Rumour Could Hine be leaving?

Remove this Banner Ad

Beat me to it!!

Gubby has started his cleanout.

That's not what he is at Collingwood for..........by the way I thought the same thing.

That's not what he is at Collingwood for..........by the way I thought the same thing.
That's exactly why he is at Collingwood. He's not there to just solely set up a woman's football team nor netball team, in spite of what the club says to avoid paying some extra bullshit AFL tax. He's there to do what he does best, set up clubs for success.

This is not necessarily bad news. Provided of course that his replacement is a quality recruiter. He has made some good selections but the lack of effective disposers of the ball and the plethora of inside mid types is starting to count against us. Thanks for your input. For obvious reasons I can't wish Hine success at Richmond.

That's exactly why he is at Collingwood. He's not there to just solely set up a woman's football team nor netball team, in spite of what the club says to avoid paying some extra bullshit AFL tax. He's there to do what he does best, set up clubs for success.

You know this as fact?

is the gang getting back together? graham wright maybe?

It's a huge move to get rid of Hine but his biggest weakness is his inability to get a small crumbing forward, and that's Wright's strength, and that's what we need moving forward so I hope we get Wright.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, but its not hard to read between the lines. Do you know for fact it isn't?

Yes......because I questioned someone close to him twice.

I called bullshit on the woman's & academy role for him. The person was adamant that is his role.

Waste of talent if you ask me......I will ask the question again when I see them next.

If Gubby is doing an internal review, and you would have to think there is likely to be something to this, then it is probably not a bad thing for some changes to be made.
Gubby has been very successful at implementing change that lead to big improvements....its kind of "his" thing

You do have the ask the question if our recruiting has been over rated, given our on field results.

So maybe Hine going is good for everyone, Rendell can be promoted to chief recruiter over seen by Gubby.

Is this "The Project?" You know one of those shows where they make up the news that suits them so they can hang Shite on all comers?
Or is there any evidence of something concerning Hine actually happenning?
(Not that I'd be too concerned if Gubby took over the joint!!....he seems to get things done!)

Calls to replace Hine with Wright are laughable. Wright is superior in identifying opposition talent, but if you look at Hawthorns youth, it's really not all that flash. As the top talent from over a decade ago, before Wrights time starts to diminish, the Hawks will fall. It's begun already.

Is this "The Project?" You know one of those shows where they make up the news that suits them so they can hang Shite on all comers?
Or is there any evidence of something concerning Hine actually happenning?
(Not that I'd be too concerned if Gubby took over the joint!!....he seems to get things done!)
Waldron does get a bit of inside info on occasions
He was the the first one to report Richmond would go hard after Treloar and offer more than us to get him, and then was the one of the first to report they had failed when everyone else said Richmond had got him

I called bullshit on the woman's & academy role for him. The person was adamant that is his role.

Waste of talent if you ask me......I will ask the question again when I see them next.
Gabby can't help himself but get involved. I think he is there to do all possible to prevent Buckley being given the flick, set up things properly so he has either no excuse or he has the best football dept possible, given there are probably still some hangovers in the dept from Malthouse's days.

But I also believe that Gubby will be looking long and hard at Buckley with an objective eye and if sees there is no possibility of Buckley succeeding, he will advise McGuire to move him on. I think its the best thing to happen to the club in a long time, getting him specifically on board. McGuire needs an objective, unpolluted set of eyes to assess the whole dept from Buckley down.

If we are obscuring his role to evade taxes, maybe he and those close to him are instructed to maintain that his listed role is his only one. Surely he's over qualified for what they say he is doing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back