Multiplat Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Remove this Banner Ad

right now the stats read:
1.6 - 16,254, peak 55,486
source - 11,392, peak 40,196
GO - 9,496, peak 20,134

roughly 2am in Europe so numbers are pretty low.
Its come a long way

CURRENT PLAYERS PEAK TODAY GAME

753,446 791,772 Dota 2
449,456 629,949 Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
53,793 62,206 Team Fortress 2
32,773 50,387 ARK: Survival Evolved
31,673 34,490 Grand Theft Auto V
28,844 46,123 Football Manager 2015
28,142 34,131 Warframe
25,108 33,002 Clicker Heroes
23,316 38,131 Sid Meier's Civilization V
21,061 23,148 Unturned

Its come a long way

CURRENT PLAYERS PEAK TODAY GAME

753,446 791,772 Dota 2
449,456 629,949 Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
53,793 62,206 Team Fortress 2
32,773 50,387 ARK: Survival Evolved
31,673 34,490 Grand Theft Auto V
28,844 46,123 Football Manager 2015
28,142 34,131 Warframe
25,108 33,002 Clicker Heroes
23,316 38,131 Sid Meier's Civilization V
21,061 23,148 Unturned

no doubt, the game is actually massive now. one thing i never thought i would see is an international CS comp in aus, but over the weekend we had c9 and VP compete against RNG and iM at the crown invitational for 55k. the final was even broadcast on fox sports 1 :O

aussie players on full-time salaries, televised leagues starting next year. CS is teh future.

Got back into this over the weekend, bit rusty after a few years off but did manage to top 1 game and got a nice message to git gud you s**t campaigner by some scrubber on the other team with half the kills and score.... :confused:
PC or console?

Man, last time I played CS would have been like 2001 or 2002. Can't believe it's still getting around.

Does everyone still just play Dust?

Anyone watch the major in Cologne? I never thought I'd ever be watching professional "athletes" playing Counter Strike live on my television but there I was, beer in hand and cheering for VP.

I was at the Northcote Social Club a few nights ago and there was a game on the screens there as well, to my disbelief. Not sure if it was on Foxtel or some other service but CS:GO at a pub, who would have thought.

We've come along way from teenage LAN parties ten years ago...

Anyone watch the major in Cologne? I never thought I'd ever be watching professional "athletes" playing Counter Strike live on my television but there I was, beer in hand and cheering for VP.

I was at the Northcote Social Club a few nights ago and there was a game on the screens there as well, to my disbelief. Not sure if it was on Foxtel or some other service but CS:GO at a pub, who would have thought.

We've come along way from teenage LAN parties ten years ago...
I watched a bit of it. You see the ELEAGUE games and the broadcast? They went all out on stage and broadcast production

As good as it is now, nothing beats the feel CS had back in the 1.6 days. I miss those days. CS:GO is great but just doesn't compare to CS 1.6 for me.

I watched a bit of it. You see the ELEAGUE games and the broadcast? They went all out on stage and broadcast production

As good as it is now, nothing beats the feel CS had back in the 1.6 days. I miss those days. CS:GO is great but just doesn't compare to CS 1.6 for me.
Yeah I can't believe the money they spend on it these days. Million dollar competitions and everything, absolutely insane for just a video game
]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've played all three pretty heavily but I made the jump to CS:GO from CS:S two years ago and haven't looked back. In my opinion, and feel free to disagree, you need a much broader skill-set to play full competition matches in GO than you needed in Source or 1.6. Not sure whether it's a more competitive community or whether the changes to the gameplay have been the driver behind it, but I used to rely purely on my aim to win matches and now I've had to learn to read the game and use utilities properly.

Performance used to be an issue but then I upgraded to a GTX-970 and 300 FPS no problem.

I think my problem with not getting into CSGO as much as due to me not having a capable computer. I'm playing on 60fps most of the time and smokes make me drop down to as low as 20fps. It's playable though and I do agree about the gameplay being a lot more multidimensional and that makes it a lot better especially for watching competitively. CS 1.6 was a lot more fun to play than watch but with CSGO, I'm not surprised some people prefer to watch rather than play. I skipped CS:S so I can't really comment on that.

How old is your computer? CSGO isn't exactly the most demanding game...

What are peoples thoughts on Counter Strike 2 that is tipped to replace GO within 24 hours?
Most obvious changes are the cosmetic ones but the game runs a lot better on the new architecture.

In-game movement feels a bit slower than CS:GO for me though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back