Unofficial Preview Could Jurrah return to Port?

Do you want to see Jurrah at Port?

• YES

Votes: 13 8.2%
  • NO

Votes: 54 34.0%
  • F@#k NO!!!

Votes: 92 57.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If he could get his sh1t together, would be a good get for the Indigenous Academy in a mentoring/coaching way. He has seen the good and the bad of life.

Wanted to take a risk on him some years back. Burnt. Our club is in a very different place now. No need for such a risk. So, "no".

But unlike some here, I don't pretend to know what he's been through in the last 4 years. I would not rule him out forever completely but he would have to meet a lot of criteria by the 2016 rookie draft before I considered him. This is very unlikely to ever happen.

No, he's a total loser.

Plenty of talented footballers and indeed talented Indigenous footballers out there who don't run around hitting people with machetes and who haven't been to prison multiple times. Give them a first chance before giving this guy a 100th chance.

....Liam Jurrah isn't our responsibility as a club, the responsibility falls onto a number of parties, the Australian Government, the AFL and the Melbourne Football Club. The lifestyle on remote communities would have every international aid organisation interfering, if the conditions were in a 3rd world country, but we as a population turn our backs on our fellow Australians.....

.....The responsibility for Liam Jurrah, first, second, third and forty fifth is Liam Jurrah's. Not the AFL's or Melbourne's but his and his alone. What he did with his cousin against his other cousin and to his partner and others had nothing to do with going to play footy in Melbourne and the impact that made on his life.
Definitely agree with REH. The responsibility for each of us, rests firstly with us! No different with Jurrah. And you can't blame Melbourne FC for taking him out of his isolated community and bringing him to the big bad city, then blame the lifestyle of the remote communities when he goes back there - can't have it both ways.

Just a BS headline in a slow week. Would laugh if Freo put up their hand though. Simply not getting back into AFL.

I can't see Keith Thomas giving this the green light. Even Pauly V would be hard pressed to justify his Sanfl inclusion. His crimes are pretty serious, it could have been manslaughter had the strike hit the wrong area.
I wish him the best but given his history and age he doesn't have enough time to make things right in the community to warrant another chance before he'd be too old.
First time around I would have supported it but not this time.

No.
Not as long as my backside points to the ground.
Has his chance(s).
Move on to someone ore deserving.
Our Club is above the likes of Jurrah at this point in time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WTF is wrong with you guys? Star Wars rules the galaxy once again. And no-one posts this. FFS...

The responsibility for Liam Jurrah, first, second, third and forty fifth is Liam Jurrah's. Not the AFL's or Melbourne's but his and his alone. What he did with his cousin against his other cousin and to his partner and others had nothing to do with going to play footy in Melbourne and the impact that made on his life.

Definitely agree with REH. The responsibility for each of us, rests firstly with us! No different with Jurrah. And you can't blame Melbourne FC for taking him out of his isolated community and bringing him to the big bad city, then blame the lifestyle of the remote communities when he goes back there - can't have it both ways.

I have to disagree here guys. The responsibility for the indigenous population of Australia falls back onto every member of society. We introduced many detrimental things into their lives when we came here, yet we continue to let them live in 3rd world conditions and treat them as 3rd class citizens, and we don't let them maintain their own language, culture and customs that we feel goes against the western lifestyle. We as a society have a responsibility here to fix our wrongs, to understand why certain things happen in the indigenous community, to educate the indigenous population and give them the best possible life that they can have. Helping Jurrah will not solve these problems, but it is a start and everything has to start somewhere.

Not only has that ship long ago sailed

titanic.png

I have to disagree here guys. The responsibility for the indigenous population of Australia falls back onto every member of society. We introduced many detrimental things into their lives when we came here, yet we continue to let them live in 3rd world conditions and treat them as 3rd class citizens, and we don't let them maintain their own language, culture and customs that we feel goes against the western lifestyle. We as a society have a responsibility here to fix our wrongs, to understand why certain things happen in the indigenous community, to educate the indigenous population and give them the best possible life that they can have. Helping Jurrah will not solve these problems, but it is a start and everything has to start somewhere.

I think Port Adelaide does plenty of heavy lifting in this regard already, the indigenous academy being a prime example.

We are not obliged to gift a rookie spot to a violent alcoholic who bashes women.

I think Port Adelaide does plenty of heavy lifting in this regard already, the indigenous academy being a prime example.

We are not obliged to gift a rookie spot to a violent alcoholic who bashes women.

If you read my other post I said no to him playing for the club, but yes for the club helping, if the clubs believes they have the ability to do so. So no rookie spot would be needed, it would be purely a community involvement not a football involvement.

If you read my other post I said no to him playing for the club, but yes for the club helping, if the clubs believes they have the ability to do so. So no rookie spot would be needed, it would be purely a community involvement not a football involvement.

Sorry I missed that in one of your previous posts, it was quite a long one in my defence!

From memory we offered Jurrah some community work and a spot with the Magpies at the beginning of 2013, but this was declined. I think we've done enough already and personally I would rather devote the resources to the academy and the Aboriginal Power Cup.

Prevention being better than cure and all that.

No.

We've set the standard with our community work and work in indigenous communities through our academy. Whilst a lot of problems in these communities are representative of other low socio-economic groups with added issues that aren't necessarily of their own doing everyone still has to take responsibility for their own actions and decisions. Yes there are plenty of poor kids that grow up not having a chance because of their selfish w***er parents (Who breed the most to make sure there's more dead-beats for the future) there are plenty of people who have enough opportunity to make the right decisions and choose not to. Port Adelaide does plenty of work and doesn't need to take Jurrah on, give him a massive wide birth.

Back