Opinion Could Hawkins become a legend?

Remove this Banner Ad

Gotta admit...Tomahawk now has an exciting presence of his own that is growing every single week.
Can't wait till he also gets the kicking boots right because we could be seeing the emergence of a very special power forward who has the rare mixture of brute strength and exceptional high marking ability.

Yes TH is a very different forward to any great Geelong player I can remember. Most of our forwards look more artistic not so brutish. The others were more Sabre where Hawkins is more Cleaver. Less style , still effective.

But before we start rating him with Wade ,Donahue ,Goninon and White. He must do it for more than a few games. Lets see him kick a few bags against weak teams, lets see him beat quality opponents with no excuses. Next time V the Pies should interesting , or Carlton or WC.

Not a Legend, but could become one of Geelong's greatest FF by the end of his career if he continue's to improve and get better. It's got to the point now where i expect 4-5 goals every game from Hawkins, he should be kicking bags for us this season.
I think the statement 'one of the greatest' ignores the years' worth of daylight will still separate him and GOD!

Big fan of Tommy since he debuted, love debating his worth to the team and his position in the AFL to the flogs who wrote him off so early into his career. Still hold concerns over his kicking for goal but his ability to impose himself on a contest has become his biggest strength, not only in the air but at ground level! He can definitely kick 60-70 goals this year but it is early in the season, don't want to put the muzz on him!

Won't ever blame him for his missed goals in the 2008 GF because I have never believed in the alternate reality that a goal would have predecessed immediately after one another.
Most likely he kicks the one that hit the post and it goes back to the centre square only for Hawthorn to quickly take it forward and goal.
More likely he kicks that goal and they all go back to the sheds for half time because the siren had already gone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back