Could we turn Tarrant into a Centre Half Back?

Remove this Banner Ad

The Clokes

Club Legend
Feb 19, 2003
AFL Club
Collingwood
what do you think?
Like Chad Cornes this year

Seeing we have the likes of Cam Cloke, Morrison, Davidson and Travis Cloke coming up.

Before we worry about where a quality player should play we should consider where we need such a player. We DON'T need him at CHB. We have Wakelin, Presti, Clement and Cloke as options depending on the opponent and we have seemingly earmarked Walker as a player to develop for that position. We also have Hall and Travis Cloke who may have potential there.

I don’t think Tarrant is best suited to FF. I do thing Rocca is best suited to a FF position with some license to venture past CHF and having the CHF dropping back when he does so. That could be the basis for a very dangerous forward set up. Given we have Fraser and Cam Cloke as tall forward options and Davidson hopefully to spend some time up forward in 2005 Tarrant can be utilised elsewhere without great cost to the forward set up.

I'd love to see him trialed on a wing. I wouldn't mind Woewodin moved to a flank, or even in an interchanging wing HFF position with Tarrant. We desperately need more flexibility and Tarrant could provide both drive through the centre line and a great target from defense.

Unfortunately I think Tarrant may have gone too far with the beach weights to play wing now.

........... Chris Tarrant has a killer lead and mark. Why move him to a possie where he wouldn't beable to function those 2 things most of the time. He would be more useful on the wing.

Travis Cloke at CHB.

:eek: That's the most stupid thing I have heard since Michael Gayfer started in a forward pocked round 4 V.F.L park against Richmond 1987! :confused:

The Clokes said:
what do you think?
Like Chad Cornes this year

Seeing we have the likes of Cam Cloke, Morrison, Davidson and Travis Cloke coming up.

Of this group of up and comers Morrison stryggles to get a touch in the Williamstown reserves, Davidson has played a quarter of a senior game and Trav Cloke has only just arrived at the club. Cam is the only one who may play round one and he is hardly up to a standard of forcing taz out of the forward line.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!

captain ebert said:
"like chad cornes" - ha ha - you would need to get a tredrea first :rolleyes:
Firstly, Chad Cornes was never in the same ball park as Tarrant as a forward. He was an ugly forward and as such he's capable of being played down back, at limited cost to your forward set up.

Secondly, it'd be handy if Rocca could play some games this year. Tom Davidson too. And Richards so Josh could play up forward. Inshort, it'd be nice if we can stop getting injuries to our big fellas, then Taz can play back pocket for all I ********en care!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Taz into CHF and Rocca FF. Taz takes the marks from the centre bomb it into rocca and we use rocca up forward like a big gerhig, hall or lockett and try to out mark the opponents 1 on 1. Then in the pockets have the younger guys around rocca as crumbing support.

u ppl have 2 much time on ur hands how can u even think of putting tarrant as chb. he is our best mark and the only GOOD forward we have. :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back