Could there be a bigger name thatn Stevens, Rawlings or Brown traded ?

Remove this Banner Ad

bogan_blue

Club Legend
Sep 19, 2003
Not in England, home of the primative rock apes
Other Teams
Carlton
I mean with suppossedly 3 'star' players put up and 2 of them already found their new destinations, may I dare to suggest their could be a bigger shock and another big name player leave his club due to salary cap or other reasons ?
With last year's shock trade (at least it was to me at the time) of Shane Woewoeful, I suspect their could be more blood letting.
To be fair though, I shouldn't really make any more predictions after my monumental ****-up with Jade Rawlings and the Kangaroos. Can't see myself living that down for a while, if ever.

Jade Rawlings is big but probably not as big as Brown and Stevens - probably Stevens is the bigger one because he is the genuine class midfielder who still has 10 years left in him.

Carlton could still pull a rabbit out of the hat I think - with a Whitnall or something - Geelong might try something Spectacular in order to get a tall forward but I can't really see someone on their list that people would go "shock horror" at.

Freo and West Coast are probably biding their time so that they can have a red hot go at Coughlan next year.

Port could get someone good in exchange for Stevens so thats probably the one that could be the biggest - if he goes to collingwood then I highly doubt Port would accept their draft picks.

Brisbane might be a goer if they struggle to keep people under the Salary cap for someone put all their players will be slightly overpriced for their worth because of all the premiership medallions

(you might get things like Brawshaw being offered 400k a year - he's good - but not that good)

Richo still on the marker ? I know they are saying that they will keep him but that could still be a surprise.

Essendon could do their usual end of season culling but I would have thought by now they would have figured out the salary cap (with some of their stars going on Veterans list)

no one else really springs to mind

Bogan Blue none of Stevens Brown or Rawlings have found there team. All three have nominated the teams they want to go to. Stevens- pies Brown- tigers and rawlings- north. It doesn't mean that it's going to happen that way. A trade has to be found to suit both clubs. If one can't then the clubs can look at trades with other clubs but the player still has to agree. Which most would because they don't want to end up at carlton.

Originally posted by bogan_blue
Doesn't worry me, because I don't think Stevens, Brown or Rawlings are the type of player Carlton neccessarily needs.
And Essendon can kiss goodbye to landing any of them due to salary cap sanctions.

carlton need just about every sort of good player available, i think carlton would go head over heels for any of those players if the chance came up

who knows if there could be a bigger name traded but i cant see there being one the only other stand out name being thrown around as traid bait is richmond's Ben Holland, now being a richmond supporter and having watched most of Holland's career i have seen him grow as a player and he has developed but if it means offloading him and gaining Nathan Brown i would not hesitate trading Holland as we are very well stocked with talls.

I reckon Whitnall could be the interesting one. Geelong would be keen and I don't think Whitnall has liked Pagan's coaching philosophy. The sticking point is what would Geelong give away? Carlton can't draft into the first two rounds of the draft, so it comes down to players. But I can't see anyone that the Cats would be willing to give away (based on the speculation that they would give the Hawks a draft pick for Rawlings).

Originally posted by The Don
Bogan Blue none of Stevens Brown or Rawlings have found there team. All three have nominated the teams they want to go to. Stevens- pies Brown- tigers and rawlings- north. It doesn't mean that it's going to happen that way. A trade has to be found to suit both clubs.

But it's been a while since a player hasn't ended up at his nominated club. The last ones I can remember were Campbell not being granted his trade to North Melbourne, Lockett ending up in Sydney instead of Richmond or Collingwood, and Lambert getting sent to Brisbane instead of North Melbourne.

Anthony Rocca left Sydney for Collingwood, Grant finished at North Melbourne, Colbert at North Melbourne, Nick Davis at Sydney, Peter Bell at Fremantle, Wayne Carey at Adelaide, Scott Welsh at Adelaide, Des Headland to Fremantle - it seems to me that the chances are heavily in favour of the players ending up at their nominated clubs.

Originally posted by bogan_blue
Doesn't worry me, because I don't think Stevens, Brown or Rawlings are the type of player Carlton neccessarily needs.
Yeah, you're probably correct there.

But last time i checked, Jesus Christ hadn't nominated for the draft. He's about the only talent that could give Carlton any semblance of hope for the next 2 years.

So i'm tipping Pags would take any of the players mentioned and just about anyone else available in trade week before the words "our father, who art in heaven..." could be uttered.

Originally posted by Carlos
Yeah, you're probably correct there.

But last time i checked, Jesus Christ hadn't nominated for the draft. He's about the only talent that could give Carlton any semblance of hope for the next 2 years.

So i'm tipping Pags would take any of the players mentioned and just about anyone else available in trade week before the words "our father, who art in heaven..." could be uttered.

comic genius there.

nominated club

But it's been a while since a player hasn't ended up at his nominated club. The last ones I can remember were Campbell not being granted his trade to North Melbourne, Lockett ending up in Sydney instead of Richmond or Collingwood, and Lambert getting sent to Brisbane instead of North Melbourne.

Anthony Rocca left Sydney for Collingwood, Grant finished at North Melbourne, Colbert at North Melbourne, Nick Davis at Sydney, Peter Bell at Fremantle, Wayne Carey at Adelaide, Scott Welsh at Adelaide, Des Headland to Fremantle - it seems to me that the chances are heavily in favour of the players ending up at their nominated clubs.

Shinboners i think you'll find that last year blake carracellas nominated club was geelong and due to them not satisfying essendons needs he was traded off to brisbane. He had no choice in the matter at the end he was told where he was going.

just got a gut feeling that now brown has chosen richmond and like shinboners said, he will probably end up there, soloman will follow him. and my other gut feeling is that as a result of these two, expect another richmond player to be shown the door, to fit under the salary cap, with a salary near to or on a par with holland. i dunno players salaries down there at punt rd but someone like a bowden or a blumfield. just a gut feeling.

Re: nominated club

Originally posted by pete18
Shinboners i think you'll find that last year blake carracellas nominated club was geelong and due to them not satisfying essendons needs he was traded off to brisbane. He had no choice in the matter at the end he was told where he was going.

Oh Well.... He can just console himself with another premiership medallion!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by jimmy_clement#8
just got a gut feeling that now brown has chosen richmond and like shinboners said, he will probably end up there, soloman will follow him. and my other gut feeling is that as a result of these two, expect another richmond player to be shown the door, to fit under the salary cap, with a salary near to or on a par with holland. i dunno players salaries down there at punt rd but someone like a bowden or a blumfield. just a gut feeling.

Hmmm.... still only 50/50 that Richo will be here next year...

Originally posted by Shinboners
I reckon Whitnall could be the interesting one. Geelong would be keen and I don't think Whitnall has liked Pagan's coaching philosophy. The sticking point is what would Geelong give away? Carlton can't draft into the first two rounds of the draft, so it comes down to players. But I can't see anyone that the Cats would be willing to give away (based on the speculation that they would give the Hawks a draft pick for Rawlings).

Whitnall should be our main target now. Carlton have consistantly stated they want more midfielders who can play for 10 yrs. ie players b/w 20-22. Geelong guys like Spriggs, Wojcinski, Enright and Bartel all fit that mould.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back