably never even met the guy and know zilch about his decision making process or why he might or might not want to make such a life choice (which is btw 100% his to make) is just bitter and petulant. in my view.

Saying is "shat in our faces" and he is a "rat" is rubbish, he was a huge part of 2 flags for our club. Just because he made a life choice to leave after 9 years doesn't justify attacking him personally.

And Comparing to other players is futile. Danger came home for lifestyle reasons, is he a "rat" too because he left Adelaide? I can't see much difference, whatever his motivation, that's his business, he wanted to leave. Same with Ablett.

If someone came to me and offered me 2.5 x the money I'm on now for the same job, I'd do it and I reckon almost all people would. Selwood and Taylor may have knocked back an extra $200k, not $500k extra a year for 5 years. Apples and oranges.

I just get riled up when people pull the loyalty card. Those days are done, it's a job, and the clubs show very little loyalty to players when push comes to shove. No problem if you don't agree with his decision, but dishing out personal insults about his character when you have probably never even met the guy and know zilch about his decision making process or why he might or might not want to make such a life choice (which is btw 100% his to make) is just bitter and petulant. in my view.
And your view means SFA to me, as far as i'm concerned GAJ is still a f$@#ing money hungry rat.

ill bite
he never said he was a rat or he shat in our faces, so direct those to whoever said those comments

1. Becuase he chose to leave after 9 years is fine it was the method, the lies and the behaviour that is attacked.
- he sold gear to geelong supporters to maximise his earn knowing he was leaving, that is a dog act, as he knew he was leaving and wanted to maximise his take from mums and dad's earning 2- 10% of his earn
- he approached the gc and had decided to leave a year out and refused to be honest, or play to role, and was more worried about his brownlow than team success

2. You are the one who refers to other players and people. SO STOP BEING A HYPOCRITE. you mention what other people and players will do and yet attack posters who provide a contrary view. he was not offered 2.5 times what geelong was offering, but you can continue with your fiction. and an extra $300 or $500 is still a significant amount of money.

3. The same loyalty card was played by the family when they want $$$$$ from the club after the retirement of senior, the same loyalty card is played to get him home.

YOU ARE A HYPOCRITE ON THIS ISSUE

ill bite
he never said he was a rat or he shat in our faces, so direct those to whoever said those comments

1. Becuase he chose to leave after 9 years is fine it was the method, the lies and the behaviour that is attacked.
- he sold gear to geelong supporters to maximise his earn knowing he was leaving, that is a dog act, as he knew he was leaving and wanted to maximise his take from mums and dad's earning 2- 10% of his earn
- he approached the gc and had decided to leave a year out and refused to be honest, or play to role, and was more worried about his brownlow than team success

2. You are the one who refers to other players and people. SO STOP BEING A HYPOCRITE. you mention what other people and players will do and yet attack posters who provide a contrary view. he was not offered 2.5 times what geelong was offering, but you can continue with your fiction. and an extra $300 or $500 is still a significant amount of money.

3. The same loyalty card was played by the family when they want $$$$$ from the club after the retirement of senior, the same loyalty card is played to get him home.

YOU ARE A HYPOCRITE ON THIS ISSUE
Crikey Mahlepi-don't want to blow a foofer valve. He was offered double the salary and just about everyone would go for that.

Crikey Mahlepi-don't want to blow a foofer valve. He was offered double the salary and just about everyone would go for that.
no but again we go through the same shite
he was offered circa 50-60% more
given what is being offered to dusty danger would have got the same had he not gone to geelong, but rather gc

anyway
You can not say that everyone would go for that. As many would not.

no but again we go through the same shite
he was offered circa 50-60% more
given what is being offered to dusty danger would have got the same had he not gone to geelong, but rather gc

anyway
You can not say that everyone would go for that. As many would not.
Ok but my understanding is they offered double the salary and suspect most people would go for that and fair enough.
Besides I know that Ablett consulted the best lawyers in Melbourne to try and break the contract not long after he signed it. So he did think better of it but it couldn't be broken.
And it's years ago now, cut him some slack? He wasted some of his best years in that crappy place-it's his loss and football's loss.

Ok but my understanding is they offered double the salary and suspect most people would go for that and fair enough.
Besides I know that Ablett consulted the best lawyers in Melbourne to try and break the contract not long after he signed it. So he did think better of it but it couldn't be broken.
And it's years ago now, cut him some slack? He wasted some of his best years in that crappy place-it's his loss and football's loss.
selling the gear was low, and the club supported him and his family more than anyone when his dad was off the rails
plus they made super allowances for him and his brother

happy for him to do as he pleases
but dont want us to trade anything more than pick 88 for him
contract should be 300k plus incentives, he could destabilise

selling the gear was low, and the club supported him and his family more than anyone when his dad was off the rails
plus they made super allowances for him and his brother

happy for him to do as he pleases
but dont want us to trade anything more than pick 88 for him
contract should be 300k plus incentives, he could destabilise
Ps someone told me we are interested in Redpath-have you heard that, seeing as you are the knower of things like that? Presume we couldn't afford him even if there was any truth in it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really , someone told me we may be interested in Watts... a lot fluff this time of year.

Redpath gets 1 year deals from the dogs every year so a 2 or 3 year deal might convince him to move (not saying it should be us).

Watts is such an enigma i wonder how he would go at a new club.

We should aim to get Tom Lynch (GC) in 2 seasons before Collingwood does.
Exactly what we need.

He is a restricted free agent next year mate.

Are you prepared to pay 1.5mil a year for 5 years? Thats probably what it would take for GC not to match. Otherwise they match and we have to trade a lot (more than we traded for danger probably).

He is a restricted free agent next year mate.

Are you prepared to pay 1.5mil a year for 5 years? Thats probably what it would take for GC not to match. Otherwise they match and we have to trade a lot (more than we traded for danger probably).
How could we do that?
The sort of player we build a future around.
How can Pies do it?

Redpath gets 1 year deals from the dogs every year so a 2 or 3 year deal might convince him to move (not saying it should be us).

Watts is such an enigma i wonder how he would go at a new club.

Watts is sort of a variation on Stanley... more talented but sort of a netball footballer ....we do seem to end up with a players with questions over their assertiveness.

Watts is sort of a variation on Stanley... more talented but sort of a netball footballer ....we do seem to end up with a players with questions over their assertiveness.
You should see how tough some of the AFLW ex Netballers are when they take up footy.
But like the description.

Back