Rumour Could Hine be leaving?

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't forget the unnamed 11 before round 1.

Certainly an ill advised post given recent history under Buckley.

Come on Scodog Robbo just made that up..........get your facts right mate!

I think his papers were stamped after he chose a one dimensional, unknown midfielder at pick 30 last year who looks like he just started playing footy when we really needed outside run and damaging defenders.

Wright and Blakley would have been much smarter and obvious choices in that 2015 draft as well.

Last edited:
Don't forget the unnamed 11 before round 1.

Certainly an ill advised post given recent history under Buckley.
C'mon, if you and CFC2010 have the sources you claim to have, you'd know it wasn't 11 and you'd also know who the top 2 clubs with worse results were and what those results were.

Total PR disaster for the AFL for those 2 clubs to be named and the astonishing numbers.

I think his papers were stamped after he chose a one dimensional, unknown midfielder at pick 30 last year who looks like he just started playing footy when we really needed outside run and damaging defenders.

Wright and Blakley would have been much smarter and obvious choices in that 2015 draft as well.

Isn't Blakey also a Inside Midfielder?

I wanted us to Take Wright soon as the Beams Trade was Done as I felt is what we Needed

I'd be interested to know how much you've actually seen of Sier to be able to label him as one dimensional.

C'mon, if you and CFC2010 have the sources you claim to have, you'd know it wasn't 11 and you'd also know who the top 2 clubs with worse results were and what those results were.

Total PR disaster for the AFL for those 2 clubs to be named and the astonishing numbers.
You can argue about the numbers all you want. We don't have more or less of drug problem now than we did 5 years ago or than any other club. There was and is no specific drug issue at Collingwood there is a drug issue with people and consequently within clubs. There is no correlation between drugs and success in the AFL.

The WCE issues were unique to the combination of location and player group at the time. The mining boom did more than bring money to WA and the WCE list was full of party animals.

Meanwhile we F'd ourselves over for no reason and now we are worse off than had we not prematurely rebuilt but without the chance at success in between. Total and utter mismanagement at every level.

Spot on. I am a Hine fan but he's really bumbled a couple of recent ones.

I'd be interested to know how much you've actually seen of Sier to be able to label him as one dimensional.
Will be so good if he becomes a top player, shame on people who wish to mock him.

Who was the Richmond guy that got Richard lounder and passed on Franklin and Roughead.
Never mind Derek, who is the clod from tiger land

Who was the Richmond guy that got Richard lounder and passed on Franklin and Roughead.
Never mind Derek, who is the clod from tiger land
Francis Jackson was the part time recruiter at Richmond at the time (2004) because they didn't have the budget for full time list managers and recruiters. But Greg Miller who was IIRC the football director, did most of the grunt work in looking for talent. It was Miller, the following year 2005, who was alleged to have laughed loudly at Collingwood taking either Thomas at 2 or pendlebury at 5.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Francis Jackson was the part time recruiter at Richmond at the time because they didn't have the budget for full time list managers and recruiters. But Greg Miller who was IIRC the football director, did most of the grunt work in looking for talent. It was Miller, the following year 2005, who was alleged to have laughed loudly at Collingwood taking either Thomas at 2 or pendlebury at 5.
Says it all doesn't it.
Not sure any club was ever blessed with Mr Miller.
Marsh mellows to you Greg

That's a shame. You (and any fans who want it) should be able to have the same level of access to stats and footage as the clubs get.

No reason why it shouldn't be that way.

Yeah, it costs a bit of money to produce that material - but can't reasonably expect fans to be able to afford to pay for it, and besides, it's already been paid for anyway. The AFL is pretty much a closed economy. May as well give the material away to increase fan engagement.

Something to lobby the AFL over IMO.

It would be nice and certainly would increase fan engagement and interest to have stats for all competitions publicly available. Champion Data though seem very selective in who they will/won't share which stats with.

Hopefully we see it in the future. Other sports offer advanced stats in great detail online. So hopefully the AFL and lower levels in time catch up. But who knows?

Francis Jackson was the part time recruiter at Richmond at the time (2004) because they didn't have the budget for full time list managers and recruiters. But Greg Miller who was IIRC the football director, did most of the grunt work in looking for talent. It was Miller, the following year 2005, who was alleged to have laughed loudly at Collingwood taking either Thomas at 2 or pendlebury at 5.

I've had the misfortune of doing business with Miller. He's a certified flog.

I think his papers were stamped after he chose a one dimensional, unknown midfielder at pick 30 last year who looks like he just started playing footy when we really needed outside run...

Isn't that what Howe was recruited for? (Even if he isn't currently playing that role)

+ Aish? (Eventhough he hasn't gotten off to a great start, surely he was a safer bet than a draft pick?)

... and damaging defenders.

We had plenty of defenders at the time of the draft ...

- Scharenberg
- Ramsay
- Langdon
- Williams
- Brown
- Marsh
- Reid
- Sinclair
- Toovey
- Maynard
- Oxley
- Frost
- Goldsack

... Around a third of our list, that sounds about right?

As for damaging ones: Reid is proven, Scharenberg had promise, Ramsay had been coming along nicely, Langdon showed glimmers - more in his first year, Williams is proven, Marsh could develop into that.

It was Pendlebury, he is alleged to have said "we totally stuffed our draft with that pick"

Who would of thought Waldron is full of s**t!

Page 84 of the Herald Sun today.

Unfortunately you're only really guessing about players' performances minus injuries. Freeman never showed he was up to anything and Scarenberg's highlight reel is mainly built around one good reserves game. Broomhead is underwhelming as a player and Kennedy is gone. I must confess that the 'In Hine we trust' line trotted out after every draft was vomit inducing at times. He is as replaceable as Noel Judkins, provided of course we have a quality replacement waiting in the wings. The club's recent performance suggests that we might actually be caught with our pants around our ankles if he goes. Am I losing my faith? Perhaps. I hope not.
Could also be that with football department cap we need to rationalise having Hine & Rendell vs getting better development coaches (as an example)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back