Dallas Mavericks

Amazing storytelling

Aug 31, 2012
Pining for the fjords
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
******* stupid game
I've never really been into country but a couple of years ago I was concentrating on something at work so had the headphones on, blocking the office out and listening to something or other on youtube. My song ended and youtube started playing random s**t and I just let it run. For some reason it threw The Dixie Chicks "Goodbye Earl" at me and I was blown away. That song and video clip are just about perfect.

Then I saw them on the 2017 tour, geez they were good. I think I was one of very few people in the audience who recognised the pre-recorded bluegrass piece in the middle of the show as a cover of Motorhead's "Ace of Spades".

Their cover of Bob Dylan's "Mississippi" was probably the highlight of the show:

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
This is just so cool

Is it me or does Waylon sound better live or what? Love watching him live. Most of the times he was just off his face on blow but still pretty darn good.
i've listened to his live album a million times by now.

He’s touring with Merle Haggard's band this time round so it might be a different type of show.
wish he was playing in Perth. One of the greatest song writers.

This tv series is a good watch IMo. They do Jennings, George jones, Billy Joe Shaver, Jonny paycheck and a few more.

Is it me or does Waylon sound better live or what? Love watching him live. Most of the times he was just off his face on blow but still pretty darn good.
i've listened to his live album a million times by now.

wish he was playing in Perth. One of the greatest song writers.

This tv series is a good watch IMo. They do Jennings, George jones, Billy Joe Shaver, Jonny paycheck and a few more.

I'm so buzzed for Kristofferson, it was the privilege of my life to see him once, I can't believe I'm going to get another chance.

avishka5

150 game legend.
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast

Never really been a fan of DAC. Just find him too hill billyish for my liking but I've been listening to this a bit.

Schauermann

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 27, 2011
Hamburg
AFL Club
Fremantle

avishka5

150 game legend.
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm so buzzed for Kristofferson, it was the privilege of my life to see him once, I can't believe I'm going to get another chance.
Normally Adelaide misses out on Gigs. strange how KK is going there. Bit disappointed he didn't add gig here in Perth.

Been listening to both these versions on a regularly. Both have their beauty to it. KK is more subtle but Waylon live comes across with a ton of passion. IMO this song is pure poetry. Showed this to one of my muso mates (not a country fan at all) and he was taken back by the lyrics.

Josie is another one that i recently started listen on a regular basis.

May 22, 2016
Perf
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
WV Mountaineers Texas Rangers
Tyler Childers' new album is a ripper. Big Country fan listening at the moment to Childers, Guy Clark, Arlo McKinley, John Prine. Sturgill Simpson and Colter Wall my modern day favourites.

Back