Brownlow Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

12Chill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
6 probable 3 vote games so far- vs Collingwood, Essendon, Fremantle, Carlton, Essendon and Bulldogs.

Possible 1 or 2 in round 1.

Around 20 votes with 5 rounds left and he's in with a big shot. Another 3 vs Brisbane/Carlton, maybe edge out Dusty against Richmond would be beneficial.

Is Jacobs playing for North? He shut him down last time.

JG22

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 12, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
6 probable 3 vote games so far- vs Collingwood, Essendon, Fremantle, Carlton, Essendon and Bulldogs.

Possible 1 or 2 in round 1.

Around 20 votes with 5 rounds left and he's in with a big shot. Another 3 vs Brisbane/Carlton, maybe edge out Dusty against Richmond would be beneficial.

Is Jacobs playing for North? He shut him down last time.
Jacobs didn't play Friday night

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
I doubt he'll win the Brownlow this year, he'll be behind Dangerfield at least but he has to be a very strong chance of being AA at least.

Having said that he's barely played a bad game all year and his best games have been matchwinning 3 voters so he's in with a shout.

He's also an eye catching player with his run and dash so the umpires should notice him and would be a deserving winner of the Brownlow if he got it.

Regardless of whether he wins the Brownlow or gets AA selection I wouldn't trade him for any other mid right now with the form he's in.

mscBBTA.png

Pretty much on par

Smoke_Me_AKipper

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Tottenham; Philadelphia Eagles
26/1 with Sportsbet, definitely worth a punt!

Put an each way bet a couple of weeks ago

I dont think he'll win - Danger is a shoe in but I reckon he'll be top 3 with Dusty

Parker was the other one who had a flying start but has not done much in the second half of the year (he's played well but others will take votes from him)...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
I would not be surprised if Steven won the Brownlow but Hickey won the B & F.

Now that would shock me. Jack baring injury will win his third. Unfortunately for Jack he never seems to make up grade on Danger who is best every week Jack is. Best trifecta in footy is Danger, Martin and Steven.

Roadto2018

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur FC
Jack has now moved into the top 10 on the AFL player rankings, not that it means much when it has Natinui at 4 and Bontempelli at 6 but still nice to see him there.

JG22

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 12, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Jack has now moved into the top 10 on the AFL player rankings, not that it means much when it has Natinui at 4 and Bontempelli at 6 but still nice to see him there.
Reckon that's were his about at the moment 10th best in the comp.
Afew ahead like Franklin and Ablett but then afew like Bont and nicnat should be behind

Roadto2018

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur FC
Adding to that, AFL brownlow predictor has him =4th on 19 two votes behind Danger and Parker, but I reckon he'll surprise some people with how he polls despite not racking up touches, last year got the 3 when he had 22 against GC despite Armo getting mid to high 30s and bruce kicking 6

crasha301

worm farmer
Sep 21, 2014
The Farm
AFL Club
St Kilda
Adding to that, AFL brownlow predictor has him =4th on 19 two votes behind Danger and Parker, but I reckon he'll surprise some people with how he polls despite not racking up touches, last year got the 3 when he had 22 against GC despite Armo getting mid to high 30s and bruce kicking 6

You ever seen steven argue with an ump?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back