Rumour Could Hine be leaving?

Remove this Banner Ad

That's a shame. You (and any fans who want it) should be able to have the same level of access to stats and footage as the clubs get.

No reason why it shouldn't be that way.

Yeah, it costs a bit of money to produce that material - but can't reasonably expect fans to be able to afford to pay for it, and besides, it's already been paid for anyway. The AFL is pretty much a closed economy. May as well give the material away to increase fan engagement.

Something to lobby the AFL over IMO.
1. Champion data model is to sell the data to clubs. Only way we'd get the data for free is after drafts.
2. Clubs would get stats from these providers but would also have their own assessments / stats from recruiters observations - we will never see these as clubs' all looking to unearth the next hidden gem from drafts and even after the draft would want their observations (eg what they look for) kept secret

I think his papers were stamped after he chose a one dimensional, unknown midfielder at pick 30 last year who looks like he just started playing footy when we really needed outside run and damaging defenders.

Wright and Blakley would have been much smarter and obvious choices in that 2015 draft as well.
Maynard (pick 30) was 2014 draft not 2015 and is a defender not midfielder (at least so far). Assuming you are talking about possibly taking Wright instead of JDG - may have been more of an apparent need at the time but less so since emergence of Cox.

I'd be interested to know how much you've actually seen of Sier to be able to label him as one dimensional.
I suspect he was talking about Maynard from the year before as Maynard was pick 30, Sier 35 in 2015 and Wright and Blakley references are also 2014.

1. Champion data model is to sell the data to clubs. Only way we'd get the data for free is after drafts.

1. I was thinking more AFL stats / footage - which is more relevant to trading than drafting, but your point is taken.
2. It would make better sense for the AFL just to pay Champion data to supply all clubs with the same data than to have the dastardly equalisation tax.

2. Clubs would get stats from these providers but would also have their own assessments / stats from recruiters observations - we will never see these as clubs' all looking to unearth the next hidden gem from drafts and even after the draft would want their observations (eg what they look for) kept secret

True

What was said as I don't buy the Herald Sun. Already have enough Toliet Paper;)

"Collingwood is adamant head recruiter Derek Hine is not shifting to Richmond, despite continued speculation about the Tigers' interest, and former GWS list manager Graeme Allen, who has a broad role outside the football department, will remain in that position."

"Collingwood is adamant head recruiter Derek Hine is not shifting to Richmond, despite continued speculation about the Tigers' interest, and former GWS list manager Graeme Allen, who has a broad role outside the football department, will remain in that position."

Thanks. That says he not going to Bitchmond but does not mean he is Staying

I dont know if the rumour is true or not.

but do you expect the club to say anything different at this point in time.

Lets see what happens at year end.

GWS said simmlar thing about Treloar last year

If it's true wouldn't you give him the arse?

Why pay him a wage to scout for another team?

you don't axe people until uou have a replacement though.

I'm not saying it is true.

Rendell............and the cleaner Gubby maybe cover enough?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suspect he was talking about Maynard from the year before as Maynard was pick 30, Sier 35 in 2015 and Wright and Blakley references are also 2014.
Yeah I was. Blakely and Wright would have been killer choices in 2014 (both were the obvious choices at the time) and Sier (2015) looks like a VFL top up player. Its pretty clear that Derek is passed it and trying to be too clever.

Yeah I was. Blakely and Wright would have been killer choices in 2014 (both were the obvious choices at the time) and Sier (2015) looks like a VFL top up player. Its pretty clear that Derek is passed it and trying to be too clever.

But Phillps,Wills,Crocker and Smith look really good in the last(2015) Draft

But Phillps,Wills,Crocker and Smith look really good in the last(2015) Draft
Yes.
The better recruiters are much of a muchness.
Win some lose some, but Derek is well regarded

If it's true wouldn't you give him the arse?

Why pay him a wage to scout for another team?

He would be working for us until the draft day. No different to players who agree to a offer from a rival club during the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back