Could we do a 2016 Dogs?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd love to say yes, but... We either need Griff back healthy, or one of Elton/Soldo/Chol to take this opportunity by the scruff of the neck and run with it.

The Adelaide game was the only one we were outclassed in this season.
Big test this weekend against a bogey side. Interested to see how we handle this mentally, get over the Kangas, go to the break 7-4 then be ready to fire against the Swans.

Top 4 not out of the question.

lol no, we have to not let those winnable games slip in that manner before we can even think about that.

The only thing that is in our favour is how close this comp is so we could pull a freak result, but in saying that about 10 other teams could do the same too.

We can match it against the top sides that I am sure of, I just highly doubt we can do it regularly and be on the ball consistently especially during finals.

The Doggies were phenomenal in the finals last year. I still think a top four finish is required to be a serious premiership chance. So if we finish 5-8 I'd put our chances at <10%. But the eveness of the comp might see us sneak into the top four - at the moment we are literally 2 points out of it, and that is not even taking into account the "what ifs" that three consecutive losses of less than a goal throw up. Just need to keep winning.

We haven't even defeated a top team yet. Bulldogs last year defeated quite a few top teams. Getting close does not count here IMO.

We'll be talking once we defeat someone like Adelaide, GWS, Geelong, Bulldogs or Port Adelaide at AO. Generally speaking you gotta be able to beat the top teams in the season to beat them in the finals.

The Doggies were phenomenal in the finals last year. I still think a top four finish is required to be a serious premiership chance. So if we finish 5-8 I'd put our chances at <10%. But the eveness of the comp might see us sneak into the top four - at the moment we are literally 2 points out of it, and that is not even taking into account the "what ifs" that three consecutive losses of less than a goal throw up. Just need to keep winning.

A lot of people remember the Bulldogs's last month of football but they didn't exactly come from the clouds last year.
Up to R10 last year they beat Freo by 65, Saints by 57, Blues by 36, Lions by 53, Crows by 15, Dees by 32, Pies by 21. Point is they were a pretty good side in an even season before finals.

We aren't at that level yet but the season is just as open as last year so if we can find some decent form and manage to pinch a top 4 place, as you say, why not? Don't think we can win from 7 or 8 like the Dogs did.

How+About+No.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of people remember the Bulldogs's last month of football but they didn't exactly come from the clouds last year.
Up to R10 last year they beat Freo by 65, Saints by 57, Blues by 36, Lions by 53, Crows by 15, Dees by 32, Pies by 21. Point is they were a pretty good side in an even season before finals.

We aren't at that level yet but the season is just as open as last year so if we can find some decent form and manage to pinch a top 4 place, as you say, why not? Don't think we can win from 7 or 8 like the Dogs did.
Very impressive beating 17th, 16th, 14th, 12th. St kilda wasn't a big scalp in the first half of the season, the only team that was a threat at the end of the year was Adelaide.

The addition of the bye between r23 and week 1 of the finals now means anyone outside the top 4 is a genuine chance.

Very impressive beating 17th, 16th, 14th, 12th. St kilda wasn't a big scalp in the first half of the season, the only team that was a threat at the end of the year was Adelaide.

The addition of the bye between r23 and week 1 of the finals now means anyone outside the top 4 is a genuine chance.

I get ya but the point is they beat who they played and won well.

Our wins have been against 6, 9, 11, 12, 17 and 18 and I wish we had been just as convincing.

Last edited:
I'd have Shai Bolton at CHF for the rest of the year :cool:

In all seriousness, tongue is firmly in cheek, but i love Mondays after a win!!

Cant compare the north "bogey" side tag this year as in the past it has been Petrie/Harvey/Dal and co that have hurt us.

I was actually thinking about this , for first time since I dunno when, the strength in rfc 2017 campaign is our ability to execute a game plan that brings high intensity pressure , is both bloody hard to play against and even more difficult for opponent to score . I think we re second best for points against

Most avg punters don't give us a look in coz they see an inexperienced team on paper

Oppo are now realising the Tigers are bringing a relentless game plan to the table. That's why dimma has been reluctant to mess with the side too much save for injuries , coz these guys are expecuting the game plan right

Keep it up Tigers and bring our best to table this sat night , we deserve to sit 7-4 at the turn

Let's get it done

I'll just leave this here....
lol we dont have the umpires in our corner for a start

if we did we'd be on top of the ladder right now and won the last 4

Garthwaite to fill the role at CHF with natural ease :cool:

He was tried there in the VFL last week (maybe week before?) and had such 'natural ease' he got moved straight back to defence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back