Universal Love Could the Fitz be the answer to the question people aren't asking (yet)?

I think we got a bit overexcited about one solid game against a young player who got nowhere near it and is in poor form. Fitzpatrick needs to be dropped as we won't play Tom Boyd every week.
Fitz also benefited from some horrendous inside 50 disposal by the Dogs which made his job of intercepting a lot easier.

I think we got a bit overexcited about one solid game against a young player who got nowhere near it and is in poor form. Fitzpatrick needs to be dropped as we won't play Tom Boyd every week.

And I guess this is the main problem with the thesis proffered by this thread -- if he can't do it every week, I doubt we can bring him in for games where he might have a favourable matchup. Would be nearly impossible for him to build form and against the 'earn your place' mantra.

The Dr

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 20, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
You'd think he would be the logical match-up for every club that plays two ruckmen, one of which plays forward (Lobbe/Ryder; Jacobs/Jenkins, Nic Nat/Sinclair etc).

But he shouldn't be definitely picked every week, but that then makes it hard for him to gain confidence at AFL level.

I wonder if it could be a win-win if he was traded to another club which is desperate for a key tall defender?

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne

He's a handy player to have around though. He hasn't embarrassed himself down back on talls or mediums (tunnel ball incident aside), can go forward and kick a goal and pitch hit in the ruck. He's only been in the side for a few games - I wouldn't mind seeing him get a few more.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
He is like a young Tmac in that I'm scared everytime the ball goes near him but he was ok yesterday , certainly didn't look out of place handballing to better ball users and kept white out of it
Though white destroyed him in the ruck

Back